Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

High Balls into our big man in the Cntre forward position. Our big man's nickname is the Atomic Ant.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bradley seems to be staying way back eh? Not moving forward

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks like both teams are half way into pre season form. Some of the young guys for TFC need to be stronger on the ball. Endo and Lovitz particularly ineffective.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As I predicted, Giovinco a total waste in the middle. Move him to LW.

Defensively much improved.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol Gio nice

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Looks like both teams are half way into pre season form. Some of the young guys for TFC need to be stronger on the ball. Endo and Lovitz particularly ineffective.
    It's early but yeah, Endo not looking that good so far.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    As I predicted, Giovinco a total waste in the middle. Move him to LW.

Defensively much improved.
    He's not exactly anchored - they are moving him around. Issue is nobody else looks particularly threatening attack wise so the entire d surrounds gio.

Basically it's we play one forward and that forward goes wherever he wants. Not sure what else you want to do with that?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Put Mo in the 2nd half in the middle, get Giovinco back on the left subbing Lovitz.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Flying red bulls everywhere

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Poor fucking passes in the mid

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Giovinco being isolated is a result of how they're playing. Changing the wide players won't really change anything. He's isolated because the wide players are staying deep and compact. Putting giovinco out wide won't work with how they're playing. He'd have to cover too much ground defensively

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Defense looks good. Midfield has some talent but no unity and is a bit of a mess. Not creating space and opening up passing lanes. Could take some time.

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Baah has been impressive for the Shite Bulls.
    Toronto FC baby...best team everrrrrrrrrr -Jozy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Give Endo some time. That play all started with his technical ability

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax TFC View Post
    Giovinco being isolated is a result of how they're playing. Changing the wide players won't really change anything. He's isolated because the wide players are staying deep and compact. Putting giovinco out wide won't work with how they're playing. He'd have to cover too much ground defensively
    part of reason being fullbacks are not being pushed up high and playing very defensively to stop NYRB counter. if fullbacks push up higher, the wingers would pinch in to provide better support to Giovinco.

I really think Giovinco is a second striker and shouldn't be playing lone striker anyways.

I'll take 0-0 into half time
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    part of reason being fullbacks are not being pushed up high and playing very defensively to stop NYRB counter. if fullbacks push up higher, the wingers would pinch in to provide better support to Giovinco.

I really think Giovinco is a second striker and shouldn't be playing lone striker anyways.

Yeah but we don't have a primary striker anywhere on this roster right now. It's totally out of the question.

I'll take that for a half of play. Backline is much improved. The number of balls Moor and Beitashour cleared alone was an improvement. Just please for the love of god no more pretending Lovitz starts anywhere on a MLS team.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think we'd all be pretty ecstatic with a 0-0 final.....I would take a point at that venue any day of the week.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Put Mo in the 2nd half in the middle, get Giovinco back on the left subbing Lovitz.
    +1 Knowing vanney he will sub a defender for a defender.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post

Yeah, Vanney came in to play a straight defensive counter, see if they can spring Seba a few times. He only needs one if New York can't score.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    He's not exactly anchored - they are moving him around. Issue is nobody else looks particularly threatening attack wise so the entire d surrounds gio.

Basically it's we play one forward and that forward goes wherever he wants. Not sure what else you want to do with that?
    I don't see him moving around at all. He's stranded in the middle. Our best player has touched the ball maybe 5 times, gotten it under his control twice. We can't expect to score that way.

Vanney should just tell him to abandon leading the line and roam wherever he wants, including dropping deep into our midfielders to pick up the ball. He needs more touches.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jpexxx View Post
    Give Endo some time. That play all started with his technical ability
    This - away to the League Champs last season is hardly an easy professional debut. Looks to have some real potential IMO.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Loving everything so far.

Endoh does not look out of place at all and Lovitz appears to be the only weak link thus far.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They aren't being aggressive. It is almost like they are playing but taking it easy. Not pushing too hard.

I wonder if there are fitness concerns still or if Vanney wants to let the Red Bulls push hard and look for mistakes in the last minutes. Though iirc Defending is harder than attacking on fitness.

So we will see.

Defense is looking better. A goal would be nice.

Unleash Bradley a bit, Let gio roam, maybe take out Lovitz and put in Mo and play a 4 2 5 1 in the last 15-20 minutes of the game.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alonso View Post
    It's early but yeah, Endo not looking that good so far.
    Disagree. He's been out wide causing Lawrence to have to think. Apart from one time where Endoh let Lawrenece go for that cross, he's been defensively responsible and pressing well. Technically good on the ball without being enamoured with his technical ability (see Alvaro Rey).

On another note, I remember now why I hated to play against Johnson - guys a pain and running all over.

Red Bulls are going to win this because our midfield is going to let them get the ball in front of our back 4 too many times. But, that high line NYRB is playing is going to cost them eventually.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Disagree. He's been out wide causing Lawrence to have to think. Apart from one time where Endoh let Lawrenece go for that cross, he's been defensively responsible and pressing well. Technically good on the ball without being enamoured with his technical ability (see Alvaro Rey).

On another note, I remember now why I hated to play against Johnson - guys a pain and running all over.

Red Bulls are going to win this because our midfield is going to let them get the ball in front of our back 4 too many times. But, that high line NYRB is playing is going to cost them eventually.
    Endoh has had good and bad. He looks exciting, but he's lost the ball too many times when there were better options.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As long as we keep a clean sheet, 1 good ball to Giovinco and we could walk away with 3 points.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Endo has lost a huge number of 50-50s or been easily dis-possessed a number of times. It looks like men v. boys when he is around the ball.

I'll give him some slack in that his primary focus is typically to stretch the field and nobody has hit him in stride but still... That was a poor half.

He at least has some urgency though unlike Lovitz who looks naive.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seba had one ball where he was one on one with Baah.....and Baah stopped him. An impressive start for the new NYRB guy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Inklink View Post
    Nigel Reed is trash.
    KJ is a doing a great job, meanwhile Nigel Reed has no interest in the game whatsoever.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Decent enough opening 45 from us. We look a lot more solid defensively although we need to watch the high ball into the box. (NYRB have had more than a few headed chances) We look pretty toothless in attack though it has to be said. Hoofball to Giovenco just isnt on...