Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't get me wrong I was right there at BMO going crazy after that Giovinco goal but then there is Montreal a few weeks later and.... oh forget it!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    I don't think the 4-3-3 is a mistake, because we have 2 guys that can lead the line in a 4-3-3 in Altidore and Gomez.

BUT, I do wonder why didn't Gomez play? Gomez is the central guy in a 4-3-3. Not Seba.

this makes sense, except Atlidore is simply not a full season player , ever again, and Gomez who? I am put to sleep at the best of times by Mr Vanney, but his stance on Gomez is baffling . So , realistically this 4-3-3 theory is not sustainable . But I did like the way Bradley played at Dm when we had the lead . Oh ya we never had it . Again not sure what his huge salary actually brings to the team , that a journeyman DM , who has a controlling , pass oriented game could do . I have not seen a team with everyone on the same page yet , this season . And yes it is preseason but bad touches , passes to nowhere, lack of speed in important areas all cannot be written off as simply preseason . It seems problem areas of the past seem to carry over and anticipated improvement is lacking . Goaltending looks great , we'll need it .
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's preseason man... A fancy version of practice. I get what you're saying, but I think you're a little early to write this team off.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SoccMan2 View Post
    Sorry If I stress you out " Ivy", but I hate loosing just can't stand it, lol, I don't know how some of you guys on here are such optimist but that just is not me, but then again that's what makes this world a great and crazy place different people and different personalities makes life interesting.
    many speak with blinkers on , and seem to feel lovers of the team can't be critical . People who really care have to be critical . Compare it to your family , kids etc , you want the best therefore you always (try) to improve . Haven't seen anything in real life that is successful ( in any qualifier) without critical hard work . If our team is going to be the marshmallow of the league so be it . At least entertain me , with small victories . Guys we'll all see how we stand mid season .

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jazzy View Post
    many speak with blinkers on , and seem to feel lovers of the team can't be critical . People who really care have to be critical . Compare it to your family , kids etc , you want the best therefore you always (try) to improve . Haven't seen anything in real life that is successful ( in any qualifier) without critical hard work . If our team is going to be the marshmallow of the league so be it . At least entertain me , with small victories . Guys we'll all see how we stand mid season .
    youre a supporter. Your bashing of players does nothing for the team other than discourage other people.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    youre a supporter. Your bashing of players does nothing for the team other than discourage other people.
    and your bashing of users views are spot on , cute names too

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think I bashed anybody's views. I said that constant negative posts from the same user upset me. Don't believe me, look at said user's post history.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Peace, call me crazy but I find his posts refreshing, and cleansing my frustrations of same old , same old impotency ........I really want to believe the powers to be, have this team and my support of it in their best interests but if you want to talk history ......lets look at our past seasons ......

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We'll agree to disagree

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BTW soccman2 , it would benefit you greatly to join Red Patch Boys .....where your opinions would be respected in a appreciated way ..... you'll find that discussion doesn't transfer that well on the forum , but after a beer at Joe's or at the game ...everyone is crazy opinionated and happy to be together . Then there's Ivy (just kidding)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hah. Ouch.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SoccMan2 View Post
    No I'm not enjoying myself actually, I will start to enjoy myself when this team is able to have a few good seasons like the Red Bulls have or even like our good friends the Crew have had over the years or a few other teams in the league until then I'm going to be a miserable son of a bitch like I have since day one. Moreover, and now since the beloved Argos have now invaded the stadium I'm in an even more crappier mood if this team does not do much better than the so called successful season that was supposedly last season.
    "Doctor it hurts when I do this!"

"Maybe stop doing that."

If you feel its your cause to be an oppressive and constant negative Nelly then it's on you, man. Try focusing on one disappointment at a time and not invoking the entire history of the team with every post.

Most of us have been here. We've felt it, too.

And Pre-Season is the best time to practice since it really doesn't matter as much.

Just a tip to lower your blood pressure. It's a long season ahead, man.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jazzy View Post
    BTW soccman2 , it would benefit you greatly to join Red Patch Boys .....where your opinions would be respected in a appreciated way ..... you'll find that discussion doesn't transfer that well on the forum , but after a beer at Joe's or at the game ...everyone is crazy opinionated and happy to be together . Then there's Ivy (just kidding)
    lol It does help that Jazzy ACTUALLY talks the way he types.

(And we love him for it.)
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let's just hope our midfield gets its shit together or we're gonna get embarrassed next week.