Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AdamAM View Post
    Is anyone else as impressed by Johnson as I am? I feel like he had a MOTM-level game. He was always breaking up plays and passes in the centre of the park and just being a nuisance, a lot like Bradley but more contained. I really feel like if we hadn't had him today this would have gone totally different. To me he looks like our best signing of the off-season so far.
    It was to the point where they didn't even bother with the right side of the field. They tried to attack the other flank the entire game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    It was to the point where they didn't even bother with the right side of the field. They tried to attack the other flank the entire game.
    That also may have occurred because the weakest link on either team, Lovitz, was occupying the left side but regardless I whole-heartedly agree. Johnson was holding down that side like a champ. I'm calling it right now that he's gonna be a big part of any and all successes that occur this year.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I find it funny looking at the post game quotes from the NYRB coach and players. They pretty much all said basically they lost because they weren't sharp and it was their first game of the season and when they play TFC later in the season it will be a different story. They sound like a bunch of idiots saying that since it was TFC's first game too and hey, guess what, we weren't exactly sharp today either. Grella's quote was funny too...TFC came in with a plan to just kick long balls up to nobody....yeah I am sure that was written on the board in the TFC locker room as their plan for today.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    I find it funny looking at the post game quotes from the NYRB coach and players. They pretty much all said basically they lost because they weren't sharp and it was their first game of the season and when they play TFC later in the season it will be a different story. They sound like a bunch of idiots saying that since it was TFC's first game too and hey, guess what, we weren't exactly sharp today either. Grella's quote was funny too...TFC came in with a plan to just kick long balls up to nobody....yeah I am sure that was written on the board in the TFC locker room as their plan for today.
    That guy is a schmuck lol. He said we were playing for a draw, yet we ended up with more shots on goal than you guys did. Doesn't speak too well on your behalf does it Mikey? I think the Energy Drinks feel a little threatened after being outclassed on home turf and they're more than a little worried about the team we've put together this season, and it's coming out in their interviews

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 0bl1vious View Post
    I hope he does this when they come home to BMO. New victory dance anyone?? lol

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flamehawk View Post
    To clarify: I am in no way involved with MLSE or Adidas. I just meant it was an idea I proposed while we were speculating on the kit redesign ... which to be fair was influenced by the bracelet thing that came with last year's season seat holder package.
    Oh, yeh—no, I suspected that were the case. Still think it's neat when an idea you had is, in a way, validated by an official release, or even with me/others offering up props.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakes McQueen View Post
    They dominated possession, which is standard when you're going for a classic counter-attacking strategy. We held the line pretty well, and they couldn't make much out of all of that possession.
    Exactly. Was huge on Vanney, to start, before losing that bit of confidence, following some questionable decisions. Today he's done brilliantly, and deserves all the plaudits he's received.

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Worried, maybe very worried, about Beitashour - is he Nick Garcia? Looked like an ultra-confident guy who has lost a step, can't compensate, and will get into repeated trouble because of it.
    "Garcia"—ouch! Did Beitashour even get into any of the pre-season games? I know that was his first 90 minutes, and I think, outside of training, his first time playing in a game situation with the lads. Surely, his form will improve with his fitness, as he looks to grow an understanding with the rest of the back five. As Vanney says, he did well to grind a performance out, for this one.

Is anyone else as impressed by Johnson as I am? I feel like he had a MOTM-level game. He was always breaking up plays and passes in the centre of the park and just being a nuisance, a lot like Bradley but more contained. I really feel like if we hadn't had him today this would have gone totally different. To me he looks like our best signing of the off-season so far.
    Felt the exact same way. Maybe fell a bit under the radar, on account of the whole team performing well, complete with one or two surprise showings… but, for me, Johnson was an absolute pitbull out there. Ecstatic about his signing!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Beitashour thinks defence before he thinks offence - a tad different then Creavalle and Jackson. First game after coming back - should be better next week.

Just saw Doyle link to this bit of video.

Bradley - the General - woof

https://streamable.com/1xbm?t=18.6
    Last edited by OgtheDim; 03-07-2016 at 07:15 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great result yesterday. We went into Red Bull Arena, one of the toughest stadiums to get a result, and grinded out a win.

Our backline played really well. They looked extremely composed most of the time. Endoh (looks like a super sayan; future tifo?) seemed to fit in really well and didn't seem like he'd ever get tired.

Hopefully we can keep improving as the season progresses.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Happy with the result They played a typical road game yesterday and really did not give NYRB a lot of chances . I WAS HAPPY WITH PERQUIS and Moor. Endoh played like the winger we have been hoping for , for years.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GuelphStorm2007 View Post
    Happy with the result They played a typical road game yesterday and really did not give NYRB a lot of chances . I WAS HAPPY WITH PERQUIS and Moor. Endoh played like the winger we have been hoping for , for years.
    If he plays his cards right, I could see him in Samurai blue in two to four years. If he performs well there, then a big European club could come knocking.

