Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Onyx View Post
    i am too ... i think last year was 8 too if you include the amway game

That is the truth, made the trip to that one, my second road game in four days, just a few before the home opener.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love how you can come to this discussion board and within a few minutes have a variety of summer travel options provided to you.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Voyageur Cup schedule is out

2016 Amway Canadian Championship(home team listed first)

11 May 2016
    Preliminary round - first leg
    FC Edmonton v Ottawa Fury FC

18 May 2016
    Preliminary round - second leg
    Ottawa Fury FC v FC Edmonton

1 June 2016
    Semi Final 1 - first leg
    Ottawa Fury FC/FC Edmonton v Vancouver Whitecaps FC

Semi Final 2 - first leg
    Toronto FC v Montreal Impact

8 June 2016
    Semi Final 1 - second leg
    Vancouver Whitecaps FC v Ottawa Fury FC/FC Edmonton

Semi Final 2 - second leg
    Montreal Impact v Toronto FC

21 or 22 June 2016
    Final - first leg

28 or 29 June 2016
    Final - second leg

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    The Voyageur Cup schedule is out

2016 Amway Canadian Championship(home team listed first)

11 May 2016
    Preliminary round - first leg
    FC Edmonton v Ottawa Fury FC

18 May 2016
    Preliminary round - second leg
    Ottawa Fury FC v FC Edmonton

1 June 2016
    Semi Final 1 - first leg
    Ottawa Fury FC/FC Edmonton v Vancouver Whitecaps FC

Semi Final 2 - first leg
    Toronto FC v Montreal Impact

8 June 2016
    Semi Final 1 - second leg
    Vancouver Whitecaps FC v Ottawa Fury FC/FC Edmonton

Semi Final 2 - second leg
    Montreal Impact v Toronto FC

21 or 22 June 2016
    Final - first leg

28 or 29 June 2016
    Final - second leg
    Thanks for posting. Title edited to reflect update.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, our V-Cup chances just took a huge hit.

All games in June, while the Copa America and Euro are on. Likely no DPs for us.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

21/22 Vcup Final first leg

24/25 First Argos Home Game?

28/29 Vcup Final last leg.

Sure we have to go through Montreal to get these dates but I believe performance against them will decide the order in home and away legs. The better we do the more likely we'll be seeing the earliest possible test for the surface.

(Not that it could be worse than the worst Vancouver game at BMO. Just saying this will intro the new era in groundshare.)
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Home field advantage would go to the highest remaining seeded team. Vancouver is 1, we are 3. So unless the unlikely happens and Edmonton or Ottawa get past Vancouver, we'll be playing on the 21/22. (I'll be cheering for Edmonton or Ottawa against Vancouver!)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hit up the game in San Jose in August if you want to do the west coast thing , the bay area is one of the most parts of North America.
    Argh, I'm going to miss being in the area by two days. I'm supposed to be in San Francisco on the 7th.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

People need to keep in mind as well, Canada may play El Salvador in early September here in Toronto in WCQ. That also may be added to the schedule.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmmm.....June 1st - I suppose if I'm going to be out of town, that's the one to be out of town for.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Hmmm.....June 1st - I suppose if I'm going to be out of town, that's the one to be out of town for.
    Same here, I could be on a plane that day heading to San Fransico for the Copa America.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So this is interesting. Turns out teams have the choice of whether to play during FIFA dates or not.

http://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2016/0...ow-its-created

MLSsoccer.com: How does it work with scheduling around things like the US Open Cup, CONCACAF Champions League, and FIFA dates?

Pursel: FIFA dates are optional for clubs to play on; it’s their choice. From a league perspective, we see the value in having them be honored, meaning no MLS games take place. But we also respect that our teams may want to play on those dates if they’re not going to lose many players to call-ups.

