Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    Thanks for clarifying that buried tweet that says they define "Well before" as The night before.

It's there in full view. This is a good thing. The way they handle public communication isn't so great.
    It's more likely that the Star inaccurately quoted him, given he immediately clarified what he told them (3 months ago!).

Hopefully having to deal with a possible conflict between the home-advantage semi-final and the Grey Cup is a problem we have, given it means we most likely finished number 1 in the division.

But really, seems like making a mountain out of a molehill at this point, given our decade-long track record!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A night before the grey cup with a field fully painted for the game would be enough to keep me away from the game.

Just because someone does their homework doesn't mean its correct or that they will pass the test.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nfitz View Post
    It's more likely that the Star inaccurately quoted him, given he immediately clarified what he told them (3 months ago!).

Hopefully having to deal with a possible conflict between the home-advantage semi-final and the Grey Cup is a problem we have, given it means we most likely finished number 1 in the division.

But really, seems like making a mountain out of a molehill at this point, given our decade-long track record!
    So positive concerning the communication and so negative on our chances. At least you leave a little room for hope.

Glad this won't concern you though. Celebrate.

Oh and it was five days after that he responded to someone via tweet convo. Since we're exclaiming details.
    Last edited by Fort York Redcoat; 01-05-2016 at 01:24 PM.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So when will the MLS implement goal line technology? Actually I can't think of any goal controversies last season but I think it's time MLS considered bringing it in, I mean not allowing a legitimate goal because the officials believed it did not go in when it actually did is crazy in this day and age with all the technology around.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pint View Post
    A night before the grey cup with a field fully painted for the game would be enough to keep me away from the game.

Just because someone does their homework doesn't mean its correct or that they will pass the test.
    can't see any chance we play any home game within 6 days the grey cup, Bell/TL has $9-$10million profit on the line. Its TSN's biggest day of the year with millions $ on the line. no chance anyone gets near the playing surface in those days.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by troy1982 View Post
    Exactly, so who will have more pull on MLSE, MLS and ESPN or the CFL and TSN.
    Keep in mind MLSE owns TFC and only has a contract to manage the Argos with only 2/3 of MLSE owning the Argos.
    Also ESPN owns a small piece of TSN.
    I so want this conflict to happen
    i don't think ESPN or fox give a crap about MLS, its just something they are required to show it get the USMNT rights. until the ratings improve, this will always be the case.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SoccMan2 View Post
    So when will the MLS implement goal line technology? Actually I can't think of any goal controversies last season but I think it's time MLS considered bringing it in, I mean not allowing a legitimate goal because the officials believed it did not go in when it actually did is crazy in this day and age with all the technology around.
    this is a must ... especially with every game on tv/mlslive now .. at least go with TV appeals if not the full FIFA technology

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In the future, I'd really like to see the Supporters Shield given more importance. For me, there's a lot less luck in winning the Shield than the MLS cup. For the Shield, you need to be consistently great, for the MLS Cup, you need to get hot for a month or so.

Maybe have the winner of the league go directly to the MLS Cup final and have a playoff system to determine the other finalist. You'd probably need a balanced schedule for this to work though, because you'd need to take in account the strength of each conference.