Page 41 of 69 FirstFirst ... 3137383940414243444551 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,230 of 2069
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    Wait - How many SOB's does YOUR dream team have?

Both above players are wants at a price of value, not needs. But how do we miss out on Edgar and DeJong by a day??

Sigh.
    Don't think De Jong would have been a need either, Edgar is the one that stings.

A player that versatile is always needed in MLS, especially with CCL next season.

At least our CMNT guys know what it's like to go into small Caribbean countries and play in cow pastures.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mandi-CM
    Xisco-CF
    sergey krivets-Cam/lw/rw
    jose Mari-CM
    emiliano alfano-ss
    *Rui pedro-Cam/ss

All these players are supposedly out of contract for whatever reason, and I believe they have the pedigree and play style to be able to give us a boost for a fair price.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I liked Perquis, but I agree that the cap space could be better utilized given the imbalance of our squad.

I expect management to acquire a forward with a greater pedigree than Ricketts now...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ricketts would not play forward. He has played wing or possibly pushed back into defence as he has played with his clubs teams and with CanMNT. He will not compete for space with Hamilton and Babouli. Also he will in no way be signed fro 400K. He has played in leagues where he was not getting paid anywhere near that and he probably does not have teams chasing him. He would bring a player that can play wide right and bring speed to give TFC flexibility in their roster to allow a wide formation if needed with Lovitz as a wide right player. He will not come in as a player who can change the team. I also doubt he would be brought in if it affects the team signing other possible players. There probably is no-one else on the radar if he comes in.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh god if we sign Haber then we're right fucked. I don't even see him as NASL, didn't he fail in league two in England?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MartinUtd View Post
    Oh god if we sign Haber then we're right fucked. I don't even see him as NASL, didn't he fail in league two in England?
    I agree completely. I know they play different roles but Haber makes Ricketts look like a superstar in comparison.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Both above players are wants at a price of value, not needs. But how do we miss out on Edgar and DeJong by a day??

Sigh.
    With what we have now I don't see why we would need to add to the defense. If the cap was a lot higher then sure but as it is I'd rather see us grab some more attacking weapons and maybe some cheap depth.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's the 1/2 the cap hit question though: is he actually off the books or did we just Luke Moore this one too with the hopes he finds a new club?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd say we have enough cheap depth tbh.

I'd like TFC to go after a dynamic, creative CAM. Preferably from Latin America. However, I doubt that happens.

Bez is always banging on about looking at players for future windows so hopefully there might be some guys available that they looked at on their trip to South America* in winter 14/15.

*The trip where they looked at Techera at put him on their discovery list.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Here's the 1/2 the cap hit question though: is he actually off the books or did we just Luke Moore this one too with the hopes he finds a new club?
    "Mutually Terminated" generally means there's no buyout/payoff. Nobody seems to have a definitive answer to if he his salary is completely off the budget but Wheeler seems to think it is and he's pretty close with the FO.

Pity Larson is on vay-cay this week, he'd probably have gotten an answer out of the FO.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2 starters including one on the back line and 2 somewhere in the B team. For years after Dichio retired we got kicked around. Last year early in the season NYCFC kicked Seba on our field - Cheyrou was injured so we had no hard man to stand up to them with a warning shot. With Johnson or Cheyrou in the lineup, that doesn't happen. With Perquis, it didn't happen all that much either.

Its allways good to have a SOB willing to do that back there. I love Moor and he really is a smiling assassin but he's not going to do the spectacular take out just on the edge of a yellow card stuff that is unfortunately necessary in this league with a lot of slower hacks. Nor will Zaveletta or Haglund or Williams. I can live without it but right now if both Cheyrou and Johnson are out, look for teams to kick the shit out of Seba.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kantari - Bought out (cap relief)

Gomez and Moore - Waived (very little if any cap Relief)

Perquis - Mutually agreed to part ways (? sounds more like we would get the cap space but who knows with MLS)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pint View Post
    Don't think De Jong would have been a need either, Edgar is the one that stings.

A player that versatile is always needed in MLS, especially with CCL next season.

At least our CMNT guys know what it's like to go into small Caribbean countries and play in cow pastures.
    They are also pretty good at loosing in those cow pastures.
    Being on the CMNT holds absolutely no weight IMO

Ricketts is a rent-a-player. He'll be gone before next season.

Curious - who was the last player we signed in the July transfer window that was of any long term value?

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Weren't we all complaining last week that Gilberto and Chicago mutually agreed to part ways....and asked why it never happens to us?

I assume it comes off the books, or has some way of enacting a secret clause in a never seen MLS rule book somewhere that Manning knows about. That or he has video of the refs taking bribes. lol
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

Twitter: @RPBPhil

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post
    They are also pretty good at loosing in those cow pastures.
    Being on the CMNT holds absolutely no weight IMO

Ricketts is a rent-a-player. He'll be gone before next season.

