Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by molenshtain View Post
    definitly going to jersey, no way i'm going to yankee stadium. The less money in the hands of slave owners the better.
    Yankee Stadium is great location in the actual city of NYC, its just an awful stadium for Soccer, they should of never got into the MLS league without an official new stadium under construction, I don't think they have any land purchased, from what I gathered they are still struggling to find any land in NYC to build on, mostly looking hard at a West Side location at the very tip of Manhattan, just across the river from The Bronx and just facing New Jersey. It would be great if they get that built, but they were looking at that location I believe even back in 2011, and nothing yet has been done. I think there is difficulties building it, but they probably have no where else to build in NYC, they could end up building a stadium outside of NYC in the end, could end up further from the heart of NYC then Red Bulls are.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by james View Post
    Yankee Stadium is great location in the actual city of NYC, its just an awful stadium for Soccer, they should of never got into the MLS league without an official new stadium under construction, I don't think they have any land purchased, from what I gathered they are still struggling to find any land in NYC to build on, mostly looking hard at a West Side location at the very tip of Manhattan, just across the river from The Bronx and just facing New Jersey. It would be great if they get that built, but they were looking at that location I believe even back in 2011, and nothing yet has been done. I think there is difficulties building it, but they probably have no where else to build in NYC, they could end up building a stadium outside of NYC in the end, could end up further from the heart of NYC then Red Bulls are.

there's essentially a zero percent chance they get a stadium in manhattan. Garber knew that. He sold his soul to serial human rights abusers for a little more exposure league wide as a brand. It was never going to work. the team that plays at yankee stadium will be the last team to fold in MLS.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would suggest people going down verify security rules before they go.

The NYRB vs CBus game in the conference finals had long lines because of rules put in place after the Paris attacks. Not sure if they will be continued but worth looking into in February.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

there's essentially a zero percent chance they get a stadium in manhattan. Garber knew that. He sold his soul to serial human rights abusers for a little more exposure league wide as a brand. It was never going to work. the team that plays at yankee stadium will be the last team to fold in MLS.

Uh, no.

They had a plan for Queens, and they now have a plan being worked on for a ground share with Colombia near the top of the Island.

And this team won't fold. Have you seen the attendance figures?

I know you don't like the owners but don't create fantasy stuff.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Porter has flights for $270 return taxes in.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Uh, no.

They had a plan for Queens, and they now have a plan being worked on for a ground share with Colombia near the top of the Island.

There has been plans in 3 boroughs, all of which have been quickly shot down for various reasons. I've heard and read that there is very little progress on the columbia front from people in new york. Maybe that will change but the over-riding theme of their search for a stadium is that they don't seem to understand the gravity of what they want to do - build a soccer specific stadium in a city deeply deprived of space - being that they are asking for so much and looking to put so little into the project. One of the writers who covers that "team" wrote this: http://fusion.net/story/217487/mls-n...new-york-city/
    It pretty much sums it all up. It's like they want to be treated like royalty or something.

And yes i've seen the attendance figures. They were massively inflated for a large portion of the season and then were bumped a bit when lampard and pirlo came. Their owners have shown a complete disregard for how things work in this league, and that will lead to their eventual demise.
    Last edited by molenshtain; 12-23-2015 at 08:49 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would suggest people going down verify security rules before they go.

The NYRB vs CBus game in the conference finals had long lines because of rules put in place after the Paris attacks. Not sure if they will be continued but worth looking into in February.
    I always get their early after pre-game beers at Catas, which is about a 10 min walk to the stadium.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    Bus deal is so cheap and the Porter flight at $112 is in Canadian dollars, so that helps a lot. No brainer for me, especially considering that the home opener is two months into the season.
    Yeah the travel deal is great no argument there. It is just the other part in US $ that would kill my budget, hotels, food, spending money. Every away trip I have been to I usually take my family too so multiply most of those things by 4 people and that about does it for me and my budget I will be with everyone in spirit. Who knows I may win a lottery...

