Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We bought two of the last remaining single seats near the front of 112 in the hope that we would be surrounded by red and could actually move to sit/ stand next to each other. I guess we'll have to see what happens when we get there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To all the travelling fans be safe

I hope you see a victory as my memories of that stadium are terrible...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KRO View Post
    We bought two of the last remaining single seats near the front of 112 in the hope that we would be surrounded by red and could actually move to sit/ stand next to each other. I guess we'll have to see what happens when we get there.
    4 of us at the lower section of 112 as well. I think they'll be quite a lot of TFC fans in that section, we won't know until we get in though

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It will be fine guys. Just enjoy the game.

RPB Member
    Treasurer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mateo1985 View Post
    Winner. I'm on it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mateo1985 View Post
    Heres a shocker, but most impact fans are not violent, ultra wannabes. TFC fans won't have many issues in the stadium.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heading into mtl as we speak on the via, should be in mtl for 11. Is anything going on tonight with some of the other lads already there? Buddies and I might hit McLeans tonight if we don't hear anything otherwise...

DH

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARDTFC View Post
    Heading into mtl as we speak on the via, should be in mtl for 11. Is anything going on tonight with some of the other lads already there? Buddies and I might hit McLeans tonight if we don't hear anything otherwise...

DH
    We arrived on an earlier via and just had a drink and food in McLeans. As far as I could tell we were the only TFC fans there. It will be a different story tomorrow I'm sure.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any chance you'll be hanging around? At this rate well be there once we get in.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any supporters out there down to go for a few drinks tonight?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Few of us currently at Saint Boch. Pretty full place though at the moment

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heading to the bus station in a bit , 12:30 departure, not knowing the kickoff time when I booked the ticket , booked this , see you at McLeans and Saputo !!!

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Justin10000 View Post
    Not to be rude, but you bought those tickets for those seats. People should've been aware that the supporters section would be strictly monitored and they wouldn't be allowed to go to any seat at their pleasure.
    Really? Supporters have to sit in precisely the seats they bought? Really? TFC supporters sections are like a concert? I never knew that. Do we have to sit down and say please too?

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    Really? Supporters have to sit in precisely the seats they bought? Really? TFC supporters sections are like a concert? I never knew that. Do we have to sit down and say please too?
    Not the away supporters section. Outside of 112, though, yeah, pretty much.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sunshine and 12C in Montreal for the match.

Montreal away trips are awesome.

Wish I was there for that.
    TORONTO FC, 2017 MLS CHAMPIONS!!! (Still the greatest in league history!)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can anyone tell us how the day went? Did it go smoothly or was there problems like last time.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by J-Man View Post
    Can anyone tell us how the day went? Did it go smoothly or was there problems like last time.
    It was pretty fucking awesome to be honest.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Montreal security was much more organized and ready to handle away support. The away support was fantastic during and following the game...no smoke, no flares just loud and proud.

The busses to take us back downtown was an excellent idea and kept us well separated from the Montreal fans (although the waiting time for the busses to leave seemed too long) but overall it was very well done.

Great day for those that jumped through the hoops to make the trip...this win will not be forgotten for a long time!
    RPB Road Warrior. DC United 9/29/07, Columbus Chaos 3/25/08, DC Rumble 5/24/08, Montreal Madness 5/27/08, Chicago 7/12/08, Kansas City Opener 3/21/09, Columbus Smoke 3/28/09, Boston Bus Bounce 8/1/09, Montreal 1000 4/7/12 Montreal 3200 3/16/2013 Columbus Bus Breakdown 3/21/15, Montreal Playoffs 10/29/15, Montreal Opener 04/23/16, Montreal East Final 11/22/16, Chicago 08/19/17, NY Semi-Final 10/30/17, Columbus East Final 11/21/17, Montreal "Dichio Lives" 3/17/18

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bluenose13 View Post
    Montreal security was much more organized and ready to handle away support. The away support was fantastic during and following the game...no smoke, no flares just loud and proud.

The busses to take us back downtown was an excellent idea and kept us well separated from the Montreal fans (although the waiting time for the busses to leave seemed too long) but overall it was very well done.

Great day for those that jumped through the hoops to make the trip...this win will not be forgotten for a long time!
    It was a great time, even though I did not sit in the supoorters section due to my friend bringing his elderly dad, you could hear the chants and such from the top of 112. Even with the new MLS security measures in place they seemed to be pretty understanding at least from my perspective entering the gates. The bag rule seems to have some discression. While the issue of getting supoorter tickets was dragged out, I will give the Impact FO credit with the way it was setup on game day and just having things like the buses in place to avoid some of the issues of the past.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Amazing experience overall, this was my second trip away (first being last Oct in MTL as well) and it was fantastic to say the last. Perfect weather, perfect atmosphere and of course getting the W made it that much sweeter.

Supporters were in full force and in sync from McLeans/Peel marching to the subway and to Saputo. Despite MTL FO dragging their feet on issuing supporters tickets and some minor inconveniences, they did their best with ticket distribution. And yeah, at least the busses were there this time rather than letting the supporters go into the forest in the dark like last October.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by J-Man View Post
    Day was awesome! Zero problems from what we could see. We didn't know where we were going coming off the subway and entered the stadium at the home end in our TFC colours and had no problems at all. Got back on the subway after the game(maybe 20 mins after the end) and had no problems.
    Most of them left after we went up 2-0 anyway! "THIS IS YOUR HOUSE"