It may deliver them a better schedule based on the rhythm and flow of the whole season. Because if you don’t play on a FIFA date, that means that game will most likely fall into a mid-week somewhere else, which could complicate scheduling and travel. So we allow our teams to decide that based on their preferences.
    TFC is one of 3 teams this year (along with Montreal and Orlando) to have 0 games scheduled during FIFA windows. So that means less absences for us due to international duty, but I assume more mid-week games or less byes.
    Last edited by notthesun; 01-08-2016 at 02:58 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC1154ever View Post
    People need to keep in mind as well, Canada may play El Salvador in early September here in Toronto in WCQ. That also may be added to the schedule.
    CSA is happy with attendance in vancouver .. doubt it comes back here for a while ... i think there is a thread on this
    Last edited by Onyx; 01-08-2016 at 03:15 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So was is the date of the MLS Cup? Moreover, will the playoff format stay the same, will there still be the one game knockout round before the home and away rounds begin, moreover, will the home and away playoff format remain?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

CSA is happy with attendance in vancouver .. doubt it comes back here for a while ... i think there is a thread on this
    Not what I'm hearing. Depending on the severity of the game, the game might be played here. Players don't mind Vancouver but, would prefer to play on grass. Remember that Toronto also got 20,000 out for the game against Panama in WCQ last cycle. It's not a guarantee but, don't be surprised if it's in Toronto in early September.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good reminder. Probably Tuesday September 6th, the day after Labour Day. Fit's nicely, during TFCs international break.

In terms of BMO Field scheduling, there is also the Italy-Canada rugby test match somewhere between June 10 and June 26th. I'll put my money on June 11th, given TFC playing on June 18th, and rumours of CFL on June 25/26.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not what I'm hearing. Depending on the severity of the game, the game might be played here. Players don't mind Vancouver but, would prefer to play on grass. Remember that Toronto also got 20,000 out for the game against Panama in WCQ last cycle. It's not a guarantee but, don't be surprised if it's in Toronto in early September.
    There is a whole thread on this
    .. but based on CSA/Floro comments
    - the pro-canadian atmosphere is way better than toronto (obviously the games here were against dogs)
    - they can open the roof and let cold in without affecting the surface (this doesn't matter in summer)
    - the knowledge of the surface provides a competitive advantage vs latin american clubs

Obviously this could all change after the mexico game

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nfitz View Post
    Good reminder. Probably Tuesday September 6th, the day after Labour Day. Fit's nicely, during TFCs international break.

In terms of BMO Field scheduling, there is also the Italy-Canada rugby test match somewhere between June 10 and June 26th. I'll put my money on June 11th, given TFC playing on June 18th, and rumours of CFL on June 25/26.
    I doubt it ... first week of CFL preseason is June 10 and we play home on June 18 during week 2.
    So the argos will have a home preseason game around the 10-11th during the MLS break.
    My guess rugby will be played midweek ... maybe Jun 14th/15th. Plus they can get on tv this way. They won't on the weekend because TSN is broadcasting CFL preseason games.
    Last edited by Onyx; 01-08-2016 at 04:12 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    So this is interesting. Turns out teams have the choice of whether to play during FIFA dates or not.

http://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2016/0...ow-its-created

TFC is one of 3 teams this year (along with Montreal and Orlando) to have 0 games scheduled during FIFA windows. So that means less absences for us due to international duty, but I assume more mid-week games or less byes.
    This is an amazing piece of information.

We have had so, so many games wrecked by this over the years. It is effing stealing to charge regular prices for games on FIFA dates, we had 3 or 4 every single year. Dozens overall.

I want to get Beirne and Anselmi back just to answer for this.

Glad the team are finally doing the right thing.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is a whole thread on this
    .. but based on CSA/Floro comments
    - the pro-canadian atmosphere is way better than toronto (obviously the games here were against dogs)
    - they can open the roof and let cold in without affecting the surface (this doesn't matter in summer)
    - the knowledge of the surface provides a competitive advantage vs latin american clubs

Obviously this could all change after the mexico game
    My information I get is from the players. I'm not saying it's 100 percent certain to be in Toronto but, to your points

- The Honduras game is comparable to the Panama game last cycle. Both 20,000 with Pro Canadian crowds. And like you said, the games in Toronto that drew flies would have in Vancouver because they were against minnows.
    - The game in early September won't matter if the roof will open or not. If anything, it might be colder in Toronto at that time.
    - This one I agree with but, if this is the same El Salvador team (players wise) that played against us in November, Canada has a big player quality gap over them. The reason Canada couldn't impose themselves in that game was because the pitch must have been the worse thing I've ever seen in my life. Couldn't take one touch without the ball bouncing. I would rather Canada play them on a nice grass pitch compared to Turf, which I actually like that they are playing Mexico on. I believe this game if marketed right and if this game means them going though or not, could easily get 25,000 to BMO. On top of all that, the players themselves want to play at BMO because of the grass and easier travel for the European players.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One advantage vancouver had was they were just coming off a huge WWC crowd and they had they hype of a few new big commitments.

