Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
    RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Special Use Sticky Information Official news blurb for anyone who might be searching around here for information

The TFC season kickoff is March 6th away at NYRB. The start of a new campaign (and start of a long road stretch) has more than a few of us fired up. Maybe you fancy a bit of travel and a day out in enemy territory? You can join the RPB Road Warriors travelling to Red Bull Arena too. Away supporter ticket arrangements have been made (Visit this ticket link, use promo code TFC16). To help with the cause, we’ve arranged bus transportation as well. So if you're interested in getting on the bus, and we have the numbers, we'll be on the road representing for the Reds (Reserve your seat here) Stand with your fellow supporters & celebrate the new season! (Of course we'll be getting together at home as well too!)

Browse/ask questions/participate in discussions ongoing below!
    Last edited by ChrisFizik; 01-28-2016 at 11:28 PM. Reason: info

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default TFC to kickoff the season March 6th at the Red Bulls.

The Reds will be kicking off their 2016 season on Sunday January, 6th in Harrison, New Jersey vs. the Red Bulls. Will be great to get a good contingent of us out for it to support the Reds. The game is the first of six on the schedule for the league on their opening day. TFC will also be in New York City the next Sunday, March 13 to the face NYCFC up in the Bronx.

After several weeks on the road to started the season due to BMO Field renovations the home opener for the Reds is May 7 vs. Dallas.

Use the link and password below for Tickets:

https://oss.ticketmaster.com/aps/nyr...cda764c3da1ed0

Ticket code: TFC16

Last edited by Red CB Toronto; 01-28-2016 at 12:00 PM.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll pitch for gas to whoever drives.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also at NYCFC on March 13th, a Saturday if that works better for some.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

“Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Easy travel to start the year is pretty nice. These should be some good games.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah I plan to get to the season opener.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That is going to be a looooong day of watching MLS.

We are the kickoff game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does anyone know when TIX will go on sale? Would love to purchase some for Xmas gifts.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

$15 Mega Bus available if anyone is interested in some cheap travel.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    $15 Mega Bus available if anyone is interested in some cheap travel.
    Say worddddddd.
    How long is the bus ride?

edit: just looked it up. 12 hours.
    38$ total... Sounds like planning may occur in the coming days.
    Last edited by Ivy; 12-22-2015 at 04:07 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

12 hours...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Leaning towards 3/6, will go to one or the other. Airfares look ok.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gmacpheetfc View Post
    12 hours...
    Megabus is good in the sense that there's tables, wifi, and plugs for chargers.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm tough decision btwn attending NYRB vs NYCFC. I'm kinda leaning to NYCFC (lies on march break) but I'll make a decision when the full schedule comes out to see if we have an extra game at either venue.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DinamoTFC View Post
    Hmm tough decision btwn attending NYRB vs NYCFC. I'm kinda leading to NYCFC (lies on march break) but I'll make a decision when the full schedule comes out to see if we have an extra game at either venue.
    Same here

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For anyone who does not know New York / New jersey at all, I flew from Toronto Island (Porter) to Newark International Airport in August (Prime tourist season) for $240 round trip. I Got a train from Newark International Airport for $7.50 to Penn Station (in the heart of Manhatten), took all of about 20-25 mins on the train. But we passed New York Red Bull Arena on the way, it was what must of been only about 10 minutes from Newark Airport, had we got a different train ( they have many different extensive trains from Newark Airport into Newark, Manhatten, Philadelphia and else where) we could of got a train straight to the stadium. Its a quick journey if you flying. You might even get a cheaper flight in March!
    Last edited by james; 12-23-2015 at 02:27 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Id say NYCFC would be a great road trip as well into The Bronx, on a great Subway Line, except the Yankee stadium looks awful for Soccer. Id rather visit the beautiful Red Bull Arena...even if it is in ugly Harrison (a lot of industrial neighbourhood in Harrison and around Newark) but still. And its actually a quick train from Red Bull Arena to Mid Town Manhattan where everything is. You can easily get a hotel in Manhattan Midtown (tho Manhattan is expensive) and be at the stadium in no time...or for a low price you can even get a cheap hotel in Newark and the surrounding area. Tho Id recommend to still stay in Manhattan if anything.
    Last edited by james; 12-23-2015 at 02:25 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Booked my bus ride down Friday night and a Porter Flight back home Sunday evening 7:25 PM. Got a flight on the 6th after the game for Porter home for $112 one way from Newark within 20 min of the stadium, so a good 2 hours at the pub near the stadium, pretty good deal. Porter sales are on a lot so keep your eye out.

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Booked my bus ride down Friday night and a Porter Flight back home Sunday evening 7:25 PM. Got a flight on the 6th after the game for Porter home for $112 one way from Newark within 20 min of the stadium, so a good 2 hours at the pub near the stadium, pretty good deal. Porter sales are on a lot so keep your eye out.
    Great deal! Was thinking about doing the exact same thing. The $15 9am Friday bus is such a steal. and that's a great price for flight after the game. Where do u plan on leaving your personal items during the game? Assume your staying in a hotel?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Detroit_TFC View Post
    Leaning towards 3/6, will go to one or the other. Airfares look ok.
    Will be in NYC/NJ for the game on the 6th, come for that one, much better place to watch a game than Yankee Stadium. Getting into town the Saturday morning and heading out at 7:25 pm Sunday night after the game. Come for that game. Will also also be in CBus for the US WCQ.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by djcuse View Post
    Great deal! Was thinking about doing the exact same thing. The $15 9am Friday bus is such a steal. and that's a great price for flight after the game. Where do u plan on leaving your personal items during the game? Assume your staying in a hotel?
    I have walked into RBA with full suite cases with no issue with a very chill look into the bag, one of the easiest places to take a bag into. None of those NFL rules. One time came straight from the airport, so all is good.

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have walked into RBA with full suite cases with no issue with a very chill look into the bag, one of the easiest places to take a bag into. None of those NFL rules. One time came straight from the airport, so all is good.
    Cool i'll be packing light anyways since it would only be for 2 days.. A gym bag and good to go.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by djcuse View Post
    Cool i'll be packing light anyways since it would only be for 2 days.. A gym bag and good to go.
    That will be totally good with those RBA security type. Also just booked my Porter flight home after the game for $112 all in at 7:25 pm the evening of the game.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would consider this if the CDN dollar wasn't so shit. I don't feeling like losing so much cash on the exchange rate. Bus deal sounds great.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    I would consider this if the CDN dollar wasn't so shit. I don't feeling like losing so much cash on the exchange rate. Bus deal sounds great.
    Bus deal is so cheap and the Porter flight at $112 is in Canadian dollars, so that helps a lot. No brainer for me, especially considering that the home opener is two months into the season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Boo MLS.... it's an established tradition that TFC start the season on the West coast... this year's script was that it would be against Portland Timbers. The script writers should be fired.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

definitly going to jersey, no way i'm going to yankee stadium. The less money in the hands of slave owners the better.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hamilton_Red View Post
    Boo MLS.... it's an established tradition that TFC start the season on the West coast... this year's script was that it would be against Portland Timbers. The script writers should be fired.
    Maybe that's a good thing.
    No BMO + east coast start = title contenders.