Page 50 of 69 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,500 of 2069
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Everybody but Seba was saying that he was an AM when he came here. He was asked what his best position is in his first interview - he said striker. He was a striker from game one of the friendlies. The Vancouver game he was playing recessed in a 4-4-1-1.

Slagging Vanney for saying this at the time is kinda silly.
    I think the blame for that is squarely on Bez. I don't know how many times he said that Seba "checked off the boxes for a DP AM" but it seemed to fool everyone who hadn't seen enough of him. Did well to recruit him, even though it was essentially an accident.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PopePouri View Post
    There's a couple players like that E.g. Totti, Dempsey, David Villa that skirt the line between forward and attacking mid. I believe Brendan Rogers described them as 9 and a halves.
    yep I remember Arrigo Sacchi using the 9 1/2 to describe Baggio way back in the mid 90's.....and I think it describes Seba very well also.

Quote Originally Posted by T-boy View Post
    Some players don't necessarily know their best roles.

I'm probably in the minority - but I think Seba is best at AM and running at defenders from deep. He's not a poacher and he don't hold the ball up particularly well - but he's class with the ball at his feet running at players. When I think of the goals Seba has scored, his best have been running from outside the box with a TFC player in front of him. He's deadly from range. Lately Seba has played an isolated striker role and it doesn't work for him IMO. He needs to play next to a big man, or running from deep, and never alone as the sole striker, that isn't his strength.
    great post here.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IDK if this is the right thread but do we think using seba at the tip of the diamond with Jozy and Hamilton/Ricketts would work? or starting seba out wide on the left in a 433 type formation?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pekduck View Post
    I kept on thinking (hoping) Vanney/Fraser can drill some purpose into his game play. Reason he's not effective to me is the lack of a determined objective to accomplish. Giovinco/Bradley can dictate tempo and read the game and influence its direction because they instantly know (football IQ) at any given moment, where open space is and runners position to make a play. Osorio receives with his good touch, then have no idea or not making up his mind on where the ball should be played to. He then back passes, or hold on to it too long, or elects less effective options with passing or penetration. Occasional technical brilliance here and there but cannot dictate play as AM.

Maybe just me though.. some rigid tactical drill may help.
    I question whether he's been designated any specific role whatsoever. It would appear to me Endoh / Osorio / Delgado / whoever are just treated like plug and play options. They move all over the midfield depending on who else is available.

And really, discussing Osorio's progress (or the lack of it lately) is fine but I hope Managment isn't volunteering that as an excuse for this season.

Wouldn't even make my top 5 in terms of things to fix. Getting a new AM absolutely, but nobody should have been hanging their hat on Osorio's play this season.
    Last edited by ag futbol; 07-21-2016 at 03:36 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope Bez is reading this. Found our next AMF/Winger. Great all around player, currently tearing it up in the Europa League so probably one for the off season. Best part is he's only 22. Maybe we should try that young DP thing.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Based on the videos from training today, TFC had cap space back in late May to sign Ricketts and would have done so. His agent contacted teams back in March.

The team should have more cap space to do something but whether its enough to get what it needs is another matter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From the interview it seamed like Bez has the flexibility to make a move but he will only be making 1 move and they have to decide what direction to go in and if the right play is available now or not.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC Tifoso View Post
    yep I remember Arrigo Sacchi using the 9 1/2 to describe Baggio way back in the mid 90's.....and I think it describes Seba very well also.

great post here.....
    Seba is never in a million years a sole striker player. He's not a target man in the slightest. 9 1/2 is a good description - but really he could be our attacking midfielder.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hamilton_Red View Post
    Seba is never in a million years a sole striker player. He's not a target man in the slightest. 9 1/2 is a good description - but really he could be our attacking midfielder.
    Last season he continuously turned shit in to chocolate, being alone up front. We were spoiled. This year feels more like the TFC we know.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by boozilla View Post
    Last season he continuously turned shit in to chocolate, being alone up front. We were spoiled. This year feels more like the TFC we know.
    still feels better than the TFC i know, infinitely better, even when we are down theres a chance we can win a game, we score goals, we have clean sheets, we can and will make the play offs. The TFC i knew never did any of these things.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ossington Mental Youth View Post
    still feels better than the TFC i know, infinitely better, even when we are down theres a chance we can win a game, we score goals, we have clean sheets, we can and will make the play offs. The TFC i knew never did any of these things.
    Most important improvement I've seen us make.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Me reading Bez's latest interview in the form of Patrick Bateman gifs

We need an attacking midfielder who’s going to chip in four or five goals and four or five assists

The guy you can get with our budget space is maybe more of a project. If you go to Argentina, those players take time to adjust to MLS.

But I also want someone who can help in CONCACAF Champions League

We’re looking at some options in Europe and some options in South America

but I wouldn’t say we’ve settled on anything and I wouldn’t guarantee anything yet

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So Perquis has landed at Notts Forest of all places.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post

This might be the best thing I've seen on this forum

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Too funny!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good job, you managed to overshadow the interesting news about Perquis with a collection of carefully placed hilarious gifs.

