Page 82 of 86 FirstFirst ... 3272787980818283848586 LastLast
Results 2,431 to 2,460 of 2556
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope they put that temporary stand up in the north end for the MLS Cup at BMO on Dec. 10th. They are putting temporary stands in the north end for the outdoor hockey classic in January so why not put it up a bit earlier and sell those seats for the MLS CUP, the stadium will look amazing with all those extra seats in the south and with the temporary stands in the north. It will give it an even more proper soccer look to the stadium and even more crazier with the extra seats.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SoccMan2 View Post
    I hope they put that temporary stand up in the north end for the MLS Cup at BMO on Dec. 10th. They are putting temporary stands in the north end for the outdoor hockey classic in January so why not put it up a bit earlier and sell those seats for the MLS CUP, the stadium will look amazing with all those extra seats in the south and with the temporary stands in the north. It will give it an even more proper soccer look to the stadium and even more crazier with the extra seats.
    Not sure they can get that done in time. They spent far more than 10 days on the south stand.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They should put stands on the food building like Wrigley has on the buildings overlooking the outfield.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    They should put stands on the food building like Wrigley has on the buildings overlooking the outfield.
    I've often remarked from my view in 112 that they should build a roof/canopy at the same height as the Food Building. They could then easily close this off during games and have more covered space for whatever.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think they would be better to build a full stand on top of that building but I'm not holding my breath as I'm sure the area residents will yell and scream about a 40K stadium.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

any reviews of the temp seats and how was the roof in the south end re the rain

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    I'm in the southend - row 15 and stayed completely dry throughout the game. Before the game we walked up to the top of the temporary section and it was really bouncy. I can't imagine what it felt like when the crowd was going crazy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    Temp seats had a really good view of the field. One positive is that everyone was standing for the entire game and no one was complaining about it. The rain was really coming down in the second half and during extra time, but I was too focused on supporting the boys so I did not care about getting wet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NHL's twitter has released new pictures of BMO with the north end expansion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

we need to lobby for a massive new stand in the south end that goes all the way up to the roof line.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gmacpheetfc View Post
    we need to lobby for a massive new stand in the south end that goes all the way up to the roof line.
    Build up from the current stands? Or Tear down the current section and built a new section that goes up to the top of the roof?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adamo23 View Post
    Build up from the current stands? Or Tear down the current section and built a new section that goes up to the top of the roof?
    I doubt that MLSE would be willing to expand the stadium again considering it just finished its current renovations this past Spring. If they were to add seats to the South End though, I think that that it would be better to put them above the current pathway that links the West stand so that the seats are close. I found that the temporary stands are so far away from the field and also were not lit by the stadium lights.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gmacpheetfc View Post
    And all safe standing...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimiv View Post
    And all safe standing...
    Safe standing should be a MUST. If we looked at the southend during the playoffs it was jam packed, safe standing can combat that. Instead of lobbying for more stands in the south, we should do it for safe standing! Why did the FO not support the idea of safe standing?
    Last edited by sn0re; 12-17-2016 at 11:09 PM.

RPB Member
    Section 112 and Cardinal, Ontario...Yeah, Baby!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hah...it's being called Exhibition Stadium, rather than BMO Field because Scotiabank is sponsoring it!
    O, Maple Leaf around the world, You speak as you rise high above,
    Of courage, peace and quiet strength, Of the Canada that I love.
    Remind us all, our union bound by ties we cannot sever,
    Bright flag revered on every ground, The Maple Leaf forever

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Huyton View Post
    Hah...it's being called Exhibition Stadium, rather than BMO Field because Scotiabank is sponsoring it!
    It just doesn't feel right calling it exhibition stadium. And aren't there massive BMO Field signs everywhere? There's one on the south roof and at every entrance I believe.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Huyton View Post
    Just as it was for the Pan AM Games.

Its BMO for the rest of the year.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So, what do they do with the BMO signage? Cover it up?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just saw this on Imgur, and I think it can relate to how some of us feel about the roof/canopy

http://imgur.com/7Tr7nqf

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The seats in the north end look solid for the outdoor game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think BMO should have placed a Glass or brick wall on the south side of the building to take away the wind from the lake...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow that north end stand is perfect it's nice and wide and makes the stadium nice and enclosed the way it should be, too bad it's only a temporary thing unless they find a way to put retractable seating in the north end that can be retract for the CFL end zone .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow that north end stand is perfect it's nice and wide and makes the stadium nice and enclosed the way it should be, too bad it's only a temporary thing unless they find a way to put retractable seating in the north end that can be retract for the CFL end zone .
    agreed as this would be perfect if it were able to stay. Have a feeling that even with the additional seats in the south if MLSE sees the potential for profiting in the future they will make this happen

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sn0re View Post
    Safe standing should be a MUST. If we looked at the southend during the playoffs it was jam packed, safe standing can combat that. Instead of lobbying for more stands in the south, we should do it for safe standing! Why did the FO not support the idea of safe standing?
    Safe standing would be awesome. I guess the argument against is that it takes away from football/rugby events that can happen there, but that problem is solved by doing it the way Dortmund does, with fold-down seats for all-seater events

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So did they cover all the TFC related signage at BMO for this outdoor game? So this outdoor game the weather sunny and 3 Celsius a lot warmer than the MLS Cup back on Dec. 10 It was what - 3 or something like that.
    Last edited by SoccMan2; 01-01-2017 at 02:33 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So did they cover all the TFC related signage at BMO for this outdoor game?
    Nah. Not really any need for that, especially since the teams have the same owner

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is this outdoor game even sold out? I admit north stand looks good. Too bad it wasn't there for MLS cup.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC07 View Post
    Is this outdoor game even sold out? I admit north stand looks good. Too bad it wasn't there for MLS cup.
    i saw some pictures of the outdoor game, it did look like quite a few empty seats, could be sold out, but a lot of people might of been constantly using washrooms, getting food exc. and some tickets may have not been sold by scalpers or some people just not showed up to there free tickets they got from a company.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually I just read an article by the Toronto sun, from a few days ago, saying that there was still many unsold tickets, some sections big blocks of as many 6 seats in a row in some sections of unsold tickets.

Blaming over priced tickets and/or perhaps decline in outdoor hockey games as the hype is winding down over the years with NHL hosting to many outdoor games.