Page 32 of 69 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334353642 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Fully expect Perquis gone as soon as the window opens, or shortly after. And I'll be amazed if TFC does sign a quality striker, I suspect the Ricketts and Edwards will be the only attacking moves.
    The left attacking position has been a struggle. Osorio has slotted in but hes not much of a winger. Lovitz also started a few but he doesnt offer anything offensively. Edwards fits perfectly its a no brainer.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't care how Bez does it, but he has to get a quality AM playmaker to service Giovinco and Altidore. Even if it means selling one of Bradley or Altidore to get a DP spot and cap space. This offence doesn't run well without a playmaker
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    There's really no explanation at this point. I expect him gone pretty soon.
    I'd be really disappointed to see Perquis go. Him and Moor are by far the best defensive pairing we have right now. I don't understand why this club keeps chopping and changing things when for the first time in ages we look to have a settle partnership. Okay, they are not world beaters, but Perquis and Moor is the best defensive partnership we've had in ages

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by General Woolfe View Post
    I'd be really disappointed to see Perquis go. Him and Moor are by far the best defensive pairing we have right now. I don't understand why this club keeps chopping and changing things when for the first time in ages we look to have a settle partnership. Okay, they are not world beaters, but Perquis and Moor is the best defensive partnership we've had in ages
    This.....they better have somebody really good lined up, or else this would be another huge gamble.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    I don't care how Bez does it, but he has to get a quality AM playmaker to service Giovinco and Altidore. Even if it means selling one of Bradley or Altidore to get a DP spot and cap space. This offence doesn't run well without a playmaker
    TFC ain't selling Bradley, and nobody is coming for Jozy. Not at his price tag.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Couldn't seba be that AM? Hamilton and new guy can be strikers until jozy is back. Edwards can take the wing because im 100% sold on him. Osario gets the bench. Babouli and endoh on thr right depending on the game

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by C.Ronaldo View Post
    Couldn't seba be that AM? Hamilton and new guy can be strikers until jozy is back. Edwards can take the wing because im 100% sold on him. Osario gets the bench. Babouli and endoh on thr right depending on the game
    This would be fun to watch though we tend to be better with consistent formations.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Molinaro reports both MB and WJ out for six weeks. Kill me please.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's so TFC.

Both of them(Altidore) oughta retire from international duty or get the fuck out.

Its honestly been a never ending cycle of injury, international duty, injury, then injury at international duty.

For fuck sake man, give me a break.
    Last edited by Richard; 07-01-2016 at 10:37 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by C.Ronaldo View Post
    I like that thought. Hopefully Lovitz is back soon enough and maybe they consider giving one of our USL stars a bump up.

Might suggest getting in the market asap for an established MLS midfielder. I'll say it again: letting Warner go in the offseason was stupid.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    I like that thought. Hopefully Lovitz is back soon enough and maybe they consider giving one of our USL stars a bump up.

Might suggest getting in the market asap for an established MLS midfielder. I'll say it again: letting Warner go in the offseason was stupid.
    Vanney wants defense out of his "AM" and TFC were well covered at CM with plenty of holes elsewhere.

At least we got a trophy out of WJs injury. Bradley didnt even want to play that third place game.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Our American DPs are an absolute disaster. Always injured or playing for the us. MLSE must be pissed having these guys on such huge contracts but never really getting their worth.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bobo View Post
    Vanney wants defense out of his "AM" and TFC were well covered at CM with plenty of holes elsewhere.

At least we got a trophy out of WJs injury. Bradley didnt even want to play that third place game.
    Yeah I agree, tracking back is not Seba's forte. But Warner wasn't just a CM - he did admirably in the RM spot, although he is not really the shuttler we use often in the form of guys like Delgado, Osorio, and Endoh.

I just think we need a tweak. It feels too much like a one man show with Seba up top right now. We need a more well balanced attack and some more dependable players who can put the ball in the net.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Phew, problem solved!

Special announcement: ‪‎TFC‬ signs Murphy Malone
    http://www.torontofc.ca/post/2016/07...e-day-contract

Nice thing to do thoughl

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol what a disaster this is, I could almost live without Bradley for six weeks but at least with Will Johnson in there this team had a bit of a chance but now without Will Johnson too oh my! Not looking good by the time these guys are all back in more or less September this team should be out of a playoff spot, never mind a home playoff game lol, another lost season, there is always next year lol!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    That's so TFC.

