Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Garber on Prime Time Sports

http://www.fan590.com/media.jsp?cont...24_182334_5176

Not really much of note that wasnt talked about ad naseum in his adress or other press dealing.

The ending of it is absolutely hilarious. Click the link if only to hear their parting gestures. Poor Garber made a complete ass of himself.

His points when Jim Kelley (I like Bob, but Kelley is a complete moron) started asking essentially 'why dont you Americanize the game' were exactly what I want to hear. Its the same game all over the world and if you try and turn MLS into some kind of North American version of soccer then youre instantly alienating all the fans who would otherwise follow the league.

Not a whole lot of insight, but interesting nonetheless.

The ending is priceless though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ROFL oh god Garber you assclown.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought Garber answer Kelly's ridiculous question quite well! I love how dopes like Kelley and McCowan rave about 1-0 baseball ganes as a tight well pitched ball game, or 1-0 hockey game as a 'good old fashioned Original 6' style game..yet a well played tense 1-1 soccer match as 'too little scoring'!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

mccown and kelley are old geezers who will be six feet under in 10-15 years and the new generation of soccer loving broadcasters will fill their places..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rocker View Post
    mccown and kelley are old geezers who will be six feet under in 10-15 years and the new generation of soccer loving broadcasters will fill their places..
    here, here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by maninb View Post
    I thought Garber answer Kelly's ridiculous question quite well! I love how dopes like Kelley and McCowan rave about 1-0 baseball ganes as a tight well pitched ball game, or 1-0 hockey game as a 'good old fashioned Original 6' style game..yet a well played tense 1-1 soccer match as 'too little scoring'!
    i was thinking about this earlier today too. if we gave 7 points for a goal and 3 points for any scoring chance would it be more exciting?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NF-FC View Post
    i was thinking about this earlier today too. if we gave 7 points for a goal and 3 points for any scoring chance would it be more exciting?
    We would lose every game 35-0.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that was a high scoring game the other day mls allstars won 21-14...
    that should make them happy...

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great job by Garber. The only ass-clown I heard on that clip was Kelley, with his "there really wasn't much there" comment on the TFC-Impact game.

McCowan was very hospitable, I thought. Surprisingly.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^I agreee Garber was very good & Bobo Mclown was as hospitable as you could ask for......All in all a very positve interview for TFC/MLS.
    RPB Road Warrior. DC United 9/29/07, Columbus Chaos 3/25/08, DC Rumble 5/24/08, Montreal Madness 5/27/08, Chicago 7/12/08, Kansas City Opener 3/21/09, Columbus Smoke 3/28/09, Boston Bus Bounce 8/1/09, Montreal 1000 4/7/12 Montreal 3200 3/16/2013 Columbus Bus Breakdown 3/21/15, Montreal Playoffs 10/29/15, Montreal Opener 04/23/16, Montreal East Final 11/22/16, Chicago 08/19/17, NY Semi-Final 10/30/17, Columbus East Final 11/21/17, Montreal "Dichio Lives" 3/17/18

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good interview to be fair. I like how pro TFC Garber is, it's refreshing to have an outsider spreading the good word for once