Page 51 of 69 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,530 of 2069
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

People trust MLS Transfers? As Mighty DM said, this is Bradley's team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^This is the Seba show. The team is primarily structured around him.

Bradley is the leader and is a big part of the club through marketing efforts and his performance in midfield is unmatched by anyone else. But the way we are built factors in that he's often not here.

I would not say this is his "team". That's overstating the case. We would not have to rethink our roster if he left. If that was Seba on the other hand, it would bring up all sorts of questions.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I imagine Bill Manning is counting down each day until he can get these huge salaries off the books but I doubt he would (or can, even) force a move. Until their contracts expire, any moves will be totally up to the players.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Love Bradley but there's been a clear regression since his first half-season. His excessive salary doesnt bother me but TFC continue to need players with defined roles. I wouldn't be against him leaving IF Bez can find someone useful that can be relied on consistently.

That being said, I don't know if I trust Bez with those kinds of decisions anymore so it might be best to continue his blind search of complementary pieces.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bobo View Post
    Love Bradley but there's been a clear regression since his first half-season. His excessive salary doesnt bother me but TFC continue to need players with defined roles. I wouldn't be against him leaving IF Bez can find someone useful that can be relied on consistently.
    I don't think it's very clear at all. I think popular opinion would overwhelmingly say he's gotten better each season with us. He's certainly been fantastic this year at DM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Big reason why Seba isn't scoring is Bradley missing. We miss Bradley's passing.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    Big reason why Seba isn't scoring is Bradley missing. We miss Bradley's passing.

This...... Seba's lack of scoring lately is twofold. A credible attacking option to draw some defensive pressure away and someone to pass him the ball like Bradley did last year, and to a smaller degree this year as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oso not making bench v DC.. Potential trade/transfer looming?

Edit: nevermind he's ill

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    Oso not making bench v DC.. Potential trade/transfer looming?

Edit: nevermind he's ill
    With the way he has played I'm sure I would want to be ill too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Throwing a name out here after looking through Western Conference rosters: What about Teibert? He's played only 7 games this season and started only 5 of those. I know he's been pushed deeper into midfield, but I remember his best moments being him playing higher up the pitch in 2013 with a smaller forward (Camilo) and a hold-up sort of one (Miller), which sounds strikingly familiar to our set up, only difference being he'd need to be underneath the forward rather than on the wing.
    Last edited by portu; 07-24-2016 at 11:42 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Throwing a name out here after looking through Western Conference rosters: What about Teibert? He's played only 7 games this season and started only 5 of those. I know he's been pushed deeper into midfield, but I remember his best moments being him playing higher up the pitch in 2013.
    he's a HGP so counts $0 vs cap with vwfc,
    full ride for everyone else ... and at his salary massively overpaid for a mls bench player. i think he makes $175ish and most backup midefielders would be $60-$100k. basically untradable.
    Last edited by Onyx; 07-24-2016 at 11:52 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Onyx View Post
    he's a HGP so counts $0 vs cap with vwfc,
    full ride for everyone else ... and at his salary massively overpaid for a mls bench player. i think he makes $175ish and most backup midefielders would be $60-$100k. basically untradable.
    Well he's getting hardly any playing time, no cap hit is great but pretty useless if you're not going to make use of the player.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Throwing a name out here after looking through Western Conference rosters: What about Teibert? He's played only 7 games this season and started only 5 of those. I know he's been pushed deeper into midfield, but I remember his best moments being him playing higher up the pitch in 2013 with a smaller forward (Camilo) and a hold-up sort of one (Miller), which sounds strikingly familiar to our set up, only difference being he'd need to be underneath the forward rather than on the wing.
    He's basically an Osorio with better crossing, work rate and slight better defensive positioning. Bc he's not reliable enough offensively, he'd been used as a DM for caps.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Need to pay him more. He likes where he is and feels the 'Couver rivalry with Toronto.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Osorio>Teibert imho

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think they are going outside the league, which likely means a veteran who can adapt quickly. We have 2 open international slots. Somebody from France again, or maybe Italy. The road through England seems to have halted, unless its a US or Canadian. We are only 8th on the Allocation list so its not going to be a USMNT.