Both of them(Altidore) oughta retire from international duty or get the fuck out.

Its honestly been a never ending cycle of injury, international duty, injury, then injury at international duty.

For fuck sake man, give me a break.
    Keep in mind Bradley and Altidore were Lieweike and/or MLSE board signings . And I'm not sure if they're in the mood of retiring from international duty at the moment .

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree that the Jozy signing has been a disaster. Injury, call up, injury, play 5 games, injury, call up... Over and over. For a guy that's supposedly so important to the style and the way we attack, he is the wrong guy to be relied on.
    As for Bradley, this is his first(?) major injury... But again, he always misses at least a quarter of the season with call ups. He also doesn't make that much of an impact on the field. What's our record with and without Bradley? Can't be all that different.
    Neither of those guys should be DPs - bad business from TL.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    I agree that the Jozy signing has been a disaster. Injury, call up, injury, play 5 games, injury, call up... Over and over. For a guy that's supposedly so important to the style and the way we attack, he is the wrong guy to be relied on.
    As for Bradley, this is his first(?) major injury... But again, he always misses at least a quarter of the season with call ups. He also doesn't make that much of an impact on the field. What's our record with and without Bradley? Can't be all that different.
    Neither of those guys should be DPs - bad business from TL.
    Has there been any sort of injury update on Jozy? This Saturday would make 7 weeks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by morgank1986 View Post
    Has there been any sort of injury update on Jozy? This Saturday would make 7 weeks.
    I think it was 6-8 weeks, but yeah its been awhile.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by morgank1986 View Post
    According to Davidson, Altidore starts training next week.

I'm thinking he travels for the CBus and San Jose games, and gets some minutes in. Starts the DCU game.

Based on the schedule, Irwin back for the Houston game August 13th with Johnson and Bradley back for the Union game on the 20th of August.

If you are counting, that's about 1/4 of the season out for all 3, 8-9 games, mostly due to how loaded the summer schedule is.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Robson-Kanu is a free agent, except as of about 2 hours ago his value probably increased ten fold lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We should make a play for Grabavoy who's more suited to the diamond than the 4-2-3-1. Think we can get him on the cheap.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1-2 loan deals needed. Would still be looking for a back up striker. Giving Edwards a run on the team will be interesting looked a real bright spark. The holding midfield role is the problem right now. I wonder if any of the centrebacks can move into that role?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i did read some where that simonin played a bit of DM in college

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hamilton_Red View Post
    1-2 loan deals needed. Would still be looking for a back up striker. Giving Edwards a run on the team will be interesting looked a real bright spark. The holding midfield role is the problem right now. I wonder if any of the centrebacks can move into that role?
    http://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2016/0...wheel-and-deal
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow - wee have 9 games in the next 6 weeks... as much as I hope the youngsters take their chance any reasonable person would say that we are well and truly effed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I honestly think the priority now has to shift from getting a forward to getting either an experienced winger or box-to-box/attacking mid this summer.

Altidore is is coming back shortly.

Hamilton has shown well (3 goals, 6 games?).

We can make do upfront but if our mid collapses we're done, if we get an AM who can play on the wing as well and can make it to the playoffs healthy, dare I say it, I think we can contend.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I never ever want to see any more US player being a DP at TFC.
    No matter if former, actual or hopeful US national team component!

Not in fucking more 200 years!
    This is the most epic stupid thing to do, in our Mickey Mouse league, which does not care about the international schedule in it's scheduling.

Plus anyways all US national team players are over-valued, but just here in North America, which means even if a US DP would never ever lose TFC playing time because of national team duty, we'll be always grossly overpaying them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anto7 View Post
    Robson-Kanu is a free agent, except as of about 2 hours ago his value probably increased ten fold lol
    You must be joking... He will be bombarded with offers from Europe... we would have to overpay twice any offer he has from there.
    And then he wouldn't worth it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    I honestly think the priority now has to shift from getting a forward to getting either an experienced winger or box-to-box/attacking mid this summer.

Altidore is is coming back shortly.

Hamilton has shown well (3 goals, 6 games?).

We can make do upfront but if our mid collapses we're done, if we get an AM who can play on the wing as well and can make it to the playoffs healthy, dare I say it, I think we can contend.
    Agreed, an AM who can stretch wide makes a lot of sense.