Quote Originally Posted by GabrielHurl View Post
    you won't when you click the link
    I did, had a good laugh at my desk...... hens the thank you lol

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Would love to get two tickets in the supporters section for the May home opener against FC Dallas. Me and my brother.
    TORONTO FC, 2017 MLS CHAMPIONS!!! (Still the greatest in league history!)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Sooooooooo they just don't care to get more then 21K of TFC fans?

And the discussion about a roof (which has been around as talk for awhile) has nothing to do with keeping rain off of a stadium that is cracking with water damage?
    It's been a long time since they had to worry about a 21k capacity for soccer. 3 years of selling and filling the stadium would have been far preferable to expanding an empty stadium. If the stadium wasn't designed for the outdoor elements then the roof isn't going to fix that problem. If we think that this round of stadium changes are anything other than for the Argo's then we are deluding ourselves and buying the MLSE spin machine. When they announce that the grass doesn't work for multi-use and put astro back in - they will have to make a new DP signing to distract angry TFC fans. It's their MO.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyway - back to the schedule... May 1st in Portland will be an awesome road trip for us West Coast reds!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hamilton_Red View Post
    It's been a long time since they had to worry about a 21k capacity for soccer. 3 years of selling and filling the stadium would have been far preferable to expanding an empty stadium. If the stadium wasn't designed for the outdoor elements then the roof isn't going to fix that problem. If we think that this round of stadium changes are anything other than for the Argo's then we are deluding ourselves and buying the MLSE spin machine. When they announce that the grass doesn't work for multi-use and put astro back in - they will have to make a new DP signing to distract angry TFC fans. It's their MO.
    why would MLSE invest 150 million in renovations on a stadium to help a team they don't own and is rapidly losing money?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hamilton_Red View Post
    Well really it's winter classics with the Argos as the excuse. They also want to protect the competitive position of that venue.

The last thing they want is another stadium in the city somewhere that could give rise to competition. Now given the Argos under previous ownership were quite far away from pulling that off, but you never know who shows up in the future.

The Argos themselves don't warrant any investment. They just happen to have a bunch of things around them that make it easy to invest in a stadium and front them as the supposed beneficiary.
    Last edited by ag futbol; 01-09-2016 at 12:59 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Of the 17 homes games last season, only 5 had less then 21K in ticket sales.

I look forward to 2017 when, after at least 1 home playoff game, we get home games earlier and get some buzz going.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is there a thread started for the Montreal game in May?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    Is there a thread started for the Montreal game in May?
    Actually was referring to the Aprii 23rd game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Got same roadies targeted already, starting with the April 23rd game away to Montreal.

It's going to be good!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm still pissed that they are starting with all these road games again just crazy! Yes I know why of course but this is going to play a factor in making the playoffs for one and getting a home playoff date that this club has never had. It's almost like MLSE does not care enough for all these potential loss of points right off the bat putting the team behind the 8 ball early in the season. They care more for making the stadium winter classic and Grey Cup ready than the care of the soccer team in the 2016 season. Maybe they could have added some temporary seats at Lamport or something so that some home games could have been played at home instead of playing all these games on the road. The potential for missing out on the playoffs and especially missing out on a home playoff date again is very real with the potential of a slow start of the season with all these road games. It just puts the team once again up against it from the start from a team that has had such a lousy history on the field from it's inception.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SoccMan2 View Post
    I'm still pissed that they are starting with all these road games again just crazy! Yes I know why of course but this is going to play a factor in making the playoffs for one and getting a home playoff date that this club has never had. It's almost like MLSE does not care enough for all these potential loss of points right off the bat putting the team behind the 8 ball early in the season. They care more for making the stadium winter classic and Grey Cup ready than the care of the soccer team in the 2016 season. Maybe they could have added some temporary seats at Lamport or something so that some home games could have been played at home instead of playing all these games on the road. The potential for missing out on the playoffs and especially missing out on a home playoff date again is very real with the potential of a slow start of the season with all these road games. It just puts the team once again up against it from the start from a team that has had such a lousy history on the field from it's inception.
    Made the playoffs last year. 1 win away from a home game.
    Not a big deal. Teams that want to complete for the trophies need to win away.
    Plus I enjoy having 3-4 home games in a row in the summer, rather than dressing up like in going on an Alaskan expedition in an end of March home game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That away streak of games this year seems to be ok for me. Coz I will be there for at least two of the 8. Definitely doing season opener in NJ and limpact game and Montreal. Hopefully more