I would assume the game in the fall is back in toronto but who knows.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Remember that CSA has a deal to play a game per year at BMO field. So there will be at least Canadian national soccer game (either men or women) some point in 2016.

If CMNT gets pass group stage, then they could possibly play at BMO field in October/November as well.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    This is an amazing piece of information.

We have had so, so many games wrecked by this over the years. It is effing stealing to charge regular prices for games on FIFA dates, we had 3 or 4 every single year. Dozens overall.

I want to get Beirne and Anselmi back just to answer for this.

Glad the team are finally doing the right thing.
    I would have to think this is a recent change to the rules as we can all remember the most infamous match affected by international callups in 2008 vs. Chivas. From everything I remember TFC asked the league with Chivas's blessing for a date change and the MLS FO refused and thus their was a scramble to bring in players on short term loans/deals.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cashcleaner View Post
    Not the best schedule for myself. There's a lot of Sunday games in 2016 which I'll never be able to watch or attend at BMO Field because of work. Also, an 8-game away stretch at the start of the season is crazy, but I guess it's all about making sure the stadium is finished and in top shape. I guess I'll take it. Better to have more home games than usual in the back-end of the season, I suppose.
    8 game road trips for two whole seasons to begin the year is a hell of a price to pay to enhance the stadium for the Argos.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hamilton_Red View Post
    8 game road trips for two whole seasons to begin the year is a hell of a price to pay to enhance the stadium for the Argos.

Yes because you know those upgrades are not for TFC supporters at all.........

Note - BMO will have the best beer selection in the CFL? Why? Because it will have more then 3 choices.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would have to think this is a recent change to the rules as we can all remember the most infamous match affected by international callups in 2008 vs. Chivas. From everything I remember TFC asked the league with Chivas's blessing for a date change and the MLS FO refused and thus their was a scramble to bring in players on short term loans/deals.
    That was the game where I first began to question being an SSH. They asked to move the game the week of the game.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Yes because you know those upgrades are not for TFC supporters at all.........

Note - BMO will have the best beer selection in the CFL? Why? Because it will have more then 3 choices.
    They didn't build the second tier on the East side for extra TFC fans...they aren't knocking down the North stand for TFC fans... they didn't decide that after 8 years TFC fans need a roof...

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    That was the game where I first began to question being an SSH. They asked to move the game the week of the game.
    I figure they must have been surprised by some of the international selections but who knows.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hamilton_Red View Post
    They didn't build the second tier on the East side for extra TFC fans...they aren't knocking down the North stand for TFC fans... they didn't decide that after 8 years TFC fans need a roof...

Sooooooooo they just don't care to get more then 21K of TFC fans?

And the discussion about a roof (which has been around as talk for awhile) has nothing to do with keeping rain off of a stadium that is cracking with water damage?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SoccMan2 View Post
    So 8 away games to start the season again in a league where the away teams rarely win, a lot of dropped points right off the bat, the pressure will be even greater to win the home games even more than usual. Moreover, add on the fact that some of our better player will be gone for the Copa America and the Euro and it does not look good at all, yes I know the league is shutting down for the Copa but I'm sure players will still miss games for training camp for the Copa. I will call it now will be lucky to make the playoffs never mind a home playoff game.

No time for truths , We we are getting the old TO sporting shaft , that seems to occur to most TO teams . With Gio gone for call ups , Bradley , Altidore never mind CNMT where , again does the team unity develop ? And then , getting an average goalie who can't steal a few games . We are setting ourselves up for failure . And maybe better than average success is simply asking too much , considering all the obstacles . MLSE probably realizes this hence , new roof , Argos whatever , just keep the wheel turning .
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana