Page 62 of 69 FirstFirst ... 1252585960616263646566 ... LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,860 of 2069
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The only thing bad about the Cooper signing is his name. It would be more of an appeal if is his name was say... "Ramirez", "Diablo" "Castillo" ... Cooper in my view, is just really boring name and I think of a typical MLS player name from 10 years ago of some dude who just joined the league because he could :laugh:

but seriously, if he has versatility and can play the wing and be dangerous, great pick up. Look forward to seeing what he can do.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Defoe View Post
    The only thing bad about the Cooper signing is his name. It would be more of an appeal if is his name was say... "Ramirez", "Diablo" "Castillo" ... Cooper in my view, is just really boring name and I think of a typical MLS player name from 10 years ago of some dude who just joined the league because he could :laugh:
    To be honest, that's the first hing I thought of too lol. A more Spanish name would be a bigger hit with casuals

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    To be honest, that's the first hing I thought of too lol. A more Spanish name would be a bigger hit with casuals
    Maybe we could convince him to do the Jordi Cryuff thing and have 'Armando' on his shirt.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Discostu81 View Post
    Maybe we could convince him to do the Jordi Cryuff thing and have 'Armando' on his shirt.

Either that or we nick name him Coopertinho and make him wear that jersey... lol

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Or we pretend he just goes by one name like may South Americans, just put Armando on the shirt.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Before we got Altidore and Govinco what other DP options where we looking at ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Valdal View Post
    Before we got Altidore and Govinco what other DP options where we looking at ?
    By all acounts, Mati Fernandez was the back up for the Giovinco signing. Altidore came under a very certain set of circumstances, I;m quite honeslty not sure how how this team would look if we didn't get to through very specific channels we went through to get him. I think if we sold Defoe and Didn't sign Altodre, our roster would look quite different.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seba out for 4 weeks - abductor and quad strains

Chapman for 3 weeks with MCL tear

Morgan 6-8 with metatarsal surgery

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post

Chapman for 3 weeks with MCL tear

Morgan 6-8 with metatarsal surgery

Gio and Chap misses 2/3 games
    Cooper steps in, Jham steps up, Babs on the bench.

We'll be okay. Thats a tough blow for Morgan though, his depth is handy towards playoffs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wouldn't be surprised to see Morgan go unprotected in the expansion draft or released at the end of year. He has been injured off and on for two years now.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised to see Morgan go unprotected in the expansion draft or released at the end of year. He has been injured off and on for two years now.
    I hope he is not released. He is Mr TFC.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah its crazy. I really want him to come back to form.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, we are going to see what Cooper has to offer. Good opportunity for Osorio, Babouli, and Lovitz to step up as well.

Injury bug has hit this team hard lately.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cooper in theory should get some match time with Panama. Hopefully up to speed by Chicago.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    He needs to go. He is a reminder of the old TFC - keep a layer cos he has heart, even if he has no skill.
    He was never a good MLS level player. He was below average at best. For someone with as much experience he has, he should be a starter by now. He's not even a reliable depth player.

I appreciate his effort, but I'd rather have someone with skill at the position.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bradley is apparently suspended for the first World Cup qualifier for the US due to card accumulation. That is good news that he will not play in both games.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by C.Ronaldo View Post
    Gio and Chap misses 2/3 games
    Cooper steps in, Jham steps up, Babs on the bench.

We'll be okay. Thats a tough blow for Morgan though, his depth is handy towards playoffs
    This is JHams time to prove himself. Step in a show everyone what he did earlier in the season wasn't just a freshman fluke.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ruffian View Post
    Bradley is apparently suspended for the first World Cup qualifier for the US due to card accumulation. That is good news that he will not play in both games.
    He's also one yellow away from suspension in MLS as well. If he was planning on joining the US team anyways for the trip, I wonder if he can conveniently work out a yellow somewhere to clear the docket on the MLS side as well.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pdogg View Post
    He's also one yellow away from suspension in MLS as well. If he was planning on joining the US team anyways for the trip, I wonder if he can conveniently work out a yellow somewhere to clear the docket on the MLS side as well.
    I'm pretty sure he was trying to get one after Mad Man Malace went all Habs hip check on Beitashour. He was being restrained by a couple of players after.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post
    He needs to go. He is a reminder of the old TFC - keep a layer cos he has heart, even if he has no skill.
    He was never a good MLS level player. He was below average at best. For someone with as much experience he has, he should be a starter by now. He's not even a reliable depth player.