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Made the playoffs last year. 1 win away from a home game.
    Not a big deal. Teams that want to complete for the trophies need to win away.
    Plus I enjoy having 3-4 home games in a row in the summer, rather than dressing up like in going on an Alaskan expedition in an end of March home game.
    completely agree all of this, march games suck

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mateo1985 View Post
    That away streak of games this year seems to be ok for me. Coz I will be there for at least two of the 8. Definitely doing season opener in NJ and limpact game and Montreal. Hopefully more
    In the last two seasons I am kind of surprised TFC has not played at least one March game at the Rogers Centre just to break the road trip up and keep the team in the public eye. Just a thought as two months can really keep you out of sight, out of mind especially with the Blue Jays popularity being where it is right now.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    In the last two seasons I am kind of surprised TFC has not played at least one March game at the Rogers Centre just to break the road trip up and keep the team in the public eye. Just a thought as two months can really keep you out of sight, out of mind especially with the Blue Jays popularity being where it is right now.
    We agree Red CB.
    The Rogers Centre is not the best place to watch a match.
    However, March 7, 2012 was a blast with the match between TFC and LA Galaxy.
    In addition, I believe the next year we had one MLS regular season match in March at Rogers too.
    J&M

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JayMolly View Post
    We agree Red CB.
    The Rogers Centre is not the best place to watch a match.
    However, March 7, 2012 was a blast with the match between TFC and LA Galaxy.
    In addition, I believe the next year we had one MLS regular season match in March at Rogers too.
    J&M
    Yep there home opener vs. KC was at the Rogers Centre because of BMO Field not being suitable in cold weather.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Completely forgot about Rogers Centre lol. Yeah it'd be awesome to have one there Red

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

but the KC game was awful at the RC. It was half empty and had less than no atmosphere. Even during the game against the Galaxy the atmosphere wasn't amazing because the sound didn't travel well at all. It looked great, but it sounded kinda dead.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SoccMan2 View Post
    Lamport? No thanks. I've played there and I wouldn't want our team to. I wouldn't want them to play in any other stadium but our own for a home game. Galaxy CCL game was special but the KC game was like an Argos attendance or if any Voyageurs remember Canada vs USA in Detroit...

I don't know why you'd mention the teams history like it's even comparable. I guess that first team had to be on the road for a while to start as well but there's not much else to cling to comparison-wise.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Where is Stade Suputo? I'm considering taking Via to Montreal for the Apr 23rd game. If so can I easily get from the train to a hotel near the stadium? Can I get around the area without a car?

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Where is Stade Suputo? I'm considering taking Via to Montreal for the Apr 23rd game. If so can I easily get from the train to a hotel near the stadium? Can I get around the area without a car?
    Stay in town and take the metro to Stade Saputo. There's not much else out that way.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stade Saputo is located at Station Viau, which is easily accessible via Metro from downtown Montreal. I believe the green line takes you there.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BUMP

Home game day times should drop today, now that the CFL is out.

Vancouver already announced May 14th game here is at 7:30 PM.

Evening Saturday game ...hmmmmm.

Impact announce times as well

28th August game against Montreal also at 730 pm (that's a night time Ex game people)

AND.......TFC home opener is at 7:30 per TSN announcement.
    Last edited by OgtheDim; 02-19-2016 at 11:17 AM.

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ours should be hitting ..... now
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

Twitter: @RPBPhil

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post

New Communications Director already behind Vancouver and Montreal who have their full times out.....
    Last edited by OgtheDim; 02-19-2016 at 11:42 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    Montreal has released their tv schedule with kickoff times.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TSN National Times

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ugh ... Montreal on a Sunday at 5 pm, still no way I will miss it though !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    TSN National Times

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC press release

The complete broadcast schedule and remaining kick-off times will be announced at a later date.

Oh FFS.

ITS A HOME DATE SCHEDULE FIRST, THEN A BROADCAST SCHEDULE.

Now not only do we have to work around CFL times and dates, now we gotta work around effing Blue Jays cause Rogers can't figure out how much resources they want to provide to broadcasting our home games so our home game times will move around.