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

...And yes i've seen the attendance figures. They were massively inflated for a large portion of the season and then were bumped a bit when lampard and pirlo came. Their owners have shown a complete disregard for how things work in this league, and that will lead to their eventual demise.
    Saw the games. Some papering but not much going on.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love seeing this excitement for the team this time of year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NYFC is not going anywhere, they did better than expected attendance wise, I went to a game there and the stands we pretty full, even games I watched on TV the crowds were always good. MLS needs a team right in the NYC so if they ever build a stadium it will be inside the city. Yankee stadium is not ideal but you can't beat that location.
    Last edited by SoccMan2; 12-23-2015 at 01:22 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Megabus is good in the sense that there's tables, wifi, and plugs for chargers.
    Make sure you reserve the comfy seats though. Some of the seats you can get there have no leg room.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

By the way. Any chance of the official bus or something?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mateo1985 View Post
    By the way. Any chance of the official bus or something?
    The Supporter's Section is looking into it. It would be an either/or scenario .... either the 6th or the 13th. Estimated/ballpark price is $235.

The key is commitment. As you'll remember, they offered up a bus to Montreal for the final regular season game but it was cancelled due to lack of uptake.

See the link below.

http://www.u-sector.ca/index.php?/fo...mment=22103337

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Booked a flight home after the game on Porter (7:25pm) with other RPB member: TFC/Everton

See you all in NY!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by djcuse View Post
    Booked a flight home after the game on Porter (7:25pm) with other RPB member: TFC/Everton

See you all in NY!!
    Can't wait!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would definitely be interested in going with the official bus. I will buy the mega bus now and then cancel it if the official bus turns up to be a possibility.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by djcuse View Post

See you all in NY!!
    Booked the same flight , looking forward to it big time.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=OgtheDim;1776151]I would suggest people going down verify security rules before they go.

We agree. We went to Detroit for the home opener with the Maple Leafs.
    The Joe has a clear bag policy. They wouldn't even allow women to bring in a purse larger than 9" x 6".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How long will that porter 112$ deal last? I will book it when I get home tonight

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How long will that porter 112$ deal last? I will book it when I get home tonight
    Return flight from Newark on the 6th is now $128

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ The more everybody checks it, the higher it's going to get.
    Last edited by eustacchio; 12-23-2015 at 05:13 PM.
    Toronto 'til I die - but I think they're trying to kill me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah the price now is 149 taxes in

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What did I just say?

Try clearing your cache/going incognito.
    Toronto 'til I die - but I think they're trying to kill me.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah the price now is 149 taxes in
    I just checked www.flyporter.com and it was $128. Porter tends to have advertised seat sales more often than not so would not be surprised if something pops up soon. Airline ticket prices tend to jump around too based on the day of the week especially on sites like Expedia, which as mentioned above track your visits and know what you have been looking at.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It was 148 because it asked me to pick my seat for 20$. I will check again to see if I can avoid that

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eustacchio View Post
    What did I just say?

Try clearing your cache/going incognito.
    you were spot on bro

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I want to go to New York in March to watch TFC play. If the dollar didn't tank so badly this past year, I would definitely consider. And with two different back to back games being played, I don't know which is the best one for us as a group of supporters to go to. GAAAAA, but my head hurts. And it's not from the end of the work year booze that's doing it!

If anyone is planning on taking a flight to Newark using Porter, wait until Boxing Day as they have awesome deals available on all flights. That's how I booked my trips to Montreal for the matches against the Limpact in 2012 and 2013.

Hot pastrami on rye at Katz's. Coal oven pizzas at Lombardi's. Walking across the Brooklyn Bridge. Getting totally lost in Central Park. Those are the things to look forward to in New York if you're going.
    TORONTO FC, 2017 MLS CHAMPIONS!!! (Still the greatest in league history!)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

remember when garber wouldn't allow a team without a a permanent SSS being constructed for them within 3 years of their first season?
    yeah.. that was fun.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Uh, no.

It seems a bit more complicated then that. They have looked at many locations, the 3 most likely I believe first 1 being in Queens (next to NY Mets stadium) another was in The Bronx right next to Yankee Stadium and 3rd was sharing a ground at Colombia University at the very tip of Manhattan in I think would be Hudson Heights? The best would be next to Yankee Stadium. However they have yet to come up with any deals finalized. I am not sure the details but it seems they are still rather far from getting land purchased and a stadium under construction. I believe there is many hurtles and hoops to still jump through to get any of these deals done. And might not get any. Tho I hope they do, its good for MLS if this team can get a stadium in NYC and in a Soccer stadium, awful looking at them play at Yankee stadium, which back to my original opinion, they should of never got into the league without a stadium ready to be built and finalized.
    Last edited by james; 12-23-2015 at 07:48 PM.