Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    A double pivot with a "real DM" would be contradictory. a double pivot means one drops while the other advances. Having a pure DM go forward whenever hte ball was on his side of the field would be a waste of offensive position. For a double pivot to work, you need two true two-way mids. We don't even have one (except may Colin Warner, and I don't think anyone's under the impression he's good enough offensively.)

Hmm....I guess what I'm thinking is Bradley wants to work in a double pivot so needs to be in one with a DM, even though really it won't be a double pivot - more like a pulley system with one pulley going up and back more often.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

4-4-3

----------------Altidore-----------------
    --Giovinco------------------*Winger*--
    ---------Osorio---------Bradley---------
    -----------*CDM Destroyer*------------

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bobo View Post
    4-4-3

This right here. We need a DM to sit period. Honestly think this is our best formation. The pivots and all this won't work, Bradley will roam and over commit.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

4-4-3?

Are we solving the GK problem by just not using one next year then? Or are they giving us a break and letting us use an extra player to even the field?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

4-4-3

I'd very much like to see this tried next year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    4-4-3?

Are we solving the GK problem by just not using one next year then? Or are they giving us a break and letting us use an extra player to even the field?
    I count 6 plus back 4 plus keeper?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I see it as a GK, 4 defenders, 4 mids, and 3 forwards. The 4-4-3 that is.

This line up is drawn out as either a 4-3-3 or 4-5-1. I think this would be okay but Seba won't stick to it. Probably better to push Seba central and put Osorio up where Seba is or else push Bradley up central, drop Osorio, and add another deeper CAM. Unless of course Osorio can handle that position and work with a good new DM destroyer. That would be a real bonus but I don't know if he is game for it yet. His passing is getting much better and he has some pace. In my eyes it wouldn't be too far fetched that Osorio could grow into doing what Cheyrou was doing this season but do it with younger legs (but less vision unfortunately). Vanney likes experimenting so why not try it out in the spring and see how he does.

--------Osorio---------Bradley---------
    ----------*CDM Destroyer*------------

Last edited by Ultra & Proud; 11-06-2015 at 03:32 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    4-4-3?

Typo, obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by pdubs View Post
    I count 6 plus back 4 plus keeper?
    Yes, that would make 11.

I was certain this was what Vanney was going to use when they picked up Findley. Surely the plan wasn't to make him a right mid or a 4th striker.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was certain this was what Vanney was going to use when they picked up Findley. Surely the plan wasn't to make him a right mid or a 4th striker.
    Was Vanney at all involved with choosing Findley though or was it just Bez grabbing another ex-USMNT player to make it a big US love in on the TFC first team?

Starting to think Vanney and Bez aren't on the same page.

And to go with this; we picked up Gomez, another ex-USMNT player and Vanney never really gave him a sniff.

Just all seems odd.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

4-4-3

If we can keep Cheyrou for 200k or less I'd put him in ahead of Oso but otherwise this has to happen next season

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    If we can keep Cheyrou for 200k or less I'd put him in ahead of Oso but otherwise this has to happen next season
    I'd keep him too ideally, but they'd need cap space to sign at least one capable winger and CDM, without taking into account the defensive mess. Sacrifices are going to have to be made somewhere.

Findley I assume is (thankfully) out of contract?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd keep him too ideally, but they'd need cap space to sign at least one capable winger and CDM, without taking into account the defensive mess. Sacrifices are going to have to be made somewhere.

Findley I assume is (thankfully) out of contract?
    Journos seem to think Findley is coming back on a renegotiated contract.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I actually prefer a 4-2-3-1 with essentially a midfield triangle, with Bradley at the apex. A bit harder on Givinco to be on the left but with a holdup player - Moore or Gomez would work perfectly well in this role, but Altidore if he is playing - we could be very effective. Creates a problem for Oso (where is his position?) but properly defends the back four. And you could still use Cheyrou here if a good defensive player was beside him.. Man U is playing like this right now. Could also put Gio up front but no place for Jozy then

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    I actually prefer a 4-2-3-1 with essentially a midfield triangle, with Bradley at the apex. A bit harder on Givinco to be on the left but with a holdup player - Moore or Gomez would work perfectly well in this role, but Altidore if he is playing - we could be very effective. Creates a problem for Oso (where is his position?) but properly defends the back four. And you could still use Cheyrou here if a good defensive player was beside him.. Man U is playing like this right now. Could also put Gio up front but no place for Jozy then
    Why couldn't Osorio play on the right of the front 3 (other than his lack of pace)?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kamp Berg View Post
    Why couldn't Osorio play on the right of the front 3 (other than his lack of pace)?
    he could. Has to keep out Delgado or Findley there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    We saw with the 4-2-3-1 that Seba gets isolated at ST and can't get into the game as much. It also eliminates the crossing game. Having him on the wing is no problem, he's played there many times over his career.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamp Berg View Post
    The pace factor is key but I also don't think he has the eye for goal. He has CM written all over him, let's not start hoping for another year of playing guys out of position.