View Poll Results: What will be the final point tally for TFC in 2016?

Voters
115. You may not vote on this poll
  • 64 or more Points: Supporter's Shield winners!!

8 6.96%
  • 60 to 63 Points: Conference Champions!

6 5.22%
  • 56 to 59 Points: Elite Team

31 26.96%
  • 52 to 55 Points: Solid Playoff Team

47 40.87%
  • 48 to 51 Points: On the Playoff Bubble

19 16.52%
  • 43 to 47 Points: On the Outside looking in

1 0.87%
  • 37 to 42 Points: Lower Table Team

0 0%
  • 31 to 36 Points: Cellar Dwellers

0 0%
  • 30 or less Points: "We're the worst team in the world."

3 2.61%

Threaded View

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default How many points for TFC in 2016?

Well, Pre-Season is now done, so it's that time again to figure out how well we think TFC will do this year. Previous year's prognostications can be found here:

http://forums.redpatchboys.ca/showth...or-TFC-in-2015
    http://forums.redpatchboys.ca/showth...or-TFC-in-2014
    http://forums.redpatchboys.ca/showth...or-TFC-in-2013

The team is still not ready for the season and I'm not sold on the backline. The preseason average against MLS opposition is well above the 1.32 GA/90 target that the FO has set for the season. I'm also worried that the injuries are a sign of things to come for the season. If Seba goes down, I think the team is done, depth or not. I'm hoping Endoh can surprise, but we can't expect Giovinco to have another MLS-record season so I'm sure the offense will suffer a bit. The midfield is still a mess as well.

I expect the road trip is going to be hellish as the team tries to gel and Vanney juggles line-ups and find combinations and formations that will work against their opponents. The team will beat at least one of Colorado or NYCFC and win one more game that they have no business of winning, tie one or two more games and lose the rest. The team will be in a hole by the time of their home opener and I can see the season going one of two ways depending on what TFC we believe in:

TFC Past - They go 1-5-0 in May and Vanney is fired after Montreal pick up their first win at BMO in the Voyageur Cup competition, with a distressingly familiar meltdown the rest of the season that we all know and dread.

TFC Present - Bradley, Johnson and Moor take the team by the throat and slap some sense into them and the other veterans will encourage the youngsters to come out guns blazing. TFC solidifies its identity during their first home-stand and goes on to build momentum leading to a solid playoff berth. This is the path I choose to believe will happen, winning half the remaining games and splitting the remaining games evenly between ties and losses for about 53 points. (NB: the team has always done better than I expected).

Place your bets, people!

<Edit: The poll closes April 27th>
    Last edited by Initial B; 02-27-2016 at 08:52 PM.