Page 9 of 86 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The east and west will have some sort of wind screen behind them i believe but at this point who knows.

When it rains some people will stay dry but a fair number will still get wet, i just hope the configuration doesn't turn bmo into a wind tunnel.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheGoodson View Post
    the purpose of the high roof has nothing to do with TFC...

As discussed many times over this was done so that BMO can be expanded with temporary seating for the Grey Cup (which no one watches) and the winter classic
    Seriously can we stop this narritive. The Grey Cup ratings are higher then any TFC game. Not to mention the impact financially to the city that hosts it. Saying anything different then the straight facts sounds like whining about nothing.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BuSaPuNk View Post
    Seriously can we stop this narritive. The Grey Cup ratings are higher then any TFC game. Not to mention the impact financially to the city that hosts it. Saying anything different then the straight facts sounds like whining about nothing.
    The financial impact isn't a big deal. That's a fact. The benefit to Toronto is less about money than exposure. The attention this stadium will garner as being a home for the Grey Cup will help the terrible image for the club that lives here. But ratings are incredible across Canada.

Ratings for the events are undeniably great thanks to the rest of Canada outside the GTA.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I watched part of the Grey Cup. ��

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

More so than the grey cup those temp seats are for the winter classic during the leafs centennial season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eastend View Post
    I watched part of the Grey Cup. ��
    Did it happen already? I thought it was next weekend.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    The financial impact isn't a big deal. That's a fact. The benefit to Toronto is less about money than exposure. The attention this stadium will garner as being a home for the Grey Cup will help the terrible image for the club that lives here. But ratings are incredible across Canada.

Ratings for the events are undeniably great thanks to the rest of Canada outside the GTA.
    The CFL is doing very well in other markets. For some of those cities, these CFL teams are either the only ticket in town or they have found their niche and are catering to their market quite nicely.

The Argos fan base is getting older. Aside from the children of those who are currently Argo fans, there are not many new fans rallying to the club.

The same fans who didn't enjoy the games at old exhibition stadium are the same fans that are carrying this teams attendance. Only now, they are much older and less accepting to being exposed to the elements. Hell, that was one of the reasons they moved from Exhibition Stadium - the elements were too much for the fan base to endure!

Moving the Argos to BMO field is a bad move for the Argos fan base. Sure the younger generation will love it, but they make up a small portion of the overall Argos fan base

Look at the stadium renderings. the wind will blow right through that thing. It will still be cold as hell in there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe the mistake by the lake (Argo fan lingo from way back) MKll, will be the final nail in the coffin of the good ship Argonaut.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Argos will never fold so long as Bell owns them. They're the loss-leader for TSN broadcasts and CFL relevancy as a national league. Remember why the CSA hasn't announced a Canadian soccer league yet like they were supposed to? They can't find investors for Toronto and Vancouver, so they figure its not viable without those two markets. It's the same with the CFL and the Argos.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimiv View Post
    Did it happen already? I thought it was next weekend.
    Yes, Grey Cup was this past Sunday, MLS Cup next Sunday.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by A Stick View Post
    Maybe the mistake by the lake (Argo fan lingo from way back) MKll, will be the final nail in the coffin of the good ship Argonaut.
    They should've hooked up with a University and built a small stadium that catered to their market. Instead they are running around trying to feed off the success of other brands, hoping that will inject new energy into the club. It's a lazy recipe from an incompetent ownership.

We'll see how the roof plays a factor with the elements. But from what I'm seeing, and what was said in the town hall meetings, that stadium was built with the idea of having winds travel through the stadium in order to help with grass growth.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post
    They should've hooked up with a University and built a small stadium that catered to their market. Instead they are running around trying to feed off the success of other brands, hoping that will inject new energy into the club. It's a lazy recipe from an incompetent ownership.

We'll see how the roof plays a factor with the elements. But from what I'm seeing, and what was said in the town hall meetings, that stadium was built with the idea of having winds travel through the stadium in order to help with grass growth.
    We all realize were all part of the same ownership group right?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*cough* pics

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

There are similar pieces that own both TFC and the Argos, yes. Your point?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agreed, the ratings are higher than a TFC game shit pretty much anything is higher than a MLS game let alone a TFC game, but if you go and breakdown the demographics of who watches the CFL it is significantly older then all other sports in Canada... Go to any sporting event in the city and you can see that TFC, Marlies & Raptors have the youngest fan bases and the Jays are starting to get younger fans.

