View Poll Results: What will be the final point tally for TFC in 2016?

Voters
115. You may not vote on this poll
  • 64 or more Points: Supporter's Shield winners!!

8 6.96%
  • 60 to 63 Points: Conference Champions!

6 5.22%
  • 56 to 59 Points: Elite Team

31 26.96%
  • 52 to 55 Points: Solid Playoff Team

47 40.87%
  • 48 to 51 Points: On the Playoff Bubble

19 16.52%
  • 43 to 47 Points: On the Outside looking in

1 0.87%
  • 37 to 42 Points: Lower Table Team

0 0%
  • 31 to 36 Points: Cellar Dwellers

0 0%
  • 30 or less Points: "We're the worst team in the world."

3 2.61%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

• Onyx and zeelaw, you voted for "worst team in the world". Really!? I'm usually pretty pessimistic but even I don't think they're as bad as 2012.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm going to go with an optimistic fifty-seven points and a shot at the East Division, but maybe just short.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    I'm going to go with an optimistic fifty-seven points and a shot at the East Division, but maybe just short.
    This is around where I'm guessing.

Vanney is the giant wild card for me. I think our defense is improved, and I think our offense should obviously be a threat. The question will be how Vanney copes when we lose guys to injury or int'l duty, and how he can adapt tactically. He needs to grow as a coach this season.

Aside from him, I think everything we did this winter was generally wise, which is rare indeed.
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shakes McQueen View Post
    This is around where I'm guessing.

Vanney is the giant wild card for me. I think our defense is improved, and I think our offense should obviously be a threat. The question will be how Vanney copes when we lose guys to injury or int'l duty, and how he can adapt tactically. He needs to grow as a coach this season.

Aside from him, I think everything we did this winter was generally wise, which is rare indeed.
    Agreed on Vanney. For me, even after a full season with him, I can't decide whether he's better than he seems, worse than he seems or bang on average. Our offense was pretty great last year but that could have just been Seba's individual brilliance. Our defence was absolute crap but that could just be due to the injuries and the useless personnel we had. He talks sensibly and in the occasions where he does talk about tactics he sounds like he knows what he's talking about... but who knows. It's going to be a make or break kind of year for him I think.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm thinking they should pull in at 53 points. Anything more is bonus in my books. We need our back 4 to stay as healthy as possible. If we start the revolving door routine again it will be tough to secure points. I don't know if Seba will put up the same point totals but he will lead the team again. His skill level is to high for defenses to contain him all year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who will win MLS Cup?

GRANT WAHL: Toronto FC. MLS’s most underachieving team will finally turn it around in 2016, mainly because it finally has some guys who can defend. Clint Irwin in goal and Drew Moor in the central defense should help bring some stability to a group that has been overly attack-heavy with the formidable Sebastian Giovinco, Jozy Altidore and Michael Bradley. I think Toronto will win the Supporters' Shield as well—such is the advantage of playing in the weaker MLS East—which means the MLS Cup final will take place in a chilly Toronto in December.

-SI

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CanadaLFC View Post
    Who will win MLS Cup?

GRANT WAHL: Toronto FC. MLS’s most underachieving team will finally turn it around in 2016, mainly because it finally has some guys who can defend. Clint Irwin in goal and Drew Moor in the central defense should help bring some stability to a group that has been overly attack-heavy with the formidable Sebastian Giovinco, Jozy Altidore and Michael Bradley. I think Toronto will win the Supporters' Shield as well—such is the advantage of playing in the weaker MLS East—which means the MLS Cup final will take place in a chilly Toronto in December.

-SI
    FUCK!

Seriously, though, I would echo Shakes' & jloome's comments; desperately want Vanney to succeed, as he seems like he has all the tools (nice enough guy, to boot)… but, one too many head-scratchers, over the course of the season, to be sure.

Voted "56–59 points: Elite Team," btw, and we've usually faired a tier bellow my prediction (read: we'll be in with a shout, for the big prize). =)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JuliquE View Post
    FUCK!

Seriously, though, I would echo Shakes' & jloome's comments; desperately want Vanney to succeed, as he seems like he has all the tools (nice enough guy, to boot)… but, one too many head-scratchers, over the course of the season, to be sure.