Curious - who was the last player we signed in the July transfer window that was of any long term value?
    Wouldn't that be the same as 90% of all our transfers ever? We are adding depth players not trying to fill a glaring hole this year as opposed to previous years. Getting Edwards onto a Sr team deal is probably the only long term move we will make right now but adding some depth for 6 or 18 months is important.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Didn't we get Koevermans in the July window?

On another note, long term on this team, until lately, tends to have been 1.5 seasons - we have spun through players waaay too fast.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    2 starters including one on the back line and 2 somewhere in the B team. For years after Dichio retired we got kicked around. Last year early in the season NYCFC kicked Seba on our field - Cheyrou was injured so we had no hard man to stand up to them with a warning shot. With Johnson or Cheyrou in the lineup, that doesn't happen. With Perquis, it didn't happen all that much either.

Its allways good to have a SOB willing to do that back there. I love Moor and he really is a smiling assassin but he's not going to do the spectacular take out just on the edge of a yellow card stuff that is unfortunately necessary in this league with a lot of slower hacks. Nor will Zaveletta or Haglund or Williams. I can live without it but right now if both Cheyrou and Johnson are out, look for teams to kick the shit out of Seba.
    this is why I like having Jackson on the team.....he was another "hard man".....

On another note, long term on this team, until lately, tends to have been 1.5 seasons - we have spun through players waaay too fast.
    Yes Koevs came in July.....Frings too I believe....I still remember hearing on 680 News that TFC had signed Koev and "German player Torsten F. Rings" lol......

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd still prefer us do trades than gamble on some low rung European or a questionable South American guy who may not pan out. We may be able take on some unwanted veteran salary.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

and Frings...

I'm all for giving players some time to see if they pan out, but Perquis takes up too much cap hit vs giving time to Zavaleta (who looks like he's going to pan out), Hagglund, Simonin, etc.
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think they may go after JH now,but he may be too pricey.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    and Frings...

I'm all for giving players some time to see if they pan out, but Perquis takes up too much cap hit vs giving time to Zavaleta (who looks like he's going to pan out), Hagglund, Simonin, etc.
    Lots of young CBs with good upside here. Would be hard to see every one of them not pan out. Plus we have needs now and hopefully Bez has something in the pipes that's not low level CMNT related.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    i think they may go after JH now,but he may be too pricey.
    Maybe TAM?

Well he is better than Ricketts. And Haber.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Prof View Post
    This is a bad move. Perquis is the leader in the back that is needed in playoffs. Something happened between him and Vanney.
    Of course someone sees the need to bring up the 'Something must have happened between player and management theory' sheesh,

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did Perquis have an extra year on his contract, or was it ending this year?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Maybe TAM?

Well he is better than Ricketts. And Haber.
    How does Hoilett fit Vanney's formation? I thought Vanney prefers 4-4-2 diamond. Unless going back to flat 4-4-2 or 4-3-3 to fit Hoilett? Which brings up the question of how do you fit the other players into the formation.

Signing a good player just because he is available is never the right move IMO. You sign players that fits your plan otherwise we're keep going to have crazy roster turnovers and not get any closer to MLS Cup.
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC Tifoso View Post
    this is why I like having Jackson on the team.....he was another "hard man".....
    Jackson wasn't a hardman, he was a headcase. Slapping a player and getting a red card is not a hard man, a hard man makes unemotional calculated moves to punish the other player without getting ejected like some out of control primadonna.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    How does Hoilett fit Vanney's formation? I thought Vanney prefers 4-4-2 diamond. Unless going back to flat 4-4-2 or 4-3-3 to fit Hoilett? Which brings up the question of how do you fit the other players into the formation.

Signing a good player just because he is available is never the right move IMO. You sign players that fits your plan otherwise we're keep going to have crazy roster turnovers and not get any closer to MLS Cup.
    My understanding, and i could be wrong, is that Vanney prefers the 4-3-3 but due to lack of semi-quality wingers we're sticking with the 4-4-2 diamond as it makes the most of our existing roster.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is Hoilett an option? I heard he wanted to get back into the Prem. Wouldn't his salary be too high for us to sign him?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mistercorporate View Post
    My understanding, and i could be wrong, is that Vanney prefers the 4-3-3 but due to lack of semi-quality wingers we're sticking with the 4-4-2 diamond as it makes the most of our existing roster.
    He's sticking with a 4-4-2 because that's the only way to get Seba on the pitch. Even if you move Seba out to the left, he's not going to cover the overlapping fullback. That means the midfield will have shift which makes it still a 4-4-2. It also leaves no space for another second striker/winger like Hoilett.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mistercorporate View Post
    I think this is what he said earlier in the season. You're right.