Bit of an odd choice for Perquis from my vantage point. Maybe he's hoping that everything can come together this season so that he can have a late crack at the EPL.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bobo View Post
    Good job, you managed to overshadow the interesting news about Perquis with a collection of carefully placed hilarious gifs.

Bit of an odd choice for Perquis from my vantage point. Maybe he's hoping that everything can come together this season so that he can have a late crack at the EPL.
    Yesterdays news vs former TFC news. gifs really shouldn't be any more convincing than the dialogue here. It didn't change my feeling on Bez.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Came into this thread to see/hear discussion about potential TFC transfer targets...

The discussion is so off topic I'm surprised you guys haven't brought up the Argos yet.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CBTFC View Post
    ....The discussion is so off topic I'm surprised you guys haven't brought up the Argos yet.
    Seen them play a couple of times on the TV - nobody worth the cap hit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DiMarzio is reporting that Torino are interested in Bradley

https://twitter.com/DiMarzio/status/...800982528?s=09

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As a reminder, TFC II first got Spencer on loan from Molde FK in Norway last year, but he got a long-term injury and never played for us. At the end of his loan we acquired his MLS rights from Real Salt Lake in exchange for TAM. I don't think he ever actually returned to Norway after his loan with us ended (maybe his deal was up at the same time and he's been without a contract this whole time). Based on his twitter page he's been in Toronto with TFC II for a while now. So it appears as though he's finally about to get back to full fitness and TFC II is ready to sign him.

He's a 6'5" 21 year old target striker, 12 caps in total at youth U.S. levels.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does that guy do nothing but spread transfer rumours online? I know he is also posting about West Ham transfers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KurtLarSUN View Post
    One of the underlying themes here is Toronto FC expected to get more from Osorio this season.
    Then they should be playing him more centrally. Why is Endoh central and Osorio wide? It's the opposite of where they should be played.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MLS Transfers says: "I've got an official "no comment" on Michael Bradley leaving TFC."

I feel a little sick I really don't want to lose him and I wouldn't believe that the FO would willingly sell a key component mid-season, so the only explanation I can really think of for MB leaving is he wants to go. After everything he's said about being committed to our club I feel sort of betrayed if he does want to leave.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dreaddogs View Post
    all European soccer players are leaving turkey.... no one wants to be involved in an unstable political environment
    then why are they coming to the USA?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    With equally leaden feet. Osorio's strength is his touch. The only value to playing him is offensive. I think Og is right about surviving by adapating, I just don't think he has the tools to do it. He either starts opening up defenses with passing and vision or he ends up a utility bench player, maybe not even that (given how most bench lifers in MLS can play multiple positions.)
    He has been passing well this season, just not finishing. I completely disagree with the negativity about him. Yes, he's taking two touches to shoot when he should take one, but if you go back and look he has played well when played centrally, very involved and some nifty passes. He isn't as effective when played wide. I think Vanney said he was doing that because he was better defensively than Endoh, but to me it weakens the team and certainly Osorio. This thread is being very hard on a talented Toronto kid who works hard in the games and has great touch. What he has lacked are goals, and it's not impossible that he knows he is under pressure to score and that's why he is always taking two touches around the box. The games where he has played AM or at least centrally, he has made a real difference.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    MLS Transfers says: "I've got an official "no comment" on Michael Bradley leaving TFC."

I feel a little sick I really don't want to lose him and I wouldn't believe that the FO would willingly sell a key component mid-season, so the only explanation I can really think of for MB leaving is he wants to go. After everything he's said about being committed to our club I feel sort of betrayed if he does want to leave.
    id be really surprised. This is Bradley's team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    After everything he's said about being committed to our club I feel sort of betrayed if he does want to leave.
    Well thus is life. I would not read too far into public statements from pro athletes. When is the last time you heard someone say "well I wasn't crazy about the city but that's okay, I like the pay packet. When the season is over I will just fly somewhere else that I actually enjoy."

I think Bradley is a pro - the guy clearly works his ass off and takes the game seriously. But who's to say what's going on behind the scenes? He could be very content here but getting heat from Family / USMNT / sponsors to go elsewhere. He might feel he wants a different challenge or misses the higher level of play in Europe. Or it could just be a team putting in an offer and there's absolutely nothing happening on his end? Who knows.

I wouldn't begrudge the guy if he left. He's worked his ass off and it's not his fault MLS schedules are so conflicting.

Sometimes it feels like his skills require a more well a rounded team around him to be maximized. I'm still not sure what his best role is for a MLS team. Food for thought.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Players will come and go that is futbol life,i still think he is overpaid for what he brings,but i doubt he leaves.maybe in jan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bradley is overrated and overpaid. We could make far better use of a DP slot in my opinion.

He has a great work ethic, but considering his tangible impact on the field and the amount of games he has missed for our club, I wouldn't be disappointed if he left.