Page 55 of 69 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,650 of 2069
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Brazilian attacking midfielder Rafael Longuine declines Toronto FC offer. Seems TFC wanted him on loan with Santos paying majority of his salary. Then TFC would have option to buy at end of MLS season and sign him to long term contract. Rafael Longuine decided to stay at Santos after speaking with manager. Convinced him to stay. Even though he's not playing a lot at Santos. Kind of player TFC are after.

Portuguese: http://espn.uol.com.br/post/617151_m...-do-toronto-fc

English translation: https://translate.google.ca/translat...fc&prev=search

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very interesting, if true.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good that they are attempting that type of deal (if true)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nevermind, misread the wiki.
    Last edited by Richard; 07-28-2016 at 03:59 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by moralis View Post
    Brazilian attacking midfielder Rafael Longuine declines Toronto FC offer. Seems TFC wanted him on loan with Santos paying majority of his salary. Then TFC would have option to buy at end of MLS season and sign him to long term contract. Rafael Longuine decided to stay at Santos after speaking with manager. Convinced him to stay. Even though he's not playing a lot at Santos. Kind of player TFC are after.

Portuguese: http://espn.uol.com.br/post/617151_m...-do-toronto-fc

English translation: https://translate.google.ca/translat...fc&prev=search
    This type of news is extremely encouraging

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm a little surprised they're looking at Brazil after striking out on Gilberto. I guess I assumed they'd go to Argentina, or somewhere else in SA. Based solely on his stats, I'm not too disappointed we didn't land him... but I like the age and the fact we seem to be trying a loan (less risk overall).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    my goodness....3 TFC players make what an average NHL player makes (okay maybe a bit more) and they sell 30, 000 seats a game in a sport that is growing, and a team that boasts the highest number of seasons ticket holders in Toronto. I can tell you the CEO of MLSE is not one bit concerned about those 3 players salaries. He is concerned about hemorrhaging money with stadiums and other assets. The teams are allocated their operational budgets and are autonomous from the CEO in that regard - That's why the Raps, Leafs and TFC have focused presidential types running their respective brands.

If TFC moved Bradley, Seba or Altidore, the money goes in the MLS and it the remainder has to stay within the TFC silo. When the rest of the team is capped at 3 million, its peanuts guys and it makes no sense to move them until either a) the player wants out or b) the contract expires.
    do bradley and altidore have any value, i think it would be free transfer and you might have eat some salary.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Onyx View Post
    do bradley and altidore have any value, i think it would be free transfer and you might have eat some salary.
    That's extremely cynical

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Michael Bradley alone currently worth 3 million Euros, down by half but still quite valuable.

http://www.transfermarkt.com/michael.../spieler/30593

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Michael Bradley alone currently worth 3 million Euros, down by half but still quite valuable.

http://www.transfermarkt.com/michael.../spieler/30593
    no way. not with his current contract / salary expectations.

The guys that have recently been sold out of MLS for that much were making sweet fuck all by european standards and would not have have high salary expectations (again by european standards) but too expensive for an MLS club which is limited by cap + allocation $.
    Last edited by Onyx; 07-29-2016 at 01:08 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unlikely. If one of them was given a free transfer it'd likely be so the new club could afford the salary costs. TFC wouldn't eat salary, it's a transfer not a trade.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    Unlikely. If one of them was given a free transfer it'd likely be so the new club could afford the salary costs. TFC wouldn't eat salary, it's a transfer not a trade.
    i was thinking a loan-type of deal in that case where we would have to eat salary. should have clarified in my first post.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wee bit off topic but kind of indirect reference to Bradley. His dad is odds on in bookies to get Hull City job in PL. I sincerely hope he doesn't take it, that club is an absolute train wreck, heading into the Pl with only 13 registered players first team players, and no sign of any names coming in.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by burlington Red View Post
    wee bit off topic but kind of indirect reference to Bradley. His dad is odds on in bookies to get Hull City job in PL. I sincerely hope he doesn't take it, that club is an absolute train wreck, heading into the Pl with only 13 registered players first team players, and no sign of any names coming in.
    Totally agree. It is going to be an absolute shitshow. He's been laying a careful career building path to a top assignment, this could undo everything.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Detroit_TFC View Post
    Totally agree. It is going to be an absolute shitshow. He's been laying a careful career building path to a top assignment, this could undo everything.
    I'd take the opposite view. He doesn't do well and then he's got a get out of jail free card "Bruce walked out, the squad and ownership situation was a shambles". He does well then he's a freaking genius.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd take the opposite view. He doesn't do well and then he's got a get out of jail free card "Bruce walked out, the squad and ownership situation was a shambles". He does well then he's a freaking genius.
    I'd normally agree with that assertion but not in this case. Your argument is correct eg in regards to Eddie Howe last season. Took an unfancied team up, kept same squad, no big name additions, played an easy on the eye passing game and stayed up. But he like smaller teams such as Swansea who punch above their weight have good structure. Hull is a mess, 13 players, 2 of which are keepers, league starts in 2 weeks. This isn't a job for a first timer pl manager, this is crying out for some battle hardened relegation scrapper whose been there and done that like Allerdyce, but I think he's busy these days. History shows managers who walk out just before the season starts doesn't turn out well. Pulis couple of yrs ago did it at Palace and they tanked, only a late in season managerial chance saved them from relegation. ONeilla few yrs back at Villa did and they never really recovered, and they both left full squads

