Page 20 of 69 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shwade View Post
    Too bad there's no option year on his contract. Dude has been raking in the $$$ the last 4 years with very little output to show for it.
    13 goals in 28 appearences. Id also assume he had a few assists in there. This from a guy whos been injured. He hasnt exactly been trash. Lets not forget that Klinsmann has also been playing this guy when hes been injured. Not a lot of other strikers in this league you can get to do what he does at his price. Cant say i agree with the pile on that everyone seems to be so intent on doing with regards to Jozy's play

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flamehawk View Post
    No way, Morrow has been our most consistent performer for multiple seasons. The only way I see this happening is if Morrow indicated that he wants to leave for Europe in Summer or end of season.
    you have to trade something of value to get something of value, and I trust morgan to fill the spot sufficiently

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ossington Mental Youth View Post
    13 goals in 28 appearences.
    The problem as I see it, is it's only out of 28 appearances. He's been with TFC, what, 44 games (and that could be up to 50+ by the time he comes back)? Obviously he's going to miss games with USMT, but playing less than 2/3 of games is always going to hurt us (and it could be much closer to 1/2 by the time he comes back from this injury). I like Jozy, and I like what he brings to the team - I don't like how often he doesn't play.

Edit - oh and I think he's on 2 assists, both this year, I was shocked he had none last year.
    Last edited by Ben - D.O.W.; 05-17-2016 at 08:20 AM.
    TFC management changes: "like adding a new fish to your aquarium of failure." - Shakes

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ben - D.O.W. View Post
    The problem as I see it, is it's only out of 28 appearances. He's been with TFC, what, 44 games (and that could be up to 50+ by the time he comes back)? Obviously he's going to miss games with USMT, but playing less than 2/3 of games is always going to hurt us (and it could be much closer to 1/2 by the time he comes back from this injury). I like Jozy, and I like what he brings to the team - I don't like how often he doesn't play.

Edit - oh and I think he's on 2 assists, both this year, I was shocked he had none last year.
    I think it was Scotty Bowman who said make a move a yearly early, not a year late. Altidore had an excellent season last year, but all the signs are that he is essentially through as a dependable, dangerous goal scorer. Now that he is done for 2 months, it is incumbent on mgnt to pick up a replacement asap, even if it means trading one, or more, of the younger prospects. If Seba stops scoring, this quickly becomes a last place team again.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My understanding is Gomez' cap hit comes off as of July 1st. So we can sign a forward then. IF there is a decent enough forward out there that teams are willing to part with, we have tradeable and replaceable players in Hagglund or Zaveletta or Williams.

Trades in MLS usually don't include a major player going for a major player. Its usually a player that is no longer wanted going for Garber $. That's why I think we are more likely to sign a non DP for the max cap hit + any allocation we get for trading one of our CD's.

So, anybody know a good soon to be free agent forward out there that isn't looking for DP wages?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ben - D.O.W. View Post

Yeah 13 MLS goals in 4 years isn't exactly something to write home about. Nor is being injured or in recovery mode for the better part of the year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Where did you get 4 years from?

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by molenshtain View Post
    Where did you get 4 years from?
    He's counting Red Bulls years but not goals scored there?
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah 13 MLS goals in 4 years isn't exactly something to write home about. Nor is being injured or in recovery mode for the better part of the year.
    Context of how a player is played.

Time in Holland does count as part of his career. And Sunderland was a farce - their manager was telling his mids to shoot on sight.

His career minutes per goal is 200.

Seba is 226, which tells you more about the context of how and where a player is played.
    Last edited by OgtheDim; 05-17-2016 at 10:05 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    He's counting Red Bulls years but not goals scored there?
    my head hurts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok ok sorry, 3 years not 4...
    2013-2015 at Sunderland where he scored one whole goal and was injured on and off. Doesn't matter about Sunderland's manager - you're telling me a $5M striker can't manage more than a goal. All he managed was to make his entire team and manager lose faith in him.
    And yes last year he was good when he was actually here...so 13 MLS goals and 1 Premiership goal in 3 and a half years with countless missed appearances because of his damaged hamstrings and the all-important USMNT.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2013-2015 at Sunderland where he scored one whole goal and was injured on and off. Doesn't matter about Sunderland's manager - you're telling me a $5M striker can't manage more than a goal. All he managed was to make his entire team and manager lose faith in him.
    And yes last year he was good when he was actually here...so 13 MLS goals and 1 Premiership goal in 3 and a half years with countless missed appearances because of his damaged hamstrings and the all-important USMNT.
    What is telling about these stats, is that TFC ignored them, and took a major risk with that signing. MLSE teams do have a history of this, so nobody ought to be surprised. We were fortunate that he did score when healthy, but with team improving in all areas, you wonder when or how, mgmt plans to correct this (does anybody believe Altidore will be a DP quality forward in his career: threat to score, and does).

