Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    School and camp days, the Marlies do some during their sesson, so not surprised !!
    That's nice. Considering the rep told me that the games during the week would be late enough to get to after work.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    In the last two seasons I am kind of surprised TFC has not played at least one March game at the Rogers Centre just to break the road trip up and keep the team in the public eye...
    This year they were breaking up some of the concrete floor to put in the dirt infield for baseball. I'm not even sure if they will still be able to shift the 100 level stands into the football/soccer configuration. Apart from the Argos last year (and possibly supercross and monster trucks in the winter?), they've recently been avoiding that set-up as much as possible. I think the last NFL Bills game and last soccer friendly there were in late 2013.
    http://www.thestar.com/sports/soccer...tre_grass.html

In looking at TicketBastard and the Rogers Centre website, the only non-baseball events (GnR and Beyoncé) scheduled also show the seats in baseball configuration.
    Last edited by Heepster; 04-13-2016 at 01:47 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i love weekday games, the weekends have enough to do in the summer months, but im not the majority.

I love breaking up the week with a nice wed game

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After spending a fortune on the Pan Am Soccer stadium - I would have thought that would be the place for a home game to break up the long road trip.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For anyone interested, TFC has announced the Promo nights and 'Heritage series'

For the most part the promos are usual things TFC gives away (Toques on the last home game, Fireworks for Canada day).
    The Heritage Series are teh home games when our white alternate kit will be on display with either the red or blue shorts.

Some of the new giveaways look interesting but for the most part I am one of those supporters that just wants to see the game.

http://www.torontofc.ca/promotional-nights

http://www.torontofc.ca/tickets/heritage-series
    Toronto FC,#CMNT & #CWNT, Scotland, Heart of Midlothian FC, Tottenham Hotspur FC
    "The Harder the Struggle, The Greater the Reward" - @OsoJ92

AWAY DAYS - CHICAGO August 2017, MONTREAL March 2018

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hamilton_Red View Post
    After spending a fortune on the Pan Am Soccer stadium - I would have thought that would be the place for a home game to break up the long road trip.
    ML$E would rather have allllllll your money, instead of winning.
    its like Mr. Krabs runs ML$E, vanney is spongebob, bez is squidword

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cas87 View Post
    The Heritage Series are teh home games when our white alternate kit will be on display with either the red or blue shorts.

Wearing argo colours at home? The wedge is already widened, shit.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ITS DIPSY'S HAT!!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How many bad ideas do marketing have to have before they back the fuck off, leave our colours alone, leave the name alone, and let us do the supporting without their cue cards, chant competitions and dumb as fuck promotions?

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hamilton_Red View Post
    Not in Hamilton. Canada sure, not Toronto.

Quote Originally Posted by Onyx View Post
    ML$E would rather have allllllll your money, instead of winning.
    its like Mr. Krabs runs ML$E, vanney is spongebob, bez is squidword
    I don't see how not moving Toronto to Hamilton for a game means they care more about money. I don't see many people clamouring for a Toronto game in Hamilton.

Not that that old and faulty logic needs a Sponge Bob reference, anyway. What a time for it. Our most expensive and successful team in history.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cas87 View Post
    For anyone interested, TFC has announced the Promo nights and 'Heritage series'

For the most part the promos are usual things TFC gives away (Toques on the last home game, Fireworks for Canada day).

Some of the new giveaways look interesting but for the most part I am one of those supporters that just wants to see the game.

Quote Originally Posted by ExiledRed View Post
    How many bad ideas do marketing have to have before they back the fuck off, leave our colours alone, leave the name alone, and let us do the supporting without their cue cards, chant competitions and dumb as fuck promotions?
    The heritage colour was a mistake. It barely looks like a Blizzard or Metros-Croatia nod.

The lumping our own heritage to soften the blow is pretty obvious but on their own sans the new kit I don't see the harm. Autograph sessions?

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ExiledRed View Post
    Yeah they don't give a shit. Unfortunately people need to do shit to keep they're marketing jobs. They should work on managing relationships with supporters instead of coming up with shitty ideas.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by zeelaw View Post
    Yeah they don't give a shit. Unfortunately people need to do shit to keep they're marketing jobs. They should work on managing relationships with supporters instead of coming up with shitty ideas.
    The only bit I read that could go south are the 3 card giveaways. They are gonna get thrown at a loss.

The silly hat getting thrown would be hilarious or for a hat trick. Win-win.

These are still not as bad as years gone by with free cheese night.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by zeelaw View Post
    The people that are coming up with these ideas for promotions etc... Don't have anything to do with what I have bolded in your comment. Secondly, these marketing people are not doing these things for the supporters, it is done for the average fans.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Limited number of item x given away is done to get casuals into the stadium on time, honestly surprised they haven't gone full bobblehead yet.

What they won't do if offer reasonably priced beers and food pregame in the stadium to get people in the stadium early.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pint View Post
    Limited number of item x given away is done to get casuals into the stadium on time, honestly surprised they haven't gone full bobblehead yet.

What they won't do if offer reasonably priced beers and food pregame in the stadium to get people in the stadium early.
    Done - $5 buds on the patio pre game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Done - $5 buds on the patio pre game.
    If it wasn't a thimble of terrible beer it may actually attract people. Much better deals without having to listen to a terrible DJ in liberty village.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pint View Post
    If it wasn't a thimble of terrible beer it may actually attract people. Much better deals without having to listen to a terrible DJ in liberty village.
    Oh, I agree.....but they are at least trying something.

Something I have noticed following Liverpool on Snapchat. Nobody has been at the stadium during the warm ups for any game outside of Dortmund. Our issue is people actually getting in there before the 25th minute.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yep, the game day giveaways are okay but they are never going to attract people away from food and beer in liberty village.

It has been suggested to them but they don't really want to go for the idea that what they are doing isn't really an enticing proposition.

$6 tall cans and $5 slice of pizza/hotdog/sausage and a ton of people that would have previously gone somewhere else are not in BMO (and i would like actual BMO not the patio, we have a southend patio area now that barely gets used).

ugh so many rants the past few days... someone give me a beer and point me to saputo.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheGoodson View Post
    The people that are coming up with these ideas for promotions etc... Don't have anything to do with what I have bolded in your comment. Secondly, these marketing people are not doing these things for the supporters, it is done for the average fans.
    True. It's just so lame.