Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hoping for a win... Would be satisfied with a draw. If we lose the game, I just don't want us to get our asses handed to us like in previous years

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    Expecting a loss, hoping for a draw Red Bull away is a hard way to start the season
    I think the last two years we started in Seattle and then Vancouver and both we were not expected to win and If I remember correctly we won both.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ruffian View Post
    I think the last two years we started in Seattle and then Vancouver and both we were not expected to win and If I remember correctly we won both.
    first two games of the year are basically preseason with starters, never a reflection on how the season will go.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You know, it's possible that Cheyrou is going to be used mostly as a super sub this year. I wouldn't be surprised to see the youth bombing up and down the wings this season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i say a 3-1 loss.i think the last time we won on the road was june..yikes,hope im wrong.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On the way to New Jersey !!

Last edited by Red CB Toronto; 03-04-2016 at 02:04 PM.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cros sing my fingers for a win, But will be happy for a draw. We never seem to play good over there in Jersey. I am hoping for at least 8 t0 10 points in this road trip.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GuelphStorm2007 View Post
    Cros sing my fingers for a win, But will be happy for a draw. We never seem to play good over there in Jersey. I am hoping for at least 8 t0 10 points in this road trip.
    anything more than 8 points would be extraordinary, statistically speaking. It's possible we could get more because the 8 teams we're playing aren't very good, but we shouldn't be mad if we get 7-8.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by molenshtain View Post
    anything more than 8 points would be extraordinary, statistically speaking. It's possible we could get more because the 8 teams we're playing aren't very good, but we shouldn't be mad if we get 7-8.
    I agree.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is anyone taking a road trip for this game?? May drive down with my girlfriend and wanted to know if there's a dedicated section for the TFC supporters?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Red Bulls front office is ready for Sunday, are you?

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorth View Post
    Is anyone taking a road trip for this game?? May drive down with my girlfriend and wanted to know if there's a dedicated section for the TFC supporters?
    Close to 65 are heading down for the game... ticket link on front page redbulls away travel thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    On the way to New Jersey !!

Hey, that was my idea for transforming the tfc logo!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GuelphStorm2007 View Post
    I agree.
    I don't consider this a realistic prediction, but I'm going to say 2-2.

It's tough getting pts on the road at the best of times. But you never know.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flamehawk View Post
    Hey, that was my idea for transforming the tfc logo!
    Not just seen it on there.

Found here http://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2016/0...ide-toronto-fc

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Not just seen it on there.

Found here http://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2016/0...ide-toronto-fc
    I like this direction the club is taking.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ronzilla View Post

That might be the most accurate predicted XI they've ever done

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have two main concerns with that lineup: Giovinco not getting enough touches on the ball when in the middle of a 4-3-3, and Bradley being wasted at best as a deep lying playmaker and at worst being over-aggressive and leaving the back line exposed.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought Moor played on the right?

BTW, love that pic of Irwin - he looks like he wants to get down to business.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought Moor played on the right?

BTW, love that pic of Irwin - he looks like he wants to get down to business.
    No I'm pretty sure they've been adamant on having him play on the left especially given that he spent a lot of time last year at left back

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here is the match preview from Empire of Soccer. Fishkin sees 2-1 RBNY result. Could be a close game.

http://www.empireofsoccer.com/previe...to-fc-2-45376/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Detroit_TFC View Post
    Here is the match preview from Empire of Soccer. Fishkin sees 2-1 RBNY result. Could be a close game.

http://www.empireofsoccer.com/previe...to-fc-2-45376/
    Lol he referred to WJ as a "winger" I'm not putting much stock in this

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    I have two main concerns with that lineup: Giovinco not getting enough touches on the ball when in the middle of a 4-3-3, and Bradley being wasted at best as a deep lying playmaker and at worst being over-aggressive and leaving the back line exposed.
    1. I can see Seba playing more as a false 9, the 433 can allow more touches for the CF than the 4231 we saw last year.
    2. I imagine that the projected lineup is inaccurate and that Cheyrou will continue in the role he was given last year.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bobo View Post
    1. I can see Seba playing more as a false 9, the 433 can allow more touches for the CF than the 4231 we saw last year.
    2. I imagine that the projected lineup is inaccurate and that Cheyrou will continue in the role he was given last year.
    it means the wide forwards has to push up very high to allow Giovinco to play false nine so that Giovinco can get the ball to run at defenders. it also means the the fullbacks have to be more conservative to ensure TFC doesn't get punished on the counter defensively. don't expect much defensive help from the wide forwards.

NYRB has one thing TFC doesn't have. Team chemistry and likely they will play same starting 11 as last year. Only significant loss is CB Matt Miazga to Chelsea, and if it's Zubar partnering Perrinelle, TFC can hurt NYRB. but I think Jesse Marsch will figure out.

We've sucked so much away against NYRB and I don't expect that to change. Esp with NYRB's high press, and a TFC midfield that hasn't found rhythm and turns the ball over a lot.
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The way you beat a high press is with speed on the outside. That's what Columbus did during the playoffs. We could get that from Lovitz and Endoh on the outside of a 4-3-3 but I doubt we'd start Lovitz up there.

I noted that when NYRB came to us in October, for some reason they didn't press.

Most likely NYRB will bung up our middle and that will be that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone hear anything about the showing at Atlantis tomorrow?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The way you beat a high press is with speed on the outside. That's what Columbus did during the playoffs. We could get that from Lovitz and Endoh on the outside of a 4-3-3 but I doubt we'd start Lovitz up there.

I noted that when NYRB came to us in October, for some reason they didn't press.

Most likely NYRB will bung up our middle and that will be that.
    Except we don't have much speed in our starting 11... Vanney's switch to 4-3-3 suggests he's expecting the midfield to cover a lot of ground and fullbacks will keep getting aggressively pushed up while somehow maintaining possession.

I know the kinks haven't been worked out yet and the midfield is still a chaos with slow Cheyrou in the middle. Love Cheyrou's passing ability. But in 4-3-3, you need your 3 midfielders to be able to cover a lot of ground and Cheyrou is a liability in that regard. Johnson and Bradley have good engines, but they aren't exactly disciplined positionally either.

We have a fighting chance if we pot the first goal. If NYRB gets the first goal, we are screwed. Everyone will be far too aggressive pushing up and NYRB counters for 2nd goal.
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seba and Osorio like to play off each other. Seba will be drift to the left to create space for himself at will.

Once Altidore is healthy:

Giovinco-Altidore-Osorio

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Red bulls will more than likely go with 4-2-3-1 which they will basically own the midfield. Service to our forwards is going to be limited and i expect 3 players on Seba's back the entire game. I don't have much confidence in our back line only because it's the beginning and they haven't had much time to bond, although if the D puts on a solid performance, we have a good shot at 3 points.