Page 48 of 69 FirstFirst ... 3844454647484950515258 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,440 of 2069
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    I've seen at least three different stories from people who talked to him in person, and the overwhelming opinion was that he was rude and arrogant. Maybe he needs to sit for a while and learn that he's not going to be gifted a career. Didn't he have five goals and eight assists that first full year (or something like that)? Maybe it was an outlier and he just doesn't have the vision to make the killer pass.
    5 goals, 1 assist. His 2nd year was 3 goals and 4 assists, last year 1 goal and 7 assists.

I don't know if I'm alone on this but I was perfectly happy with his development. He gradually moved into more of a build-up and playmaking role as the team got better (particularly started acquiring more offensive talent). But no question he's stalled this year so far.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KurtLarSUN View Post
    He's not rude or arrogant.
    Although he'd hoped to have a better season, I sat down with him in February. Lovely conversation.
    http://www.torontosun.com/2016/02/22...nymous-anymore
    I've ran into Osorio before. Came off as arrogant and made it feel like he didn't have a second to spare. Maybe it's cuz I'm just an every day guy, not a journalist.

I was convinced TFC would trade him last year, and I'm still certain hes high up on that list.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    5 goals, 1 assist. His 2nd year was 3 goals and 4 assists, last year 1 goal and 7 assists.

I don't know if I'm alone on this but I was perfectly happy with his development. He gradually moved into more of a build-up and playmaking role as the team got better (particularly started acquiring more offensive talent). But no question he's stalled this year so far.
    Considering MLS counts the second assist, I wouldn't rely on those statistics, other than the obvious drop off in goals.

Maybe it's just me, but I don't rate him at all. Wouldn't stutter for a second if he was traded.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    I've ran into Osorio before. Came off as arrogant and made it feel like he didn't have a second to spare. Maybe it's cuz I'm just an every day guy, not a journalist.

I was convinced TFC would trade him last year, and I'm still certain hes high up on that list.
    I can't explain why but I have always had that impression with him. I've never met him, it's just a gut feeling I have. I believe that if the right deal were to pop up,l he would be out of town in a flash.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pah.

I've heard and seen the opposite on that arrogance thing and believe any perception of this is a youth/culture thing.

But whether its true or not has no relevance to the question at hand.

Is he the right guy in the position he is being asked to do? As an AM - No. As an offensive minded shuttler- Yes.

IMHO, he has the potential to pivot his thinking and become a decent shuttler like DM al la Johnson with the ability to do late runs into the area. I've seen him on the pitch do a hard man tackle more then once. He takes his defensive responsibilities seriously. Needs to focus a bit more but his positioning this season has improved - its his touch around the box that is poor. He could turn into a right pest of a midfielder.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Pah.

I've heard and seen the opposite on that arrogance thing and believe any perception of this is a youth/culture thing.

But whether its true or not has no relevance to the question at hand.

Is he the right guy in the position he is being asked to do? As an AM - No. As an offensive minded shuttler- Yes.

IMHO, he has the potential to pivot his thinking and become a decent shuttler like DM al la Johnson with the ability to do late runs into the area. I've seen him on the pitch do a hard man tackle more then once. He takes his defensive responsibilities seriously. Needs to focus a bit more but his positioning this season has improved - its his touch around the box that is poor. He could turn into a right pest of a midfielder.
    great. kyle bekker project version 2. lol
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was listening to the Italian radio station this morning and there are reports of Roma offering 12 million to Toronto FC for Giovinco. Also, Milan is after him too.

Any thoughts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Galatasaray are supposedly preparing a bid for him too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dreaddogs View Post
    I was listening to the Italian radio station this morning and there are reports of Roma offering 12 million to Toronto FC for Giovinco. Also, Milan is after him too.

