Page 15 of 27 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by greatwhitenorf View Post
    If it's an away jersey, shouldn't it be predominantly not red? The Blizzard mostly wore their whites at home.

I'm neither old enough nor have lived here long enough to have any connection or affinity to the Blizzard but I would buy one of those for each day of the week...especially if they could get the old Adidas logo on it. I'm a massive sucker for retro/throwback sports gear, even more so anything from Adidas Originals.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To fans worried about the blue on the jesey, it is for an alternate kit. There are reliable sources that say that TFC are wearing a special alternate jersey that pays tribute to the Blizzard.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

been hearing heavy rumours that this is our new away shirt:

seriously, if you see anything printed on this template. it's fake.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adamo23 View Post
    To fans worried about the blue on the jesey, it is for an alternate kit. There are reliable sources that say that TFC are wearing a special alternate jersey that pays tribute to the Blizzard.
    If that's the third kit, then what's the second one, then?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adamo23 View Post
    Where are these reliable sources? Only a couple of teams got approved for third kits this year and I highly doubt TFC would be one of them considering we've never had one (unless you count that pink cancer awareness one). Also, "alternate" in football/soccer kit terms is often used interchangeably with "away," ie. alternate to the main shirt, so it could be that as well.

Quote Originally Posted by __wowza View Post
    seriously, if you see anything printed on this template. it's fake.
    Also if it's predominantly red or has the adidas stripes on the shoulders, it's likely fake.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was hoping the club would go for something really special. This one is in our colours and triggers acid flashbacks for fans of a certain vintage.

Huddersfield Town away kit '91-92. Electric tie-dye. Black shorts. Black socks. I'd sell it with a set of wax dentures to replicate this fella's Gilmour Gap. Seriously bad-ass look to wear at Saputo and sing:

Val-der-eee, val-der-ahhh,
    My big toe up your arse.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Men of breeding and distinction, of course, might prefer something a little less shocking and opt for a more classic and class above look. Nothing fits that bill like argyle.

Love what Marseille did a few years back with this beast:

If TFC are serious about brand building, they'd bring out one of these in traditional colours. It could be something the players wear, but the real goal is to get fans to wear it to places they wouldn't normally don TFC garb. Give it nice collars, cuffed sleeves, high-quality fabric. It's not meant to be cheap. Shrink the ads down to PGA Tour dimensions and move them onto the sleeves but keep the club crest as is.

They'd be giving us something to wear at the golf course, the yacht club, the tennis court, the curling hack, the polo pavilion, the concourse d'elegance rally, the cricket oval, or jai alai fronton - all the usual places Persons of Quality frequent where we're happy to look supportively sporty but don't quite want to be mistaken for a NASCAR fan or crew member.
    Last edited by greatwhitenorf; 02-22-2016 at 02:00 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If that new Kit has Blue in it.. because of the Argofication of the damn stadium I'm just not going to go any more..

I am a fan of Soccer, Toronto FC, and MLS... not the goddamn Argos. They have to know putting blue is going to piss the fans off...

I'm concerned don't read that as rage... yet... it could be come rage if the unveil a blue kit.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kaz View Post
    If that new Kit has Blue in it.. because of the Argofication of the damn stadium I'm just not going to go any more..

I am a fan of Soccer, Toronto FC, and MLS... not the goddamn Argos. They have to know putting blue is going to piss the fans off...

I'm concerned don't read that as rage... yet... it could be come rage if the unveil a blue kit.
    Kit with Blizzard blue in it. Hopefully an alternate.

But how would we know if its because of the Argos? That's just not going to be said.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Men of breeding and distinction, of course, might prefer something a little less shocking and opt for a more classic and class above look. Nothing fits that bill like argyle.

Love what Marseille did a few years back with this beast:

If TFC are serious about brand building, they'd bring out one of these in traditional colours. It could be something the players wear, but the real goal is to get fans to wear it to places they wouldn't normally don TFC garb. Give it nice collars, cuffed sleeves, high-quality fabric. It's not meant to be cheap. Shrink the ads down to PGA Tour dimensions and move them onto the sleeves but keep the club crest as is.

They'd be giving us something to wear at the golf course, the yacht club, the tennis court, the curling hack, the polo pavilion, the concourse d'elegance rally, the cricket oval, or jai alai fronton - all the usual places Persons of Quality frequent where we're happy to look supportively sporty but don't quite want to be mistaken for a NASCAR fan or crew member.
    I assume you mean just the style and not the colour people are taking issue with?

Because the above has Double Blue in it. Granted only one of those that the Argos use...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    You guys need to think hard about who is reading this thread, and how it could be used against the team.