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought about that. The situation there probably would buy him some grace time but only so much. If Allem then fires him or the fans get so surly that he has to go, not sure he gets a second chance regardless of circumstances unless he comes up with a promoted team. I wonder if it would just be better to go that route in the first place.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I completely get where the two of you are coming from. However, Bradley has managed Egypt during a national crisis with their domestic league shut down and Staebek were no great shakes when he arrived there.

I think his experience, man management and organizational skills make Hull a perfect opportunity for him. He'd go in and instill an us against them attitude and make them tough to play against. I think Bradley is perfect for what Hull need right now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Blanco now linked with SKC. Someones agent is pushing hard for an MLS deal...

https://translate.google.ca/translat...-text=&act=url

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Atleast they have a DP slot they can work with.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Or the league really really wants him

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I completely get where the two of you are coming from. However, Bradley has managed Egypt during a national crisis with their domestic league shut down and Staebek were no great shakes when he arrived there.

I think his experience, man management and organizational skills make Hull a perfect opportunity for him. He'd go in and instill an us against them attitude and make them tough to play against. I think Bradley is perfect for what Hull need right now.
    I suppose whether Bob Bradley takes Hull job or not depends on whether he thinks he'll get a better chance in the near future. An EPL job doesn't come very often for an American coach, he'd be the first IIRC. At least with Hull job, he'll have that on his resume for his next job interview. Even if Hull turns out to be a dumpster fire, as long as he can show that he did his best under the situation, with rest of his resume, he might get a shot at another top league job.
    I'd take the Hull job if I was Bradley. He doesn't have much to lose I think.
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    I suppose whether Bob Bradley takes Hull job or not depends on whether he thinks he'll get a better chance in the near future. An EPL job doesn't come very often for an American coach, he'd be the first IIRC. At least with Hull job, he'll have that on his resume for his next job interview. Even if Hull turns out to be a dumpster fire, as long as he can show that he did his best under the situation, with rest of his resume, he might get a shot at another top league job.
    not this job.
    I appreciate his desire to get a top job, but I'd urge him to either hold out or drop down and learn his craft in the championship.UK football is different to anything he has faced. Also British press is still anti american in regards to football, they'd take huge delight in his failings at Hull.
    He has 11 outfield players 2 weeks before start of pl. Utd are spending 100 million quid on one player......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Latest from Larson: http://www.torontosun.com/2016/07/31...-every-weekend

"Do TFC bring in a player this window or wait until the offseason?"

Larson: Don’t quote me, but it’s looking more and more like the offseason. General manager Tim Bezbatchenko told me last week he thought a trade within the league looked most likely. Vanney followed that up by saying that a trade within the league might be too costly as opposing teams are only interested in taking TFC’s young players, who TFC management like. I'm not ruling anything out just yet.
    and yeah, I just quoted him

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wonder who the two that were sold...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    The EPL's biases involving Americans are longstanding and only have really started to shift in the last decade. I highly doubt he would turn this down if they offered it. You just don't get many chances. Plus, in Chicago, in Egypt and in Norway, he had three teams expected to lose that he turned into winners in short order. That's the sort of thing you need at a struggling pro club.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Add France to that list - that team came within a crossbar of promotion when needing a 6-1 win.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From Ives...

The Toronto FC star and U.S. national team captain was the subject of a $5 million transfer offer that the MLS club rejected, a source confirmed to Goal USA.
    http://www.goal.com/en-ca/news/4175/...medium=twitter

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting thing about Bradley.

TFC has been doing relatively well without him. What happens if that changes when he returns?