I just hope that Endoh could pave the way for more Japanese players to come to MLS.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noimpactinmtl View Post
    If he plays his cards right, I could see him in Samurai blue in two to four years. If he performs well there, then a big European club could come knocking.
    Endoh played well yesterday but that was his FIRST professional game haha. Let's not get carried away with national team call ups and big European clubs juuuuuust yet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Endoh looked impressive but he lacks vision and playmaking skills. Maybe he will improve with time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vision looks fine to me. He hit 2 incredibly accurate crossfield balls to start the transition. He also completed 100% of his passes.

upload imagem

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought Endoh made some slick passes yesterday in tight spaces. He also has a pretty lethal shot off the wing. I think he will definitely get better as he adjusts to the pace and physicality of the league.

RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know I'm replying pretty late in the game as it were, but really glad to see TFC pick up the 3 points early in our 8-game road stretch. Gotta admit, it was very touch-and-go for us and we definitely didn't dominate as MLS Match Centre is implying; but all said, we looked fairly cohesive out there and the defence overall was obviously an improvement over much of last season. I have a feeling that Giovinco NOT scoring or picking up an assist every game this season will almost feel like an aberration.

Obviously, great to see Delgado get the second goal. Was so glad to see him come on for Lovitz. Bradley was almost invisible at times, but sometimes guys just have bad days, I guess. Really liking the look of Endoh thus fair, as well. Irwin looked confident, though he didn't have much work to do yesterday.

I think more than anything I got from that match is that TFC really played like they were the real deal. I think in the two previous seasons even with the big name signings, we were still rather incomplete as a squad. But we no longer play like a team that's top-heavy in offense. Things look a lot more balanced on the pitch. Passing was noticeably better than a lot of games played last year, for instance.

Anyway, great result in New York on Sunday. Really hope we can pick up another 3 points playing NYCFC and keep this train moving!
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Giovinco's uncontrollable runaway motorbike celebration was highlight of the match!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bradley was one of the best players on the pitch yersterday, and performed the task of stay at home DM that most of us thought he couldn't. Having a silent game is kind of what you want out of your DM. Doyle has a post up about him. If Bradley can play like that all season in that spot, we're in really good shape.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cashcleaner View Post
    .... Bradley was almost invisible at times, but sometimes guys just have bad days, I guess. ...
    He was the DM. He was pretty much nailed in front of the back 4.

And even then, Bradley sprung Seba for the charge that led to the penalty. (I linked to the tape on that above)

In Moor's post game interview, he said it was nice to have a midfielder who listened to him and Perquis when they were barking out orders. IF Bradley can stay disciplined back there and not charge in, our defence will be very difficult to break down.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

God, Felipe is such a tool.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SenorDingDong View Post
    Giovinco's uncontrollable runaway motorbike celebration was highlight of the match!
    In the end, it was really Giovinco who made the difference and snagged the 3 points.

-Created the pass that lead to PK
    -Scored the PK
    -Assisted Delgado goal

He simply makes everyone around him look like amateurs, its almost hilarious.

RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    And even then, Bradley sprung Seba for the charge that led to the penalty. (I linked to the tape on that above).
    Yeah, that's a good point. I can dig it.
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lotta social media all-stars on this team. Gonna be a great season.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ronzilla View Post
    In the end, it was really Giovinco who made the difference and snagged the 3 points.

-Created the pass that lead to PK
    -Scored the PK
    -Assisted Delgado goal

He simply makes everyone around him look like amateurs, its almost hilarious.
    Yes Seba is great. But Delgado also bagged the interception that led to his own goal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's difficult to know what to expect in the first couple games. I was disappointed with preseason, and I wasn't sure how cohesive the squad would be in Harrison. Impressed with Endoh, Moor, Irwin. Seba's second half was just crazy, flair moves all over the place.

BTW, much appreciation to Vikings Army. They were gracious hosts for TFC away support at VA's home bar before the game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He was probably the least liked acquisition (or so I got that impression) Not saying unliked at all, just least excited about out of Irwin, Beitashour and Moor. Probably had the biggest impact of any of them yesterday. For those still pining about Laba, he may finally fade to memory.

I think the icing on Tim Bez's cake from yesterday was that all 4 of them, plus his 1st rounder Endoh, were very noticeable with many positive things that could be said.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ryan View Post
    He was probably the least liked acquisition (or so I got that impression) Not saying unliked at all, just least excited about out of Irwin, Beitashour and Moor. Probably had the biggest impact of any of them yesterday. For those still pining about Laba, he may finally fade to memory.
    I agree, though for the most part I think people were happy/excited to have him, just unsure about how he'd fit in to the lineup with Bradley/Cheyrou seemingly ingrained in those CM roles. I guess it's understandable since every other move we made was a clear-cut "addressing" of our glaring weaknesses, ie. not much downside (Irwin for Bendik/Konops, Beitashour for RB black hole, Moor for Kantari), whereas Johnson kind of seemed like a luxury at that point... maybe even a hindrance to some people (cap and roster/formation wise).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Having Bradley and Johnson in mid is going to drive many teams nuts. Both relentless in closing down the opposition and can makes passes and jump into on offense.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love how keepers know that Seba is going left with every single PK, yet he still scores. That said, I may have less of a heart attack every time if he'd mix it up a bit more.