Blue is the main colour of the City of Toronto flag. It's a legit choice as a colour.

The Blizzard homage idea is a pretty good one. (I like it personally, not that it matters much to me.)

This club is 10 years old, the idea that this is some kind of "tradition offense" is juvenile.

Re the Argos being blue, my suggestion is that people stay on message on focus on the field condition promises, a thread like this just confirms biases that MLSE will have that the soccer supporters are totally irrational and impossible to please, so why bother trying.
    Agreed.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think discussing this issue makes anyone think we've changed our priorities. It's just what's in front of us right now.
    Last edited by Fort York Redcoat; 02-22-2016 at 11:01 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    Kit with Blizzard blue in it. Hopefully an alternate.

But how would we know if its because of the Argos? That's just not going to be said.
    How are we supposed to see it.. Argos need a home, they shoved them in BMO right after two of three major MLSE partners bought it. (Well one major and Larry)

Now suddenly (if) blue goes into the TFC how is that not designed to allow blue to go into stadium of the "Reds" because well blue is in the TFC Away Jersey it has nothing to do with the Argos... What is to stop them from saying.. the blue sold well the new colours of TFC is going to be Blue.....and since it is we will put that argos logo beside the TFC Logo on the side because the blue fits..

I realize that is a conspiracy theory but we are already pissed with the Argos.. you don't put friggin blue in TFC Kit.

Again haven't see it yet.. don't know anything.. but if it does.. it is clear who the stadium was for.. BMO Field - Home of that one winter game the Leafs play, the Argos and TFC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I prefer not to put Blue in the TFC kit for several reasons but to act as if blue isn't the real legacy primary colour of every freakin' team in Toronto for the last 100+ years is the real lunacy in this thread.

Sheessh.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just so you know - 1/3 of MLSE are really not into the Argos coming to BMO and all the things associated with it.

2/3's of MLSE are pushin'.

This is why I keep saying that there will be an Argo's presence at BMO in the stadium construction thread.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by billyfly View Post
    I prefer not to put Blue in the TFC kit for several reasons but to act as if blue isn't the real legacy primary colour of every freakin' team in Toronto for the last 100+ years is the real lunacy in this thread.

Sheessh.
    Um 99 years.

The Toronto Arenas aren't a century old until next year. You're sooooooo eager.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Um 99 years.

The Toronto Arenas aren't a century old until next year. You're sooooooo eager.
    Um the 1860 Maple Leaf baseball team was blue to the best of my recollection. How people don't discuss that Baseball team's name when they discuss the Hockey leafs is beyond me.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Um the 1860 Maple Leaf baseball team was blue to the best of my recollection. How people don't discuss that Baseball team's name when they discuss the Hockey leafs is beyond me.
    Dude you're the one who said "every freakin' team". I don't know the colour scheme of hockey teams in Toronto pre Arenas.

You make a solid hypothesis with the Baseball and Rugby Football team, though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dude you're the one who said "every freakin' team". I don't know the colour scheme of hockey teams in Toronto pre Arenas.

You make a solid hypothesis with the Baseball and Rugby Football team, though.
    Sorry. The "Um" wasn't against you it was more directly to everyone in general.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I suspect the late news that BMO has renewed its sponsorship of the stadium and kit is one of the big reason we haven't seen the new away kit. I expect we'll be getting that announcement within the next day or so to capitalize on the buzz before the Leafs end up stealing it by announcing that they've traded the entire team away and Babcock and Carlton the Bear will be the only ones left

http://www.torontofc.ca/post/2016/02...ewal-bmo-field

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We could expect a leak or unveiling in the next coming days!
    https://twitter.com/torontofc/status/701812190001635328

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sheessh.
    I don't mind at all that my allegiance is totally given to the two non-blue teams in this market - TFC and Raptors. Examine the history of Toronto Sports though before you accept the blue wave.
    The Argos are the most logical of the bunch. A rowing club on Lake Ontario chooses Cambridge blue and Oxford blue, the historic home of rowing, as their colours. The football team grows out of that. Balmy Beach had a football team, wonder what colours they played in?
    Labatt's buys a baseball team and wants to link the marketing of this new team to their sales powerhouse beer at the time Labatt's Blue (when you're smiling, when you're smiling - I am revealing my age here) hence Blue Jays.
    Conn Smythe is the other guy involved. We know what a maple tree looks like. Green leaves in season, followed by spectacular red in the fall. The Canadian flag is based on the fall leaves. Why did Conn go blue as the colour of his shinny team? Connection to the Ontario Tory political machine of yore?
    Due to our provincial flags, it makes so much sense that TFC is red and Impact are blue.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I assume you mean just the style and not the colour people are taking issue with?