Any thoughts
    It's going to take alot more than 12 million for MLSE to consider it. I wonder if a team came in at like 36 million; then they might have to think about it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blindside16 View Post
    I can't explain why but I have always had that impression with him. I've never met him, it's just a gut feeling I have. I believe that if the right deal were to pop up,l he would be out of town in a flash.
    most people thought Ronaldo is rude and arrogant, but he rarely turns down a young fan.

cant judge a book by its cover

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    Galatasaray are supposedly preparing a bid for him too.
    all European soccer players are leaving turkey.... no one wants to be involved in an unstable political environment

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by C.Ronaldo View Post
    most people thought Ronaldo is rude and arrogant, but he rarely turns down a young fan.

cant judge a book by its cover

My impression is that Osorio is actually quite shy. Seems introverted, like he's in his head too much, probably why he hesitates so much.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kamp Berg View Post
    My impression is that Osorio is actually quite shy. Seems introverted, like he's in his head too much, probably why he hesitates so much.
    agreed, for most; sport is the place where you can turn off your brain, it seems he's lost that ability to turn it off on the field and just go on instinct

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dreaddogs View Post
    all European soccer players are leaving turkey.... no one wants to be involved in an unstable political environment
    That goes without saying but it isn't going to stop the Turkish clubs from trying.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    whoa whoa whoa, hes infinitely more effective than Bekker ever was on both ends of the pitch

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bekker has no touch, no instincts is afraid of passing forward and can't tackle worth beans.

Osorio as an AM has peaked below what is needed to play there in this league - if he's going to make a life as an MLS player he will have to adapt and the shuttler DM role is an option.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Osorio was the neighbour of the guy who has seasons beside me. By all accounts he's a really good guy. I wouldn't put any stock in those stories to the contrary.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Bekker has no touch, no instincts is afraid of passing forward and can't tackle worth beans.

Osorio as an AM has peaked below what is needed to play there in this league - if he's going to make a life as an MLS player he will have to adapt and the shuttler DM role is an option.
    that's what I meant by Bekker project v2... redeveloping himself as a DM to survive in MLS like Bekker did
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KurtLarSUN View Post
    One of the underlying themes here is Toronto FC expected to get more from Osorio this season.
    Floro saw this long before anyone else.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    Osorio was the neighbour of the guy who has seasons beside me. By all accounts he's a really good guy. I wouldn't put any stock in those stories to the contrary.
    From all of the accounts I have heard of meeting with him through youth soccer and at a bar every story has been positive. He also is one of the players who do a lot of the interviews with the media. I do not know where this negative view of him is coming from.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well if Floro thinks it I would do the opposite. He is a clown.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Well if Floro thinks it I would do the opposite. He is a clown.
    But he was right about this one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ruffian View Post
    From all of the accounts I have heard of meeting with him through youth soccer and at a bar every story has been positive. He also is one of the players who do a lot of the interviews with the media. I do not know where this negative view of him is coming from.
    It's just the usual rumours and groundless extrapolation of micro trends.

People thought Nick Garcia was Mo Johnston's mole based on the fact his performance on the field was bad and his teammates would supposedly hate him for that.

Reality was Garcia was well like and butted head with Johnston because he was the players union rep.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    This is the same guy who on occasion fields Kyle Bekker, by choice. I'm not sure he's making the right call.

Granted Osorio hasn't been the best but Canada is far from a stacked team.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    This is the same guy who on occasion fields Kyle Bekker, by choice. I'm not sure he's making the right call.
    Not defending Bekker but the Impact start him too so it's not just Floro. I think he's crap but others see things in him. I think only our managers see a lot in Osorio. Not sure he'd start anywhere else in MLS.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC/Everton View Post
    Floro saw this long before anyone else.
    It's why we were should invest time in getting Piette and bring back De Guzman. They're much better.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PopePouri View Post
    It's why we were should invest time in getting Piette and bring back De Guzman. They're much better.
    JDG is too old. He's done and we have enough at that position. More than what we need actually. Piette I have never rated at all. He looks like garbage but again, others see things in him and he's young so maybe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

JDG is too old. He's done and we have enough at that position. More than what we need actually. Piette I have never rated at all. He looks like garbage but again, others see things in him and he's young so maybe.
    Piette seems to have a poor opinion of MLS from previous comments. Maybe his mind has changed since then. I assume if he were to come back, he would more likely go to the Impact.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With equally leaden feet. Osorio's strength is his touch. The only value to playing him is offensive. I think Og is right about surviving by adapating, I just don't think he has the tools to do it. He either starts opening up defenses with passing and vision or he ends up a utility bench player, maybe not even that (given how most bench lifers in MLS can play multiple positions.)
    Last edited by jloome; 07-21-2016 at 11:17 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

how right can he be...Canada has only scored 1 goal in the last 7 games that count.