Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd expect the first Argos game to be Friday June 24th or Saturday 25th - as that's the CFL season kick-off

TFC games on June 18th, then the Argos, then TFC July 2nd and 9th, Argos 16th, TFC July 23rd and 31st, then August 3rd and 6th too.

That's 9 games in 8 weeks on the field.

Ignore the Sept 16/17 in blue - that can't happen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2016/0...edule-rankings

Right off the MLS website - looks like they agree with TFC getting one of the more easy schedules.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GabrielHurl View Post
    I'd expect the first Argos game to be Friday June 24th or Saturday 25th - as that's the CFL season kick-off

TFC games on June 18th, then the Argos, then TFC July 2nd and 9th, Argos 16th, TFC July 23rd and 31st, then August 3rd and 6th too.

Its actually pretty good ... basically 7 days between futbol and football

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There's friendlies and the possibility of the Canadian Championship final to add in there too (last year there was a friendly in July and the CC final was in August)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

probably may11 or may 25 for semi and Aug 24 or 31st for final for amway

are they going to do a friendly? ... last years must have been a financial bloodbath for MLSE

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GabrielHurl View Post

Not to get too far ahead of ourselves, but Oct 26/27 and Oct 29/30 are potential playoff dates for us......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hope not. More than anything else I think that we are a MUCH more sophisticated footy market then the marketing boffins at MLSE take us all for. Truly don;t believe that friendlies grow the TFC brand and likely don;t make the club much coin. Not to be a hypocrite totally I would pay to go see Arsenal (my premier league club) but NO ONE else.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

An interesting point from the MLS website:

" FIFA dates are optional for clubs to play on; it’s their choice."

I suppose this is new, considering how many clubs are not playing during the in-season FIFA windows. This is nice to see.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Argos will open at home on the weekend of June 24th-25th - opening weekend - they are unlikely to play the Canada day game at home.

The day I am circling to see how the field does is Wed the 28th of September.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bgnewf View Post
    hope not. More than anything else I think that we are a MUCH more sophisticated footy market then the marketing boffins at MLSE take us all for. Truly don;t believe that friendlies grow the TFC brand and likely don;t make the club much coin. Not to be a hypocrite totally I would pay to go see Arsenal (my premier league club) but NO ONE else.
    Agreed (well not the Arsenal thing but anyway)!

BTW, Betcha Impact end up with a visit from Chelsea as part of any future Drogba deal!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So 8 away games to start the season again in a league where the away teams rarely win, a lot of dropped points right off the bat, the pressure will be even greater to win the home games even more than usual. Moreover, add on the fact that some of our better player will be gone for the Copa America and the Euro and it does not look good at all, yes I know the league is shutting down for the Copa but I'm sure players will still miss games for training camp for the Copa. I will call it now will be lucky to make the playoffs never mind a home playoff game.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SoccMan2 View Post
    So 8 away games to start the season again in a league where the away teams rarely win, a lot of dropped points right off the bat, the pressure will be even greater to win the home games even more than usual. Moreover, add on the fact that some of our better player will be gone for the Copa America and the Euro and it does not look good at all, yes I know the league is shutting down for the Copa but I'm sure players will still miss games for training camp for the Copa. I will call it now will be lucky to make the playoffs never mind a home playoff game.
    Lol. Toronto.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sad to see summer weeknight games disappear totally.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wouldn't of to take in the Portland game, sadly I am traveling to Mexico that week! No road games for me this year

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bgnewf View Post

http://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2016/0...edule-rankings

Right off the MLS website - looks like they agree with TFC getting one of the more easy schedules.
    Those 8 road games don't seem easy to me, I guess it all evens out with the later home stands.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The very end of October to the beggining of November is what I always feared....playoffs with TFC and Argos, could TFC have a game just days after or just a day before the Argos have to play? very little time to prepare!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by james View Post
    The very end of October to the beggining of November is what I always feared....playoffs with TFC and Argos, could TFC have a game just days after or just a day before the Argos have to play? very little time to prepare!!
    That has always been my concern. A wet fall afternoon...getting cooler. Argo playoff game that can't be delayed because of their tsn overlords.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    Road trip to start the season: Red Bulls, NYC, SKC, Rapids, Revs, D.C., MTL, Portland.

