Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We have all seen that the results in the first few weeks in this league are pretty random.

Whatever the score, I just want us to look organized, have some pressure and possession, and not be standing around watching Seba.

The results will follow if they do do that.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Babouli available:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would start Babouli at the winger spot instead of Osorio, put Cheyrou on the bench and Osorio back in the midfield where he is much more useful. Cheyrou should be a 60 minute sub at this point or we need a major change in formation, yes he has quality but he is slowing down.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    I would start Babouli at the winger spot instead of Osorio, put Cheyrou on the bench and Osorio back in the midfield where he is much more useful. Cheyrou should be a 60 minute sub at this point or we need a major change in formation, yes he has quality but he is slowing down.
    I agree. Osorio as a wide forward is a waste. We need him to shuttle the ball forward.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    The way you beat a high press is with speed on the outside. That's what Columbus did during the playoffs. We could get that from Lovitz and Endoh on the outside of a 4-3-3 but I doubt we'd start Lovitz up there.

I noted that when NYRB came to us in October, for some reason they didn't press.

Most likely NYRB will bung up our middle and that will be that.
    What the hell has happened to Lovitz btw? The guy looked like he was going to be a great MLS winger (quick, shifty and able to put in a good ball), but all of a sudden when Vanney came in he started getting reps as the third string left back

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    What the hell has happened to Lovitz btw? The guy looked like he was going to be a great MLS winger (quick, shifty and able to put in a good ball), but all of a sudden when Vanney came in he started getting reps as the third string left back
    Just hard to fit him into the kind of 4-man midfield we were playing last year, I think. Our "wide" mids would often drift inside and we rarely drove down the line to cross. Lovitz is very much a wide player.

With our switch to a 4-3-3 and trying to incorporate more wide play this year he should be able to get more minutes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    Just hard to fit him into the kind of 4-man midfield we were playing last year, I think. Our "wide" mids would often drift inside and we rarely drove down the line to cross. Lovitz is very much a wide player.

With our switch to a 4-3-3 and trying to incorporate more wide play this year he should be able to get more minutes.
    Except he hasn't, in preseason he'd start at left back with like the NCAA and TFC II guys in the lineup

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    Except he hasn't, in preseason he'd start at left back with like the NCAA and TFC II guys in the lineup
    FWIW, Lovitz started the LAG game as a LB.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not going to lie...knowing the opening game is tomorrow makes it feel a little like Christmas Eve when I was a kid as sad as that is at my age. Hey I don't get out much...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello,

My name is FluSH. I hear you are all great supporters of TFC. Looking forward to introducing myself and meeting as many of you at Shoeless Joe's tomorrow.
    @FluSH_RPB / IG: @Flush.rpb
    The Legendary
    RED PATCH BOYS

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    Not going to lie...knowing the opening game is tomorrow makes it feel a little like Christmas Eve when I was a kid as sad as that is at my age. Hey I don't get out much...
    Completely agree , sitting here in Manhattan as I type this, tomorrow can not come soon enough, looking forward to it so much !!

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wouldn't be surprised if we see this tomorrow.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stegosaurus View Post
    Anyone hear anything about the showing at Atlantis tomorrow?
    Only people who were chosen to attend through a lottery were notified that they'd been chosen. Everyone else who rsvp'd to the invite from mlse weren't told if they should turn up or not. A discourteous move in my opinion.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For those in New York, we will have a special guest in the away section tomorrow, an original Red from 2007, Abbie Ibrahim. While he was here for only a brief time, making one first team appearance, once a Red , always a Red. By the way he also played a season with the Metro Stars with a teenage Michael Bradley as a teammate.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Most excited I've been for a TFC season in several years. We actually look like a reasonably balanced team for once, and focused on the right changes in the offseason.
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shakes McQueen View Post
    Most excited I've been for a TFC season in several years. We actually look like a reasonably balanced team for once, and focused on the right changes in the offseason.
    I don't have any sense yet of whether it's made a difference; whether we've improved etc. Except goal. Irwin has already stood on his head in preseason a few times. Still not sold on platooning midfielders, or two-way pivots or whatever. Still think the one piece we're missing most is a hard-nosed DM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    For those in New York, we will have a special guest in the away section tomorrow, an original Red from 2007, Abbie Ibrahim. While he was here for only a brief time, making one first team appearance, once a Red , always a Red. By the way he also played a season with the Metro Stars with a teenage Michael Bradley as a teammate.
    Oh wow, you mean this guy: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abbe_Ibrahim

I didn't know we had another Ibrahim. First I though you meant the following guy, Abdusalam Abas Ibrahim, AKA Fuad, but he had way more than one 1st-team appearance: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fuad_Ibrahim

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FluSH View Post
    Hello,

My name is FluSH. I hear you are all great supporters of TFC. Looking forward to introducing myself and meeting as many of you at Shoeless Joe's tomorrow.
    I plan to come to Shoeless Joe's as well. After all these years, it would be great to meet the illustrious FLuSH!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

GAME DAY!!!!

For anybody who can't get to a TV, the game will be broadcast on TSN1050.

Last edited by OgtheDim; 03-06-2016 at 08:00 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    That is great! I remember him. He played maybe 5 minutes total. At NE I think.

Let us know what he is up to.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmmm....and if you want to watch the game in French, .

This likely means there will be an English language Eurosport stream somewhere out there too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    I don't have any sense yet of whether it's made a difference; whether we've improved etc. Except goal. Irwin has already stood on his head in preseason a few times. Still not sold on platooning midfielders, or two-way pivots or whatever. Still think the one piece we're missing most is a hard-nosed DM.
    Agreed. Far and away the best roster we have had, but with Bradley at DM it really does raise questions due to his attacking instincts. If anyone watched Leicester yesterday, Kante was terrific. Watching him was like watching Laba, they even tackle with a similar technique. Boy Laba would fit well here.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

GAME DAY! The new season is upon us, and we're all pretty optimistic about the new season. That's a great feeling! I'm nervous about the first 8 games, but I really do think that we have a pretty solid squad to start the season. It all comes down to Vanney's tactics and use of this solid squad. Hopefully he will have learned enough from last season to know that we NEED to stability and can't just switch up our tactics/formation every 2-3 days and expect to be consistent. Time to shine!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Hmmm....and if you want to watch the game in French, .

This likely means there will be an English language Eurosport stream somewhere out there too.
    Oh thank goodness. The Eurosport commentators made watching games 100% more enjoyable compared to the usual NA commentators.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Surrounding giovinco with 2 rookies...sigh. it's gonna be a long game, let alone season.
    Hoping for a draw, expecting 3-0 for the bad guys.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can honestly say that I'm excited for not just our game, but all the league games today as a whole. Plenty of storylines in every matchup.

Been here at Football Factory at bathurst/richmond since 8:30am for the Liverpool match, and now ManU West Brom.

Gonna be a good sized crowd for TFC's 1:30pm kickoff!

C'mon you Reds!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When's that starting lineup coming out... I am dying here with anticipation

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Starting two rookies would be a bad idea to start the season. I'm usually all for playing players in their correct positions but Oso is a little more seasoned and has some proven chemistry with Seba. And given that NY tries to own the mid, I'd rather have Cheyrou's composure and experience in the middle.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@torontofc: The @BacardiCanada Starting XI: Irwin, Morrow, Moor, Perquis, Beitashour, Osorio, Bradley, Johnson, Lovitz, Giovinco, Endoh #TFCLive