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2013-2015 at Sunderland where he scored one whole goal and was injured on and off. Doesn't matter about Sunderland's manager - you're telling me a $5M striker can't manage more than a goal. .
    I'm telling you their manager didn't rate him and specifically told his mids to shoot the ball from outside the box. It was ludicrous. Altidore is a ball to the feet forward and they were asked him to run in for rebounds like he was an NHL centre.

It would be like telling Bradley and Johnson to shoot the ball whenever they got close to the 18 - freaking nuts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    I'm telling you their manager didn't rate him and specifically told his mids to shoot the ball from outside the box. It was ludicrous. Altidore is a ball to the feet forward and they were asked him to run in for rebounds like he was an NHL centre.

It would be like telling Bradley and Johnson to shoot the ball whenever they got close to the 18 - freaking nuts.
    agreed, Sunderland was absolutely terrible those years, and not b/c of Jozy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 69Chevy396 View Post
    What is telling about these stats, is that TFC ignored them, and took a major risk with that signing. MLSE teams do have a history of this, so nobody ought to be surprised. We were fortunate that he did score when healthy, but with team improving in all areas, you wonder when or how, mgmt plans to correct this (does anybody believe Altidore will be a DP quality forward in his career: threat to score, and does).
    And what other options did they have besides keeping Defoe against his will?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post
    And what other options did they have besides keeping Defoe against his will?
    Letting Defoe go to QPR on a reduced sum, possibly a free transfer and not bringing in Jozy and pretending it was shrewd business?

But that's all in the past now. We'll go crazy analyzing all the "what ifs". All we can do now is hope he recovers and puts in a productive enough season that we want him to stay. Otherwise it's time to shop, but that's a conversation to be had this fall.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.celticquicknews.co.uk/i-n...lay-izaguirre/

Dunno how accurate this is, but seems Izaguirre has a yr left on his contract and has a 500k pound transfer fee asking price.

No way TFC is going to fork up that money
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    http://www.celticquicknews.co.uk/i-n...lay-izaguirre/

Dunno how accurate this is, but seems Izaguirre has a yr left on his contract and has a 500k pound transfer fee asking price.

No way TFC is going to fork up that money
    There is no way they should. I've watched nearly every Celtic game for the last 19 years (my childhood team) and he is vastly inferior to Morrow at this stage of his career and has regularly been the worst player on the pitch for Celtic for the better part of 3 years now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if that is the case...it would be another great Bez signing.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    if that is the case...it would be another great Bez signing.
    Agreed.

Beitashour, Moor, Perquis (most of the time), Johnson, Seba (arguably), Delgado, Endoh and Irwin are good arn't they?

Aaaasa....so glad we are past the days when we had a midfield of Dunfield and (insert hopeless case here).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

they are a 500 club...with the depth of a usl club.with a player playing out of his mind that will be gone for a month.we shall see?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

they are a 500 club...with the depth of a usl club.with a player playing out of his mind that will be gone for a month.we shall see?

Every club in MLS is essentially a 500 club.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by molenshtain View Post
    Every club in MLS is essentially a 500 club.
    thats true...but we have a 25 mil payroll...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So do the blue New York team and LA. They've both had their ups and downs this season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes...but they have few good players on the bench...what do we have?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My understanding is Gomez' cap hit comes off as of July 1st. So we can sign a forward then. IF there is a decent enough forward out there that teams are willing to part with, we have tradeable and replaceable players in Hagglund or Zaveletta or Williams.

Trades in MLS usually don't include a major player going for a major player. Its usually a player that is no longer wanted going for Garber $. That's why I think we are more likely to sign a non DP for the max cap hit + any allocation we get for trading one of our CD's.

So, anybody know a good soon to be free agent forward out there that isn't looking for DP wages?
    marcus haber
    ... all hail, CMNT
    Last edited by Onyx; 05-17-2016 at 07:39 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

where would this club be if seba wasn't here ....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

we should go after Adebayo "beastmode" Akinfenwa to fill in for jozy
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5U97kUxJyQ

hey Bez, i'm available to scout

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Speaking of CMNT. Where's Ricketts now? Wonder if TFC is still considering him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love that you just referenced the strongest man in soccer - Beastmode! He is a phenom for my AFC Wimbledon!