Page 58 of 69 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,740 of 2069
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    I'll choose Ives over most people on this board, except for the very few who I know genuinely have inside information. Some people on here are knowledgeable, but speculation that Bradley wouldn't be highly desirable to many teams is simply just not credible. Many Euro teams would totally ignore what has happened in MLS and just look at his Italian experience, and transfermkt while not perfect is a pretty good resource.

Many people here are so down on this team due to years of incompetence that they don't look at the team, coaches, and players through the typical "rose coloured glasses" that most fans have, but rather a pair of dirty "grey coloured glasses."
    You could of course doing this without someone else's glasses on, whatever the colour may be.

Personally, I am not interested in figuring out who to "listen to", but knock yourself out ..

I look at what MFs of Bradley's caliber make in world football, and go from there. His value has declined here, he is 2 years older, and has been poor for USMNT.

There is no transfer value in Bradley given his salary. Same as there was no transfer value in Defoe (although that got cleverly masked by taking back another overpaid player with no transfer value)
    Last edited by ensco; 08-05-2016 at 12:19 PM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post

There is no transfer value in Bradley given his salary.
    So you believe Ives was successfully deceived. That's your position, and you can believe it if you want to.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wanted to cover all my bases so I dug a little more on the guys from non-top 30 nations. Marcelinho is represented by the same large agency as Nicolas Lodeiro, Sebastian Blanco (who we were just linked to), Alvas Powell, Cristian Higuita, Fernando Aristeguieta and Camilo Sanvezzo. I know a lot of international scouting and transfers in MLS are done though agencies so I wanted to see if any of these players were represented by an agency with ties to MLS, this was the only one I could find (well Meha is also represented by them but taking another look at him, he seems more a winger than an AM). Marcelinho plays for Ludogorets, same team as Milan Borjan, and I think he might be out of a contract but I'm not sure.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by C.Ronaldo View Post
    great work, except thats just regular euro dance music. not techno

Techno 120-160 BPM
    Dance music 110 - 140 BPM
    Time to start a euro dance music thread?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    Wanted to cover all my bases so I dug a little more on the guys from non-top 30 nations. Marcelinho is represented by the same large agency as Nicolas Lodeiro, Sebastian Blanco (who we were just linked to), Alvas Powell, Cristian Higuita, Fernando Aristeguieta and Camilo Sanvezzo. I know a lot of international scouting and transfers in MLS are done though agencies so I wanted to see if any of these players were represented by an agency with ties to MLS, this was the only one I could find (well Meha is also represented by them but taking another look at him, he seems more a winger than an AM). Marcelinho plays for Ludogorets, same team as Milan Borjan, and I think he might be out of a contract but I'm not sure.
    He played for Ludogorets yesterday in a CL qualifying game. Assisted twice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    He played for Ludogorets yesterday in a CL qualifying game. Assisted twice.
    Yeah I saw that, so I guess he must be signed, I just can't find a source anywhere. Everything I found said his contract was due to expire at the end of June.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So you believe Ives was successfully deceived. That's your position, and you can believe it if you want to.
    Not necessarily so. We could be "offered" 5 mil but what are the conditions behind the number? Bradley's salary with the new club undoubtedly TBD. The existence of this sort of thing doesn't mean he clears the market at this price.

Nobody is saying we can pin down an exact figure but broad strokes: his current salary is 2-3 million euros more than players like marchisio, montolivo, and motta. To be frank, Bradley doesn't have their CVs. But let's say for the sake of discussion he still commands that type of money. That still means someone's got to make up the difference.

I doubt Bradley is going to walk away from all that money outright. He may see value in a move but TFC gets value too from moving out that salary. Logically the net amount TFC realizes from this fee has to come down and Bradley has to down his pay a little.

There is no outcome where TFC gets that fee and MB gets what he earns now. That's totally illogical.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Serie A salaries are reported as net figures not gross. So for the numbers for the players you listed you need to double (aprox).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ Fair. In that case we can reduce this to: does a guy who at last check was fighting for a starting spot in Roma's lineup earn as much as the other players listed?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Absolutely not and if Bradley wanted to return to Italy he'd probably know that too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agreed. He'd have to be willing to make some sort of compromise. Then again, I'd venture TFC would too.

I could be wrong, but with the guys we currently have running the ship i can't see much of a change in their opinion of Bradley. If anything was happening it would have to be driven by The board at MLSE.

So I think much of this is purely hypothetical.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're right in that it's a hypothetical. My hypothetical is that he forces a transfer back to Europe before the next World Cup and takes a pay cut to do so.

My rationale is that he's highly driven and will be pissed at his performance at the major tournaments for the US since 2014 and would feel like playing in Europe again would have him in peak form for Russia. He'll have banked 20 odd million from TFC so taking a pay cut won't be much of an issue for him especially as he could probably get another decent MLS deal post Russia.

That's just a gut feeling I have.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Not necessarily so. We could be "offered" 5 mil but what are the conditions behind the number? Bradley's salary with the new club undoubtedly TBD. The existence of this sort of thing doesn't mean he clears the market at this price.

Nobody is saying we can pin down an exact figure but broad strokes: his current salary is 2-3 million euros more than players like marchisio, montolivo, and motta. To be frank, Bradley doesn't have their CVs. But let's say for the sake of discussion he still commands that type of money. That still means someone's got to make up the difference.

I doubt Bradley is going to walk away from all that money outright. He may see value in a move but TFC gets value too from moving out that salary. Logically the net amount TFC realizes from this fee has to come down and Bradley has to down his pay a little.