Because the above has Double Blue in it. Granted only one of those that the Argos use...
    Yes. In the opening sentence of the post you replied to I said "...bring out one of these in traditional colours."

There's no blue in TFC's tradition.

No, the examples I posted of the marvellous Marseille and Huddersfield shirts were simply to give illustrations of the cool options available to the club without resorting to adding the controversial shade of blue in this current season. Or any to come.

As someone who grew up ardently following the Blizzard, I have endorsed the idea of referencing them with a shirt in the past. But putting blue in just now, well, that's just taking a liberty with us. It's the colour of the club that spanked us 3-0 to bring a horrible end to last season.

I can't imagine Vancouver Whitecaps ever referencing their nearest rivals by wearing a shade of green, nor NY City ever putting red on their kits. You couldn't conceive of the Maple Leafs ever marring their image with the red of Detroit or Montreal on their uniforms.

History's great, but it'll just have to wait.

Simplest solution to fans who object to the blue: Don't buy one.
    Last edited by greatwhitenorf; 02-23-2016 at 09:54 AM.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Still Kicking View Post
    I don't mind at all that my allegiance is totally given to the two non-blue teams in this market - TFC and Raptors. Examine the history of Toronto Sports though before you accept the blue wave.
    The Argos are the most logical of the bunch. A rowing club on Lake Ontario chooses Cambridge blue and Oxford blue, the historic home of rowing, as their colours. The football team grows out of that. Balmy Beach had a football team, wonder what colours they played in?
    Labatt's buys a baseball team and wants to link the marketing of this new team to their sales powerhouse beer at the time Labatt's Blue (when you're smiling, when you're smiling - I am revealing my age here) hence Blue Jays.
    Conn Smythe is the other guy involved. We know what a maple tree looks like. Green leaves in season, followed by spectacular red in the fall. The Canadian flag is based on the fall leaves. Why did Conn go blue as the colour of his shinny team? Connection to the Ontario Tory political machine of yore?
    Due to our provincial flags, it makes so much sense that TFC is red and Impact are blue.
    Balmy Beach were Gold and Blue.
    The Leafs history is better known. It wasn't Conn's team yet but the Arenas were blue so it wasn't a stretch him using blue again when he moved past the St Pats Green.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bring back the grey away from the first season

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes. In the opening sentence of the post you replied to I said "...bring out one of these in traditional colours."

There's no blue in TFC's tradition.

No, the examples I posted of the marvellous Marseille and Huddersfield shirts were simply to give illustrations of the cool options available to the club without resorting to adding the controversial shade of blue in this current season. Or any to come.

As someone who grew up ardently following the Blizzard, I have endorsed the idea of referencing them with a shirt in the past. But putting blue in just now, well, that's just taking a liberty with us. It's the colour of the club that spanked us 3-0 to bring a horrible end to last season.

I can't imagine Vancouver Whitecaps ever referencing their nearest rivals by wearing a shade of green, nor NY City ever putting red on their kits. You couldn't conceive of the Maple Leafs ever marring their image with the red of Detroit or Montreal on their uniforms.

History's great, but it'll just have to wait.

Simplest solution to fans who object to the blue: Don't buy one.
    Wow. Sounds like your actually the target for this jersey but the Argos move ruined it for you. That's really too bad.

The impact have so little to do with this. I'm one who believes in the rivalry between us but I can't accept the mindset that ANY and ALL colour blue is wrong here. It's less a thing than sharing the Bank of Montreal Sponsor to me.

We have only a couple days to go and then we'll know officially how much blue, what blue, how much of a Blizzrd nod is it and HOW will it be worn: Alternate sounds like the way they'll go since they can wear it home and away. They will want as much use out of it this year and with this much written about it will prolly retire it next season.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^
    Imagine. Waiting to see the thing before passimg judgment.

Crazy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who rebrands after 10 years? It's not enough time to build tradition and history...onyx and red - why fuck with that? Why throw in a whole new colour after 10 years.
    They are way too desperate to make money off new kits every damn year.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Every team does a new jersey every year. In this game, that's income. Some people want to buy the new kit every season. The worst offenders are the EPL teams who put out at least 4 different jersey's per season.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shwade View Post
    Who rebrands after 10 years? It's not enough time to build tradition and history...onyx and red - why fuck with that? Why throw in a whole new colour after 10 years.
    They are way too desperate to make money off new kits every damn year.
    It's not a rebrand. It's a redesign. It's honouring history and celebrating a (young) milestone.

They are redesigning a kit every year. Like EVERY damn club that can afford to in the world.