I appreciate his effort, but I'd rather have someone with skill at the position.
    Morgan may not be an elite MLS fullback, but he's certainly MLS average. He's a backup to Morrow, who does have "skill at the position" and is an elite MLS fullback.

This feels like such an uncalled for dig at a backup fullback, and this is regardless of his association with the city/club.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pdogg View Post
    Toronto FC doesn't play again until September 10.

Are you suggesting he serve a yellow card accumulation suspension while he is away with the national team?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    That could be a promising season gone right there. With games against NYRB and the Union in that space of time, we could end up in fourth place, losing the bye round and home field for the playoffs. That would have made all the difference in the world to us.

I just hope the rest of the squad can step up to the plate and prove me wrong, that we are not a one-man team

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    Morgan may not be an elite MLS fullback, but he's certainly MLS average. He's a backup to Morrow, who does have "skill at the position" and is an elite MLS fullback.

This feels like such an uncalled for dig at a backup fullback, and this is regardless of his association with the city/club.
    agreed. morgan is stability and wants to be here.

i think he is excellent as a backup

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post

It's not a dig - It's my honest assessment of his play.
    Morgan isn't MLS average - MLS average players are starters or semi regular bench players. He's neither of those things. He's a liability both staying at home and going forward. He's got sloppy ball movement and sloppy defensive ability.

Sure he's fast - but that's about all he's got.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by General Woolfe View Post
    That could be a promising season gone right there. With games against NYRB and the Union in that space of time, we could end up in fourth place, losing the bye round and home field for the playoffs. That would have made all the difference in the world to us.

I just hope the rest of the squad can step up to the plate and prove me wrong, that we are not a one-man team
    I thought the season was over when we lost johnson, bradley, altidore and irwin. The others filled in very well. Win or lose we should not ever be going into a game thinking we are inferior because our star is gone. The identity of a contending team is defined by how they deal with adversity. Remember the nyrb game late last year. Gomez came in and scored a decisive goal. I would be more proud of this team if we can kuckled down and be more creative while gio rehabs. The silver lining is that seba will be rested before the playoffs. Last year in the critical last two games he was very ineffective.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Morgan isn't MLS average - MLS average players are starters or semi regular bench players. He's neither of those things. He's a liability both staying at home and going forward. He's got sloppy ball movement and sloppy defensive ability.

He's improved vastly on the defensive end the last few times I've seen him play. He's also a significantly better crosser than Morrow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by molenshtain View Post
    He's improved vastly on the defensive end the last few times I've seen him play. He's also a significantly better crosser than Morrow.
    This.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

strongly disagree. Go watch the tape of the Montreal CCL game and he was excellent. In our win over Montreal, not this weekends loss. Morrow hasn't been much this year, but Morgan has been surprisingly effective when he has played, and has looked decent playing wing back too.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm actually quite optimistic of seeing TFC play without Seba and with Cooper in the mix. Teams won't know what to expect (for a couple games) and then Seba is back.

Just at like NYRB game last year, where TFC started with 0 DPs on the field and dominated NY.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm also looking forward to getting Irwin back and helping marshal that back line. There are goals being scored based on defensive positioning and I'm sure having a veteran communicating keeper back there would have helped with some of that. I like Bono but when it comes to making sure guys in the back are aware, there is nothing like the experience of a good keeper for that.

Bendik doesn't do that which is why he's in Orlando making saves as against here winning games.