Voted "56–59 points: Elite Team," btw, and we've usually faired a tier bellow my prediction (read: we'll be in with a shout, for the big prize). =)
    a lot of parity in league year this year, supporters shield might be won by a team with with only 59pts and 10-11 losses.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I tried to model the Points range based on where the different MLS teams placed from 2012 thru 2015 and the number of points they ended up with at the end of the season. 64 points seems to be the magic number to guarantee a Supporter's Shield. There were some years where the second-best team had over 60 points and didn't win the SS but only one year where 59 points won the Shield.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On a side note BET365 has TFC at 20/1 to win the MLS Cup...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

53 points

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It all depends on how many points they get in their first 8 road games, if Bradley finally steps up, will Perquis improve from his lackluster year last season. Benoit Cheyrou needs to improve from last season too, he was ok last season but nothing special. How will injuries effect this team along with international call ups. Do they have enough on the bench to take over when called upon. Greg Vanney has to be a better coach then last season he needs to show us he is capable to make a real difference at this level. Will the new players they brought in really make a difference? Finally above all they have to be one of the better teams defensively in the MLS to really make a difference from last season, they can't be one of the worse teams in keeping the ball out of the net they just can't! That's my take on this team for this season let's see what happens.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay, we're a fifth of the way through the season and at the current pace, TFC will end the season at about 53 points. Not bad considering they haven't play a home game yet. If anyone hasn't voted yet, the poll closes on Wednesday.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fun thought for Monday, April 25, 2016: TFC currently has 47.8 percent of it's 2012 total points.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Halfway point lap time check:

At this rate, TFC will end up with 46 points for the season. If that's the case, this will be the first year of this poll they seriously underachieve the average expectations.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Initial B View Post

At this rate, TFC will end up with 46 points for the season. If that's the case, this will be the first year of this poll they seriously underachieve the average expectations.
    IIRC isn't 49pts the magic number to get in playoffs every year. .... although there are a ton of crappy middle of the pack teams this year

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blindside16 View Post
    I'm thinking they should pull in at 53 points. Anything more is bonus in my books. We need our back 4 to stay as healthy as possible. If we start the revolving door routine again it will be tough to secure points. I don't know if Seba will put up the same point totals but he will lead the team again. His skill level is to high for defenses to contain him all year.
    just scrolling back through this thread. Pretty prescient post. Well done!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    just scrolling back through this thread. Pretty prescient post. Well done!
    Thank you. I was trying to be as objective as I could when I wrote that. Nothing would have made me happier then to be able to write that we are going all the way, but I would only be fooling myself. We have a strong team IF we are healthy. I never thought the injury bug was going to be this bad though. We just need to stay in contention until everyone is healthy then watch out. As great as Hamilton and Mo have been, getting Altidore back in the line up will spark Seba. It will force the other teams back line to shift coverage away from him. Mark my words he will make a run for the golden boot yet. If we can do what I believe we are capable of, we will finish third and finally host a playoff game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blindside16 View Post
    Thank you. I was trying to be as objective as I could when I wrote that. Nothing would have made me happier then to be able to write that we are going all the way, but I would only be fooling myself. We have a strong team IF we are healthy. I never thought the injury bug was going to be this bad though. We just need to stay in contention until everyone is healthy then watch out. As great as Hamilton and Mo have been, getting Altidore back in the line up will spark Seba. It will force the other teams back line to shift coverage away from him. Mark my words he will make a run for the golden boot yet. If we can do what I believe we are capable of, we will finish third and finally host a playoff game.
    Lets hope. I have tickets for that game. or will. whatever.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Initial B View Post

Well we got those 46 points now, still another 18 to play for

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So, other than the 3 guys who voted that we would get 30pts or less, everyone else could still be right with their predictions. Although we would need to get 6 wins out of 6 for the 64pt votes to win

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay, last quarter of the season and they're on track to end up with 55 points or as many as 64. I'm starting to think that 59 points is a distinct possibility.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stevep View Post
    53 points
    man am i good or what

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stevep View Post
    53 points
    we should win next week, man am i good, i posted this in march this year

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

40% of voters voted 52 to 55 points for the season!

In second place with 27% of the vote was 56 to 59 points which is where we should be at in my opinion considering the horrible underachieving results of the last five games.

Well done folks, looks like we know what we're talking about!