There is no outcome where TFC gets that fee and MB gets what he earns now. That's totally illogical.
    All this is hypothetical with no basis in fact (except for the fact that TFC has to pay more than Euro clubs for the same player).
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All this is hypothetical with no basis in fact (except for the fact that TFC has to pay more than Euro clubs for the same player).
    Part of it is fact, part of is hypothetical. Anything that's completely off base, you have provided no evidence or reasoning to the contrary. The prior poster pointed out my salary figures were wrong, I conceded as much. To be clear: I'm not saying we're going to transfer him or that he's interested in a move.

His salary vs. those in series A is publicly observable. I would call that a hard fact. And my assessment of his exact perigee vs. the players listed might by my opinion but I'm sure there's be plenty of support in that regard.

Conversley an "offer" for 5 million reported in press is not really what your representing it as, which is proof we'd get that amount for him, no strings attached.
    Last edited by ag futbol; 08-05-2016 at 03:26 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Remember when we sold Maurice Edu for $5 million. That was a stroke of genius by Mo Johnsnon (wont say that much).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ruffian View Post
    Remember when we sold Maurice Edu for $5 million. That was a stroke of genius by Mo Johnsnon (wont say that much).
    Thought it was more like $1 Million?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IIRC the league paid most, if not all, of the incoming MB transfer fee. Part of the league wanting more US internationals playing here marketing initiatives. So if that is true, the league would get the transfer fee. And the league would be reversing the incoming trend of US intls returning to MLS.

I just cant see any business case for TFC to give up on MB. Everyone has a football opinion on MB. My positive opinion on his football is just a voice in the crowd.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red I View Post
    Thought it was more like $1 Million?
    I think we got around that much in garner bucks which we turned into the almighty Pablo Vitti.

The league took the a big chunk of what we received. Can't remember exact figures.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think we got around that much in garner bucks which we turned into the almighty Pablo Vitti.

The league took the a big chunk of what we received. Can't remember exact figures.
    I thought they bought grass with it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Edu transfer was $5M. League got 1/3, we got 2/3.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agreed. He'd have to be willing to make some sort of compromise. Then again, I'd venture TFC would too.

I could be wrong, but with the guys we currently have running the ship i can't see much of a change in their opinion of Bradley. If anything was happening it would have to be driven by The board at MLSE.

So I think much of this is purely hypothetical.
    MLSE hired a cost cutter to replace Tim L., a man with no relevant experience whatsoever EXCEPT cost cutting at Air Canada. It's likely they are thinking carefully about expenditures. In that context, thinking about selling Bradley is very possible, given the role he plays. I hope they don't, I love his intensity and skill, but they either have or are considering it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    MLSE hired a cost cutter to replace Tim L., a man with no relevant experience whatsoever EXCEPT cost cutting at Air Canada. It's likely they are thinking carefully about expenditures. In that context, thinking about selling Bradley is very possible, given the role he plays. I hope they don't, I love his intensity and skill, but they either have or are considering it.
    you could probably save more operationally; cheaper flights, outsource laundry, physio, joint marketing.

Thats most probably where the cuts or efficiency are being made. You don't sell your best cows if its making prize winning milk/cheese.
    Besides, Bradley would fall under the soccer president's long term budget

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They didn't bring in Bill Manning to then go and cut his knees out from under him. If Bradley leaves it would be because Bradley wants out and we would have budget to then to shopping.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pint View Post
    They didn't bring in Bill Manning to then go and cut his knees out from under him. If Bradley leaves it would be because Bradley wants out and we would have budget to then to shopping.
    exactly
    running a tight ship is not the same as running a cheap ship

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would find it really hard to believe that the Bradley who we saw on Saturday during and after the game wanted to leave. That interview oozed "fun now and we have work to do".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by C.Ronaldo View Post
    exactly
    running a tight ship is not the same as running a cheap ship
    If after another 10 years and repeated successful runs they don't see any growth then they may pull back but for now they are seeing a franchise that is selling 28+K per game with little to no marketing and who look poised to be contenders for a few years.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why is this even a debate? I thought we moved past the PTSD negativity...Bradley doesn't want to go anywhere and he's clearly one of our best players...noone's getting rid of him. They're not going to ship out Giovinco or Bradley, Jozy is debatable but unlikely to move either...if anything we'll probably get another DP if MLS allows for it later on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anything on that Attacking Mid that is Balkan? I'm assuming they are going to wait until the off season or is the talk still ongoing?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pint View Post
    If after another 10 years and repeated successful runs they don't see any growth then they may pull back but for now they are seeing a franchise that is selling 28+K per game with little to no marketing and who look poised to be contenders for a few years.
    I hope they keep Bradley and Altidore, and it's a delight watching the team right now, and watching the impact of their return. They are truly skilled and committed players. But they are both replaceable by slightly inferior players on far lower salaries. That has to have been discussed by the MLSE president and Manning. Without significant TV revenue their two salaries are a huge proportion of the team's income. 27,000 attendance per game would be about 500,000 people. Gross revenue is a guess but even if it's $100 per person, tix plus concessions, that's fifty million. Their combined salaries are twenty five percent of that Gross revenue - Before any expenses at all, travel, cost of running games, payments to the city, TFC II, Academy,etc etc.

someone else may have better figures and I don't think the timing would be this year, the club is doing too well and home playoff games would be a new source of revenue. But a numbers guy is going to be analyzing these figures, for sure.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    Without significant TV revenue their two salaries are a huge proportion of the team's income. 27,000 attendance per game would be about 500,000 people. Gross revenue is a guess but even if it's $100 per person, tix plus concessions, that's fifty million. Their combined salaries are twenty five percent of that Gross revenue - Before any expenses at all, travel, cost of running games, payments to the city, TFC II, Academy,etc etc.
    Have to add in all the advertising revenue outside game day as well as all the tie ins and ads on game day. Also the luxury seats and boxes too. Be interesting to see what KIA pays towards the academy to keep their name on it.