Also, I am not denying the economic impact of the game.

For the record I'm not arguing about economic impact of hosting the game. My point is the

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pint View Post
    The east and west will have some sort of wind screen behind them i believe but at this point who knows.

When it rains some people will stay dry but a fair number will still get wet, i just hope the configuration doesn't turn bmo into a wind tunnel.
    The roof on the east side does actually meet the back of the grandstand. The west side is another story all together. I don't know if the gap is to make it easier to rebuild or modify the west side the gap appears to be quite big.

It will be terrible for television as (as with Philadelphia), we'll end up with the shadow of the roof on the pitch, then a sunlit gap and then the shadow of the stand. It will visually awful.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We are and we aren't! MLSE does not own the Argonauts. Two of the owners of MLSE own the Argonauts. It's not quite the same and the current situation will not be quite as advantageous to the Argos as it would have been if MLSE owned the club. Rogers held out and are, or so I've heard, doing their best to ensure that the Argos do not get any sweetheart deals. I doubt we'll ever know if they do or don't.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blizzard View Post
    We are and we aren't! MLSE does not own the Argonauts. Two of the owners of MLSE own the Argonauts. It's not quite the same and the current situation will not be quite as advantageous to the Argos as it would have been if MLSE owned the club. Rogers held out and are, or so I've heard, doing their best to ensure that the Argos do not get any sweetheart deals. I doubt we'll ever know if they do or don't.
    Well considering MLSE the organization are hiring people for Argo specific jobs makes it seem like its a full organizational effort to work with the Argos.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post
    There are similar pieces that own both TFC and the Argos, yes. Your point?
    Well saying there piggy backing off success of other brands in there portfolio doesnt really show incompetent ownership now does it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exactly!

If Rogers (Scumbags that they are!) could have made a buck from the Argos purchase they would have been involved with it the way Bell and Tannenbaum are.

But make no mistake - this Argos purchase was done for one thing - TSN. Its not about making a profit (the Argos WILL CONTINUE to be a sinkhole) - its about protecting Bell's investment in the CFL as TSN's number one programming asset. No Toronto team impacts the profitability of TSN's CFL programming. Period.

Actually it will probably all be down to Rogers to make sure that MLSE does not roll over for the Argos and screw up the Argos tenancy at BMO for TFC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bgnewf View Post
    Exactly!

If Rogers (Scumbags that they are!) could have made a buck from the Argos purchase they would have been involved with it the way Bell and Tannenbaum are.

But make no mistake - this Argos purchase was done for one thing - TSN. Its not about making a profit (the Argos WILL CONTINUE to be a sinkhole) - its about protecting Bell's investment in the CFL as TSN's number one programming asset. No Toronto team impacts the profitability of TSN's CFL programming. Period.

Actually it will probably all be down to Rogers to make sure that MLSE does not roll over for the Argos and screw up the Argos tenancy at BMO for TFC.
    Yes, exactly indeed! We have to shake hands with the devil but that is the price we're going to have to pay. Rogers might end up being our protector.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Need a full time security guard for this thread.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Need a full time security guard for this thread.
    Maybe we can hire this dude?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There are some actual BMO field construction pictures over at the Argo forums (good photo from the southwest corner). I dare say they are doing a better job in their BMO field construction thread.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BelfastBoy View Post
    There are some actual BMO field construction pictures over at the Argo forums (good photo from the southwest corner). I dare say they are doing a better job in their BMO field construction thread.
    That's because they are a lot more excited about this then we are.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    That's because they are a lot more excited about this then we are.
    Them: we have a place to play

US: fuckers going to ruin our good time

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice, well not nice they are taking down the north stands. Glad I got to sit their once for a Canada Ireland rugby match.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BelfastBoy View Post
    Nice, well not nice they are taking down the north stands. Glad I got to sit their once for a Canada Ireland rugby match.
    Wow. That's just made me more sad. I've never sat in the north stand.
    Damn... RIP.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well saying there piggy backing off success of other brands in there portfolio doesnt really show incompetent ownership now does it?
    One mans piggyback is another mans parasite. You give them last minute credit when this plan was desperation instead of taking their own brands destiny in their own hands long ago.

Thanks for the pics Ivy!
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER