Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KidA View Post
    Not sure about a pub beforehand. Anyone have suggestions? There is Kells Brew Pub, Goose Hollow Inn, and Leaky Roof Gastro Pub.
    Lets just pick one closest to field and go for it - which one is within reasonable stroll KidA ?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just received an email from Timbers FO

Good Morning!

The Portland Timbers are excited to have you visit the City of Roses and attend the Timbers vs Toronto match this Sunday!

To make your trip more enjoyable, I’d like to give you a heads up on what to expect when you get here.
    Your seats are in the upper SW corner of the bowl in a section (Section 223/Rows S & T) that will be shared with Timbers fans sitting below you. There will be about 16 Toronto fans in your area. The rows directly behind you will be covered. There will be a buffer row—Row R—in front of you as a separation between you and the Timbers fans.

Even so, because of the families being in close proximity, in front of you as well as across the aisle, we ask that you please refrain from using profanity during the game.
    Also, please be aware that we are a smoke-free facility and that there are no designated smoking areas or reentry into our facility.

If you have any questions or concerns while you are at the game, usher Renzo will be your dedicated guest attendant, and Kaleb, who will be down on the concourse level, along with Supervisor, Cheryl, are ready to help you out with whatever you need.

If you have any immediate questions or concerns just shoot me an email and I’ll do my best to answer them for you.
    The most commonly asked question is, where is the closest bar? There are many, but a couple of the favorites are the Cheerful Bullpen and the Kingston Bar & Grill. The Civic Taproom and Bottle Shop has opened up on 18thAve around the corner from the stadium. Not only do they have 22 taps, keg wines and offer Game Day deals but the walls are decorated with historical photos of the stadium. All are a half block away. A little further walk will get you to North 45, a soccer-environment bar with fabulous food and drink (517 NW 21st) and Kell’s Irish Establishment (210 NW 21st) which has proven quite popular. Of course, they will all be packed after the game!

I’m attaching a copy of our VSG Policies for more detailed information. Remember to enter through Gate 5, which is on 20th Avenue. You may enter up to 90 minutes before game time. Any flags and banners that you bring in will be checked as you enter Gate 5—please have them enter at the front of the line. Also, please note that all visitors will be “wanded” by security as well as have all bags checked before entering the stadium. As for egress, there may be a 15-minute “hold out” before you are able to exit.

Although we are experiencing a mixed bag of cool weather conditions this week, by Sunday we are expecting the weather to improve to partly sunny, with a high of 78/low of 56 degrees and a 0% chance of rain! If you are here for the weekend, Saturday will be only 65. If you’ve ever been to the Pacific NW before, you’ll know that the weather can change in a moment’s notice—so cross your fingers for nothing but sunshine! Also, please note that the stadium tends to be about 10-degrees cooler than anywhere else in the city.

See you this weekend and safe travels to you!

Cheers,
    Andrea
    Looks like we have pub options.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you are getting there early enough before the match, I'd highly recommend Deschutes. Great food, nice space (mostly indoors but some outside tables), and their beer range is very solid. It is popular, though, and does fill up.

Other good drinking spots (though not convenient for pre-match) are Prost and Apex, especially if you get a good day for a patio.

Ray: do you ever wear a TFC cap to matches? I was at the Timbers/Revs match last June and spotted someone inside the Keybank Club in a TFC hat, but failed to introduce myself. Wonder if that was you?

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just received an email from Timbers FO
    damn that's the nicest email I've seen in awhile haha

Have a good one all! I'm sorry not to make it out but so far/so much going on here right now.
    Looking forward to seeing Red on the screen in sea of green and yellow.

Cheers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yep and we need a Saturday evening meet up location as well.

Quote Originally Posted by dow117 View Post
    Can we decide on a pre game pub ... looks like only a handful of Reds so we will need an early start to become obnoxious before noon !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default TFC visiting Portland Timbers

Sorry guys for the delay/. Not sure why I am not getting alerts to messages being posted here. I will do my best to answer them all.

Quote Originally Posted by sloangraham View Post
    Ray: do you ever wear a TFC cap to matches? I was at the Timbers/Revs match last June and spotted someone inside the Keybank Club in a TFC hat, but failed to introduce myself. Wonder if that was you?
    Yes from time to time I do wear my cap or jersey or scarf, etc, etc. So yeah it could have been. I do run into others as well but usually they are here on some sort of business trip.

Kick off is 12:30 PM : so we need a breakfast pub around 1030 to set the tone ; so if you can recommend a meeting place near the ground , count me in for pre game...
    Some good spots around the stadium if that is the area you all thinking of. So I will focus on that area for now. If you guys need others let me know. PDX is all about the brunch so they take their brunch game with pride. Around the stadium I'd recommend are the following:
    Around the Stadium:
    -The Feisty Lamb
    -Leaky Roof Pub
    -Muu-Muu's

About a 10min walk (Like Liberty Village to BMO)
    -Tasty-n-Alder
    -Cherlys on 12th
    -Tilt
    -Clyde Commons

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Note to the travelling faithful....just saw this. Bag restrictions. Not sure it will apply to BMO but definately for those going to see the Reds in Portland

Its just a simple look in a bag for Alcohol or weapons. They rarely do a pat down. its a joke really.

I am up for pre , during and post game sessions !!!. Any news on meeting place pub in the morning game day ??
    I may be able to link up Sat night but not 100% just yet. Sunday Brunch and after I am in. My number is 971-276-4541 so text me or call me.

For just drinking before or after the game, I can recommend some spots by the stadium. If you guys are into the NW style beers, The Civic Taproom is across the street so close and its good. Goose Hallow Inn is nice but on Sundays they are normally closed. North 45 is a soccer bar and Timbers Army jump off spot so they are pretty cool spot to check out. Kells is nice before a game as well. After I would say play it by ear. Normally we pub hop along NW 21st or in the NW 13th/14th area of the Pearl District. River Pig Saloon and 10 Barrel are always good spots before and after the game!

So let me know what you guys want to do! I will try and help out as best as I can.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also want to mention the weather this weekend will be nice especially Sunday!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How about taking the FO advice , next to Stadium ... Civic Tap Room & Bottle Shop with the following beer selection for pre game cocktails - say 10:30 am ------->

As for Saturday night , give me a txt and we can meet up for a bit of a crawl ....

My cell is 778-385-8873 ( Nick )

Green flash segal ranch IPA | 4.5% | 65 IBU
    Commons madrone | 6% | 35 IBU
    Ex novo Elliot IPA | 6.6%
    Knee deep midnight Hopiness | 9.5% | 100 ibu
    Pelican kiwanda cream ale | 5.4% | 25 ibu
    knee deep stoutella | 6% |35 ibu
    Melvin asterisk | 9.5% | 88 ibu
    Melvin killer bees | 5.5% | 15 ibu
    Alpine duet IPA | 7% | 45 ibu
    Epic tart n tasty sour IPA | 5%

Cascade lakes hopsmack IPA | 6.4%
    Pelican tsunami stout | 7% | 45 ibu

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll probably start at Leaky Roof Pub for some food then head to Civic Tap Room. Looking forward to this weekend.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How about taking advice of FO and meet pre game at Civic Taproom & Bottle Shop next to Stadium ... say around 10:30 am Gameday
    My cell is 778-385-8873 (NICK)

As for Sat. night, txt me and we can meet for a bit of a crawl ....

These are beers on tap at Civic...
    Green flash segal ranch IPA | 4.5% | 65 IBU
    Commons madrone | 6% | 35 IBU
    Ex novo Elliot IPA | 6.6%
    Knee deep midnight Hopiness | 9.5% | 100 ibu
    Pelican kiwanda cream ale | 5.4% | 25 ibu
    knee deep stoutella | 6% |35 ibu
    Melvin asterisk | 9.5% | 88 ibu
    Melvin killer bees | 5.5% | 15 ibu
    Alpine duet IPA | 7% | 45 ibu
    Epic tart n tasty sour IPA | 5%
    NITRO: Cascade lakes hopsmack IPA | 6.4%
    Pelican tsunami stout | 7% | 45 ibu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll probably start at Leaky Roof Pub for some food then head to Civic Tap Room. Looking forward to this weekend.
    I think starting at Leaky Roof is an excellent idea actually and then to Civic Room. Not sure how the lineup will be to get it for food, but worth a shot. Let me call them and see if they can block off a section for Supporting Fans if you guys are cool with that? Say for 10 or 10:30?

Civic Room is good for an after spot before the game. it does get busy in there so it will be standing room most likely but I am sure we will only be there for one or 2

FYI, the stadium accepts credit cards and debits at all the concession stands including the alcohol. Only ones that don't are the ones that carry it around the stadium or in the stands. This is a nice thing about the stadium. You don't have to have a wad of cash!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ramangill View Post
    I think starting at Leaky Roof is an excellent idea actually and then to Civic Room. Not sure how the lineup will be to get it for food, but worth a shot. Let me call them and see if they can block off a section for Supporting Fans if you guys are cool with that? Say for 10 or 10:30?

Civic Room is good for an after spot before the game. it does get busy in there so it will be standing room most likely but I am sure we will only be there for one or 2

FYI, the stadium accepts credit cards and debits at all the concession stands including the alcohol. Only ones that don't are the ones that carry it around the stadium or in the stands. This is a nice thing about the stadium. You don't have to have a wad of cash!
    Sounds Great - thanks Ramangill

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So Leaky Roof doesn't do reservations on Timbers game day. Not even for visiting fans. Lady was super rude. Let me talk to the manager and also some other spots in the area and see who can accommodate. How many people roughly we think will show up?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So Leaky Roof doesn't do reservations on Timbers game day. Not even for visiting fans. Lady was super rude. Let me talk to the manager and also some other spots in the area and see who can accommodate. How many people roughly we think will show up?
    According to Timbers FO there should be 16 of us at the game. As for pre-game I'm going with at least 10 or so.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok guys. So here is the deal. Of the places around the stadium, none of them will take reservations on game day. With that said, all of them said that we are welcome to come around 10AM and just wait for a table. They all said around that time should be easy to get in and accommodate us. So with a group of 10-12(being conservative) , we can do Leaky Roof, Kells Irish Pub or Kingston Bar. Those 3 are all around the stadium. They serve food and drinks. My vote would be for Leaky Roof first and Kells second.

As a secondary option, we can always meetup for brunch and drinks at another spot a little further away and then make our way over? If we just want some light breakfast like breakfast sandwiches then I'd recommend Tilt. They have a bar in there as well. Just down from there is another tavern called Brixx Tavern.

Just putting options out. You guys tell me what you guys like to do.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok guys. So here is the deal. Of the places around the stadium, none of them will take reservations on game day. With that said, all of them said that we are welcome to come around 10AM and just wait for a table. They all said around that time should be easy to get in and accommodate us. So with a group of 10-12(being conservative) , we can do Leaky Roof, Kells Irish Pub or Kingston Bar. Those 3 are all around the stadium. They serve food and drinks. My vote would be for Leaky Roof first and Kells second.

As a secondary option, we can always meetup for brunch and drinks at another spot a little further away and then make our way over? If we just want
    some light breakfast like breakfast sandwiches then I'd recommend Tilt. They have a bar in there as well. Just down from there is another tavern called Brixx Tavern.

Just putting options out. You guys tell me what you guys like to do.

My 2 cents, as you suggest , lets get to Leaky Roof by 10 and then to Kells. If we can agree on that , lets do it as time is nigh
    I will proceed on that basis ... thx Ramangill , you have worked hard to help with this
    Cheers and see you on the ice !!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Leaky Roof works for me. Make sure you bring sunglasses as it will be a warm one on Sunday.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Leaky roof at 10Am. See you guys there. Leicester winning the premiership at Old Trafford should be over by 8:30.

I'll be up for an Satuday night meet up as well if there are any takers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hamilton_Red View Post
    Leaky roof at 10Am. See you guys there. Leicester winning the premiership at Old Trafford should be over by 8:30.

I'll be up for an Satuday night meet up as well if there are any takers.

We are up for Sat night meet - my cell is 778-385-8873: (NICK) Give me a txt . We are staying near the field so close to everything .. Let us know

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know if I'd pay $35 USD to see Bob Saget tonight, but it's tempting

http://pdxpipeline.com/2016/04/25/bo...club-portland/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bob Saget - LOL

Happy hour at The Benson Free Oregon wine. 309 SW Broadway, Portland, OR 97205, USA

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I'm gonna do this Saget show. Going to aim for the one that starts in an hour. Where's everyone going to be later tonight... like 9-10ish?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We ended up wandering around Powell's for a while and then ended up at Ground Kontrol Arcade. Now we are ready for 10am brunch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Portland is one of my top 3 favourite cities in the US; great food and drink, slightly eccentric (but very friendly) people, and the scenery along the Columbia River and Mt. Hood is spectacular. And their stadium ain't shabby either...hope everyone out there enjoys themselves today.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Making my way down now guys. Sorry about yesterday. I got in late last night. Spent the day in the Gorge.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If people are still looking for us we are headed to Civic Tap Room

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pretty good showing given the distance. Enjoy!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sloangraham View Post
    Pretty good showing given the distance. Enjoy!

Always love to see the Road Warriors !!

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It was a great outing despite the result. We should have scored 4 or 5. Good seeing the west coast road warriors as always!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks to everyone who came out to Portland for this match. It was a blast to meet up once again. Hopefully next time we will get the result we deserve. I'm still surprised that they got away with running that chainsaw behind Irwin during the free kick. Should we look into a travelling trombone player to go behind the away teams gk? They could continuously play the sad trombone sound during every attempt.