If I hear the words Zusi or Diskerud, I'm going to be pissed - neither creates anything nor are they all that good at the through ball. We need somebody who can work hard at the top of a diamond and get passes through to runners and strikers.

In my mind Bedoya would be perfect for this role but he'd require a bucket load of TAM and I think the Fire are going to try to get him in the off season and throw a lot of cash his way. Yes, I know, USMNT. And he lights it up for his team in France. That's what you want to look for - a 29 year old with experience overseas who can pass the ball and thinks offensively.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mistercorporate View Post
    Osorio>Teibert imho
    Different players. Tiebert is like a low-rent Will Johnson. Big motor, does a lot of things defensively but is more box-to-box than DM. Occasional brain fart attack wise but he knows that's not his forte and only chips in limitedly in that regard. Osorio has more attacking / less defensive qualities by comparison.

I would not be opposed to finding another outright DM. I just don't think Tiebert is that guy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    I think they are going outside the league, which likely means a veteran who can adapt quickly. We have 2 open international slots. Somebody from France again, or maybe Italy. The road through England seems to have halted, unless its a US or Canadian. We are only 8th on the Allocation list so its not going to be a USMNT.

If I hear the words Zusi or Diskerud, I'm going to be pissed - neither creates anything nor are they all that good at the through ball. We need somebody who can work hard at the top of a diamond and get passes through to runners and strikers.

In my mind Bedoya would be perfect for this role but he'd require a bucket load of TAM and I think the Fire are going to try to get him in the off season and throw a lot of cash his way. Yes, I know, USMNT. And he lights it up for his team in France. That's what you want to look for - a 29 year old with experience overseas who can pass the ball and thinks offensively.
    On the total futbol show this morning Kurt said that its most likely we get someone who's sitting on the bench in the Western Conference via trade

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jose Villarreal sorta fits that bill.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

why bother with another bench type player,we have enough of them already.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    Jose Villarreal sorta fits that bill.
    Was thinking that too. Don't think LA will let go of him even though hasn't had much minutes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    why bother with another bench type player,we have enough of them already.
    Agreed. It's not like this is a deep league in terms of attacking talent at the AM spot. The guy we acquire just becomes a backup eventually or is a step below optimal.

Wait for the off season if you have to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Press in Montreal reporting Venegas is on his way out, could fit the bill.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Press in Montreal reporting Venegas is on his way out, could fit the bill.
    hes more a winger no?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    He has been passing well this season, just not finishing. I completely disagree with the negativity about him. Yes, he's taking two touches to shoot when he should take one, but if you go back and look he has played well when played centrally, very involved and some nifty passes. He isn't as effective when played wide. I think Vanney said he was doing that because he was better defensively than Endoh, but to me it weakens the team and certainly Osorio. This thread is being very hard on a talented Toronto kid who works hard in the games and has great touch. What he has lacked are goals, and it's not impossible that he knows he is under pressure to score and that's why he is always taking two touches around the box. The games where he has played AM or at least centrally, he has made a real difference.
    Couldn't agree more.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Could Christian Maidana be the Western player they are referring too? Isn't starting every game and I'm sure Houston is at the point of trying to build up assets for next season. He's only on $230K too so doesn't seem out of reach.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He needs to improve his consistency aswell, but i rate him above endoh. He just needs some bench games to get the fire back

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stress View Post
    Could Christian Maidana be the Western player they are referring too? Isn't starting every game and I'm sure Houston is at the point of trying to build up assets for next season. He's only on $230K too so doesn't seem out of reach.
    I'm not sure if he'd be a fit for the AM/tip of the diamond. Bit too slow and ponderous.

A lot of his strengths (passing) we have in Bradley and Cheyrou.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Totera is saying he has heard we are pursuing Blanco from San Lorenzo - 28 year old attacking mid from Argentina

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No chance. San Lorenzo want $3m for him. Seattle have been linked with him recently and were quoted $3m.

Maybe in the offseason but no way TFC can do that type of move now.