Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Onyx View Post
    no way. not paying full price to see roster guys 12-20. lower the number of games.
    Its called squad rotation. And it happens everywhere. You really going to start a fuss if a team has to start a second choice CB or MF?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No friendlies......

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Onyx View Post
    no way. not paying full price to see roster guys 12-20. lower the number of games.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuSaPuNk View Post
    Its called squad rotation. And it happens everywhere. You really going to start a fuss if a team has to start a second choice CB or MF?
    Not just everywhere but rotation happens in the best leagues in the world. Even if we don't consider our talent pool big enough as is, it won't get any bigger without chances for up and coming talent.

And @Onyx, if you're worried about full price you could get seasons. Those are cheaper per game.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    Until TFC qualify for the CCL again and you have a Sat/Sun - Tue/Wed/Thurs - Sat/Sun weeks in August and Sept.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuSaPuNk View Post
    Another not this year worry.
    Is that a prediction @BuSaPuNk or is there a new change in CCL schedule we're not aware of yet?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    Is that a prediction @BuSaPuNk or is there a new change in CCL schedule we're not aware of yet?
    Vcup qualifies you for next years tournament... earliest we would play a CCL game would be 2017

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pint View Post
    Vcup qualifies you for next years tournament... earliest we would play a CCL game would be 2017
    Thanks Pint!

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pint View Post
    The players don't like playing them, the fans don't show up, supporters are very much again these games.

Didn't make sense to keep, doesn't mean that other events won't potentially take their place.
    Well we can't say ALL players didn't like the opportunity to play some big teams and players...Those that didn't have starting roles during the season would've loved the opportunity but that's not enough reason to wear out your starters.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    If you're referring to Kevin Payne and what he said about friendlies, the quote was "Get used to it."
    http://www.wakingthered.com/2013/9/5...-leiweke-payne

I thought what was VERY interesting from the tweet thread linked above: apparently the club lost money on every single friendly so far except one. (The original tweeter thought maybe it was Real Madrid where they didn't lose money -- which is interesting considering they had to bring in grass for that game.)

I don't know if the players universally hated all the friendlies -- was somebody able to discuss that candidly with a number of players? (My guess would be some lower-tier TFC players might get a kick out of playing against teams like Liverpool, Real Madrid, or Man City. Did the TFC players get paid anything extra for friendlies?) For sure it seems TFC lost money on the friendlies; most regular TFC fans were disinterested & most supporters hated them; they realized there's a huge risk of unnecessary injury or overuse to their players & the regular season given tight schedules, limited rosters, and other absences; all the coaches hated them as a result, even if they had to pretend otherwise; and they probably could tell from their sales records that they had very limited success turning new fans from the friendlies into regular TFC fans or SSH'ers. Very limited upside. I always thought the league was pushing the friendlies for "exposure" but I don't really have a clue.

Hey, I'll embarrassingly admit that I originally got on the waiting list in order to get the "loyalty" price for the Real Madrid game, back when my son still cared about soccer. But I don't mind being the exception to the rule, and I'm happy the friendlies are gone.

(Now how is TFC going to scout foreign players though? )
    Hey, whatever to gets your little one to a game, Footy Dad!

Unbelievable how choosy Toronto and surrounding area are when it came to friendlies and how little those friendlies made. This is just one year without but here's to it continuing...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    Well we can't say ALL players didn't like the opportunity to play some big teams and players...Those that didn't have starting roles during the season would've loved the opportunity but that's not enough reason to wear out your starters.
    The phrase "the players don't like playing these games" isn't my words

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If we beat Montreal in the semi, and Vancouver wins their semi, this is our June schedule.

May 28th @ NYRB

June 1st - Montreal V Cup

June 8th - @ Montreal V Cup

June 18th - LAG

June 21 or 22nd - Vancouver V CUp

June 25th @ Orlando

June 28th or 29th - @ Vancouver

July 2nd - Seattle

That's during the Euro's and the Copa America.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    If we beat Montreal in the semi, and Vancouver wins their semi, this is our June schedule.

May 28th @ NYRB

June 1st - Montreal V Cup

June 8th - @ Montreal V Cup

June 18th - LAG

June 21 or 22nd - Vancouver V CUp

June 25th @ Orlando

June 28th or 29th - @ Vancouver

July 2nd - Seattle

That's during the Euro's and the Copa America.
    That's pretty busy.

...and I'll save comment on Copa for if and when the inevitable maddening happens.