You'd have to target NYC and Colorado as the games we should win. Then if we can manage a win out of the Revs, D.C., or MTL, we're at 9 points and clear of the bar set by Manning.

We also don't play the Galaxy away, where we seem to always get crushed. And no Seattle away either, always nice to avoid the turf monster.

May 1st game away to Portland is our only one broadcast on the main ESPN network.
    I'm not so sure about NYC. Last season, we only got 1 point in 3 games - and that 1 point after a Gio hat trick.

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

despite feeling like we're in the deep freeze of offseason this time of year, warms my heart to see the tfc calendar feed (http://www.torontofc.ca/schedule/download) update and start filling itself in automagically :-)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.torontofc.ca/post/2016/01...eason-schedule

Based on TFC schedule can anyone explain why we play NYCFC and Philly only twice. I thought it was mandatory to play all Eastern Conference teams 3x each to make it even.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Sad to see summer weeknight games disappear totally.
    There is still the Canadian Championship

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DinamoTFC View Post
    http://www.torontofc.ca/post/2016/01...eason-schedule

Based on TFC schedule can anyone explain why we play NYCFC and Philly only twice. I thought it was mandatory to play all Eastern Conference teams 3x each to make it even.
    REGULAR SEASON:

• Each of the 20 MLS clubs will play 34 games, 17 at home and 17 away.
    • Clubs will play each team in the opposing conference once for five (5) home and five (5) away matches
    • Clubs will play each of their nine conference opponents at least twice (one home, one away)
    • Clubs will play six additional intra-conference games – three (3) home and three (3) away

http://pressbox.mlssoccer.com/conten...nd-regulations

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'm so ridiculously excited for the season it's not even funny.

Quote Originally Posted by TFCwestcan View Post
    Those 8 road games don't seem easy to me, I guess it all evens out with the later home stands.
    it's about tempering our expectations. last season busa, ivy and i had a conversation about the road stretch, and how pulling out 6 points still would've put us in a good position, while 9 points would've had us rolling strong after 8 games.

this league is notoriously hard on away teams, but on the plus side the travel and accommodations also give players a chance to bond (as tacky as it sounds). this is something that should always favour us with the repeated influx of talent we pick up in the offseason. if you spend enough time around someone living, working, etc, you can eventually read their mind.
    Last edited by __wowza; 01-08-2016 at 01:29 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blizzard View Post
    Agreed (well not the Arsenal thing but anyway)!

BTW, Betcha Impact end up with a visit from Chelsea as part of any future Drogba deal!
    Agreed , well not the Chelsea one
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not the best schedule for myself. There's a lot of Sunday games in 2016 which I'll never be able to watch or attend at BMO Field because of work. Also, an 8-game away stretch at the start of the season is crazy, but I guess it's all about making sure the stadium is finished and in top shape. I guess I'll take it. Better to have more home games than usual in the back-end of the season, I suppose.
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFCwestcan View Post
    Wouldn't of to take in the Portland game, sadly I am traveling to Mexico that week! No road games for me this year
    We were hoping for a match this summer in Vancouver or Seattle.
    Guess we have to re-think our travel plans?
    Perhaps TFC at the New York Red Bulls in May?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm finding it really strange that everyone is surprised by the 8 game road trip. Last year started pretty much the same (7 games) and, the club has been saying this would happen for months now.

Anyways...looking forward to a second season of Giovinco with, hopefully, a stronger squad all around. Time to sign a keeper!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JayMolly View Post
    We were hoping for a match this summer in Vancouver or Seattle.
    Guess we have to re-think our travel plans?
    Perhaps TFC at the New York Red Bulls in May?
    Hit up the game in San Jose in August if you want to do the west coast thing , the bay area is one of the most parts of North America.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FRANKIE65 View Post
    I'm finding it really strange that everyone is surprised by the 8 game road trip. Last year started pretty much the same (7 games) and, the club has been saying this would happen for months now.

Anyways...looking forward to a second season of Giovinco with, hopefully, a stronger squad all around. Time to sign a keeper!!
    i am too ... i think last year was 8 too if you include the amway game

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    Hit up the game in San Jose in August if you want to do the west coast thing , the bay area is one of the most parts of North America.

instead spend your money on portland ... its the best experience in MLS