View Poll Results: How many hamstring injuries for Jozy?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • 2

    14 34.15%
  • 3

    17 41.46%
  • 4

    8 19.51%
  • 5+

    2 4.88%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 42
  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    112
    Posts
    2,839
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default How many hamstring injury's for Altidore

    We already got the first out of the way, feel like 3 is a lock but you never know.

  2. #2
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    3,073
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    This is great supporting.
    Last edited by molenshtain; 02-29-2016 at 07:44 PM.

  3. #3
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Section 112 and Cardinal, Ontario...Yeah, Baby!
    Posts
    2,043
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Klinsmann will make sure
    That Jozy Altidore
    Will Only Play
    For the USA

    (to the same tune as we used for Jozy Altidore, you know he's gonna score...)
    O, Maple Leaf around the world, You speak as you rise high above,
    Of courage, peace and quiet strength, Of the Canada that I love.
    Remind us all, our union bound by ties we cannot sever,
    Bright flag revered on every ground, The Maple Leaf forever

  4. #4
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    4,660
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    He is good for another 3 more, 1 during a hot summer game, 1 during international play, and 1 during cooler temps in Sept.

    So now that we have jinxed is sufficiently enough he wont get another the whole year.

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    sec 107
    Posts
    491
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Huyton View Post
    Klinsmann will make sure
    That Jozy Altidore
    Will Only Play
    For the USA

    (to the same tune as we used for Jozy Altidore, you know he's gonna score...)


    agree

  6. #6
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    4,770
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    this is going to be his last season at the club

  7. #7
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    3,073
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    this is going to be his last season at the club
    No, it's not. He'll be ok. we'll be ok. everyone is going to be ok.

    he's unlikely to go to New York as a precaution. Let's see how fit and how in form he is during the season before we start making such massively hyperbolic statements.

  8. #8
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    116
    Posts
    22,064
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Thankfully, our season is not dependent upon Altidore's hamstring.

    If the defence with support from the midfield does its job, the offence we have will be fine.

  9. #9
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    226
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Man some of ya'll are the most negative/pessimistic soccer fans I've ever encountered... and I also support Spurs so that's saying a lot.

  10. #10
    RPB Member
    Past President

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Dichio Country
    Posts
    12,251
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Apostrophes are for possession, not pluralization.
    Toronto FC baby...best team everrrrrrrrrr -Jozy

  11. #11
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    4,770
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by molenshtain View Post
    No, it's not. He'll be ok. we'll be ok. everyone is going to be ok.

    he's unlikely to go to New York as a precaution. Let's see how fit and how in form he is during the season before we start making such massively hyperbolic statements.
    lol this is just more of my highly negative prediction

  12. #12
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,440
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I'll just leave this little thing right here.......................

    http://www.newyorkredbulls.com/post/...-gonzalo-veron

  13. #13
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    116
    Posts
    22,064
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    And then there is this tweet




    Impact should be WAY more worried.

  14. #14
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    112
    Posts
    2,839
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by molenshtain View Post
    This is great supporting.
    Quote Originally Posted by bimmer View Post
    Man some of ya'll are the most negative/pessimistic soccer fans I've ever encountered... and I also support Spurs so that's saying a lot.
    You guys must be fun at parties. Have a laugh, it won't kill you.

  15. #15
    RPB Member
    Moderator

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Centre of My Bloody Universe.
    Posts
    19,075
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    For future emoji consideration. I'll ask the matrix...

    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

  16. #16
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    3,073
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ryan View Post
    You guys must be fun at parties. Have a laugh, it won't kill you.
    yeah let's have a laugh about taking bets on the likelihood of someone being unable to work due to injury. Fucking hilarious. You know the players read this board, right?

  17. #17
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    226
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ryan View Post
    You guys must be fun at parties. Have a laugh, it won't kill you.
    Great condescension bro! Seriously, fuck me for not finding humour in a bad "joke" that only fuels the flames on the growing level of dislike/hate for one of our more controversial (but still one of the most important) players. I have no problem laughing about our players but at least make it funny if you're trying to be facetious.

  18. #18
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    112
    Posts
    2,839
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by molenshtain View Post
    yeah let's have a laugh about taking bets on the likelihood of someone being unable to work due to injury. Fucking hilarious. You know the players read this board, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by bimmer View Post
    Great condescension bro! Seriously, fuck me for not finding humour in a bad "joke" that only fuels the flames on the growing level of dislike/hate for one of our more controversial (but still one of the most important) players. I have no problem laughing about our players but at least make it funny if you're trying to be facetious.

    I can't even take you both seriously.

  19. #19
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    226
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ryan View Post
    I can't even take you both seriously.
    Doubling down on the condescension I see.

  20. #20
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    112
    Posts
    2,839
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bimmer View Post
    Doubling down on the condescension I see.
    I think it's relevant conversation considering he has about 3 a season and we don't have any forwards behind him. Tried to have some fun with the idea of talking about it.

    I'm so sorry my humor doesn't meet your standards and is therefore forbidden.

  21. #21
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    226
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ryan View Post
    I think it's relevant conversation considering he has about 3 a season and we don't have any forwards behind him. Tried to have some fun with the idea of talking about it.

    I'm so sorry my humor doesn't meet your standards and is therefore forbidden.
    Lol where did I say you were forbidden to post this? Stop projecting your own views on me dude. I found this to be a non-humourous and needlessly negative/pessimistic post so I voiced my opinion on it. That could have been the end of it but YOU were the one who came back with the "you must be fun at parties/have a laugh/I can't even take you seriously" posts, why? Because you were upset that a couple of people on a message board didn't really find your "joke" all that funny? Please.

  22. #22
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    112
    Posts
    2,839
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Lets stay on topic please.

  23. #23
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    226
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ryan View Post
    Lets stay on topic please.
    Lol, thanks for the negative rep dude. Not petty at all of you. Alright, let's get back to talking about how many injuries our star player will have this season.

  24. #24
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    112
    Posts
    2,839
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bimmer View Post
    Lol, thanks for the negative rep dude. Not petty at all of you. Alright, let's get back to talking about how many injuries our star player will have this season.
    5/208 posts all in my one little thread. Must be a record for you? Glad I could help get you more engaged here.

    MISSION FUCKING ACCOMPLISHED!

  25. #25
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    226
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ryan View Post
    5/208 posts all in my one little thread. Must be a record for you? Glad I could help get you more engaged here.

    MISSION FUCKING ACCOMPLISHED!
    Ah, there's that classic ryan condescension again.

  26. #26
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    112
    Posts
    2,839
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bimmer View Post
    Ah, there's that classic ryan condescension again.
    You totally get me, I'mma blush.

  27. #27
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    4,770
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    lol i love how quickly this thread has gone to shit

  28. #28
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    112
    Posts
    2,839
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    lol i love how quickly this thread has gone to shit
    It didn't have to be this way. It's also still getting votes. YES!

  29. #29
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Ottawa
    Posts
    3,241
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    You'd probably get more votes if you included "1" as an option. I believe this kind of poll is called confirmation bias.

  30. #30
    RPB Member
    Moderator

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Centre of My Bloody Universe.
    Posts
    19,075
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Let's get past the difference in humour/opinion and let the thread go where it's no doubt gonna go.

    I say none. The injury is a fake out to get NYRB into a false sense of security and bam! Sunday a freight train will be coming through their backfield to toe tap in several goals.

    Or wait...ryan, you did leave this thread title open to wording such as how many injuries HAS Jozy had his entire career(?) Is this a trivia thread?
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •