Page 70 of 86 FirstFirst ... 206066676869707172737480 ... LastLast
Results 2,071 to 2,100 of 2556
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Where is our "wall of honour"? Used to be right below the reporters section/rooms!!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its about to get real, The Reds will be training tonight at BMO for the first time if anyone is down there around 6-6:30 tonight. It will give them the opportunity to get a feel for it under the lights, especially for Clint Irwin.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can see some of the first few rows in place for the south end.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone know what the plan is to recover all those crazy high shots on goal that ended up in the second deck of the old North end seats? Anyone else feel sorry for or see a fitness requirement for those having to run to recover those balls ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks awesome, however it also looks like the roof coverage will be far less than 100% of the seating (seems like a quarter of the lower deck seats will be uncovered

See St. James' park below for reference

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    Thats the economics of spending the money they did, its the new reality of BMO Field. Plus in the long run if TFC does take off they have more room to add even more seats. But in the short term, the Winter Classic, Grey Cups are the events that will help pay for this renovation.

Cost, you say?
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chevy View Post
    Looks awesome, however it also looks like the roof coverage will be far less than 100% of the seating (seems like a quarter of the lower deck seats will be uncovered
    I think it only appears that way in the photo.
    Pretty sure the roof extends as far as the first row.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another kickass pic of BMO at night, from the southend. These are truely some amazing pics taken by Tomas.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post

Cost, you say?
    Hahahaha

The roof is too damn high.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From TFC Twitter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You know what if they would have built a proper roof on all four sides and we had a proper fully enclosed stadium, then I would have sucked it up and accepted the Argos sharing the stadium, however we have a half assed roof withe these crazy big gaps on two sides exspecially, we still have a stadium that is much too open and we now have the Argos too, so therefore, I will still not accept the Argos at BMO and the fucken Grey Cup too, they could have made this stadium look so much better instead this is the final product with the Argos thrown in too, sorry big fail, you want to see some real nice looking stadiums the way they should look with proper roofs, just have a look at the many stadiums in England even below the Premiership and you will see what real enclosed stadiums with roofs should look like not this thing.
    Last edited by SoccMan2; 05-05-2016 at 01:41 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SoccMan2 View Post
    You know what if they would have built a proper roof on all four sides and we had a proper fully enclosed stadium, then I would have sucked it up and accepted the Argos sharing the stadium, however we have a half assed roof withe these crazy big gaps on two sides exspecially, we still have a stadium that is much too open and we now have the Argos too, so therefore, I will still not accept the Argos at BMO and the fucken Grey Cup too, they could have made this stadium look so much better instead this is the final product with the Argos thrown in too, sorry big fail, you want to see some real nice looking stadiums the way they should look with proper roofs, just have a look at the many stadiums in England even below the Premiership and you will see what real enclosed stadiums with roofs should look like not these thing!
    Argos aside, there are a lot of stadiums in a lot of places that aren't England that are similar to what they've done here. I choose to wait until I have been right in there and see how it is in person. Could it be better? Sure. But is it better? Yes.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm beginning to agree with the idea of it needing to be enclosed. Especially if they are going for the traditional English stadium look. It looks kind of strange now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've started to notice a few things.

if the original plan was to have retractable seating on either end to allow for a centred CFL field while also having the Video board moved so that you could put seats at either end zone to raise capacity, the fact that the Argos got a free pass into the stadium and no one wanted to pay is the reason that everything looks like it does. With the video board staying put you can't really put as many temp seats in for a CFL game and to get near the 35-38,000 number you have to put 8,000 instead of 4,000 seats in the south end forcing the Canopy to be higher.

As such.. you can all thank the Argos for this that south end roof that lighting that goes of the end of the stands and the general oddness. Every odd choice is basically the result of the Argos. It would be nice to see a Third phase with the full retractable north and south ends back roofs over both with the south roof being lowered by 1/3 it's current height and the Video Board being moved or adjusted to allow for temp seats in the North.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm sorry but it seems like BMO field will be shared more with Argos than TFC so they are not the second tenant, I didn’t see their logo at skydome. I am not excited what so ever about this new renovation and here are my reasons:

1- Argos Banner facing QEW will make people see the Argos logo, no one ever saw TFC logo.
    2- Removing TFC logo from Billboard sign will help Argos fan not to see any TFC logos.
    3- North Stand is gone and we play in a 3 sided stadium.
    4- The Wall of Honour is gone just because Argos fans dont like to see any soccer signs.
    5 - Who knows what's going to happen with the grass unit June comes around.

All theses because of some roof and lights? How do you justify? Please prove me wrong.
    Last edited by Amir FC; 05-05-2016 at 02:24 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Wall of Honor is not gone, its getting a makeover.

Quote Originally Posted by Amir FC View Post
    I'm sorry but it seems like BMO field will be shared more with Argos than TFC so they are not the second tenant, I didn’t see their logo at skydome. I am not excited what so ever about this new renovation and here are my reasons:

1- Argos Banner facing QEW will make people see the Argos logo, no one ever saw TFC logo.
    2- Removing TFC logo from Billboard sign will help Argos fan not to see any TFC logos.
    4- The Wall of Honour is gone just because Argos fans dont like to see any soccer signs.

All theses because of some roof and lights? How do you justify? Please prove me wrong.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Argos Banner facing QEW will make people see the Argos logo, no one ever saw TFC logo."

From the Gardiner, driving into the city right now you see the large TFC logo.

They need to wait and see if anyone actually shows up for the Argos first, before they start putting up Argo signage.
    Last edited by BelfastBoy; 05-05-2016 at 07:16 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So they admitted to lying about no Argos signage at BMO.
    That TFC was primary tennant.
    The Jays get to kick out the Argos by saying they were going to grass (not happening), we get stuck with the couch-surfers, and the deal keeps changing.
    Signage going up wouldn't be an issue if MLSE hadn't promised there would be none.
    How can we trust them now with anything else regarding the Argos? Specifically keeping a grass field? Painted logos on field, etc,

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Amir FC View Post

1. Argos Banner
    - News flash, a sign for them this year was coming whether people bitched about it or not. Just be glad that it isn't an Argo's logo made in the seats on the East stand with blue seats.

2. TFC logo off Billboard
    - The back of the scoreboard in the North End now serves as the billboard for BMO field and other MLSE events, the billboard you pictured is now for Exhibition place and ads/sponsors in general

3. 3 sided stadium
    - The FO has stated they want to try ans figure out a SJ/Blue Jays hybrid of bar/standing room area there. Just ran out of time in this particular phase and for Saturday in particular for something really fancy (may just be a couple of beer stands down there this weekend).

4. As CB has said, the Wall of Honour is getting a makeover, TBH it wasn't that good to look at originally, hopefully it is something better looking, like murals/banner for Dichio, Jimmy B and DeRo (hopefully), rather than looking like TFC bought jersey stickers and stuck them on a open piece of wall.

5. Come June its not going to be the 4 horsemen of the apocalypse riding down Lakeshore heading for BMO. From everything that has been invested, written about and seen so far, I am fairly optimistic that if anything does happen to the grass with the Argos, the back-up field would be there and installed with enough time before the next TFC game (average of a week in between the Argos and a TFC game come June)

Lets see what the 7th and 14th bring us when everyone can finally see BMO live and in more detail before everyone dresses up like Bart:
    Last edited by Cas87; 05-05-2016 at 03:03 PM.
    Toronto FC,#CMNT & #CWNT, Scotland, Heart of Midlothian FC, Tottenham Hotspur FC
    "The Harder the Struggle, The Greater the Reward" - @OsoJ92

AWAY DAYS - CHICAGO August 2017, MONTREAL March 2018

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From the drawings it does in fact look like the roof covers all the seats. That original top-down photo is decieving.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All the seats are covered directly above, those photos even if they are taken on a slight angle it will play tricks on you.

Quote Originally Posted by Chevy View Post
    From the drawings it does in fact look like the roof covers all the seats. That original top-down photo is decieving.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not getting the point of the roof if there isn't an enclosing wall, weather will just blow straight through.
    As for the South End, that high roof just looks ridiculous IMHO.

Does anyone know if there are plans to build an enclosing wall?

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cas87 View Post
    1. Argos Banner
    - News flash, a sign for them this year was coming whether people bitched about it or not. Just be glad that it isn't an Argo's logo made in the seats on the East stand with blue seats.

2. TFC logo off Billboard
    - The back of the scoreboard in the North End now serves as the billboard for BMO field and other MLSE events, the billboard you pictured is now for Exhibition place and ads/sponsors in general

3. 3 sided stadium
    - The FO has stated they want to try ans figure out a SJ/Blue Jays hybrid of bar/standing room area there. Just ran out of time in this particular phase and for Saturday in particular for something really fancy (may just be a couple of beer stands down there this weekend).

4. As CB has said, the Wall of Honour is getting a makeover, TBH it wasn't that good to look at originally, hopefully it is something better looking, like murals/banner for Dichio, Jimmy B and DeRo (hopefully), rather than looking like TFC bought jersey stickers and stuck them on a open piece of wall.

5. Come June its not going to be the 4 horsemen of the apocalypse riding down Lakeshore heading for BMO. From everything that has been invested, written about and seen so far, I am fairly optimistic that if anything does happen to the grass with the Argos, the back-up field would be there and installed with enough time before the next TFC game (average of a week in between the Argos and a TFC game come June)

Lets see what the 7th and 14th bring us when everyone can finally see BMO live and in more detail before everyone dresses up like Bart:
    Be glad they didn't lie further. Awesome.

And the back up field has a whole week to set roots. Not heal up or fix patches, set. This doesn't happen anywhere else for a reason. And it's not a tin foil hat reason its standard.

But we get it. You trust them.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flambe View Post
    I'm not getting the point of the roof if there isn't an enclosing wall, weather will just blow straight through.
    As for the South End, that high roof just looks ridiculous IMHO.

Does anyone know if there are plans to build an enclosing wall?
    It's like an umbrella for the stadium. Nope. They're good with that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All the seats are covered directly above, those photos even if they are taken on a slight angle it will play tricks on you.
    when i looked at it live its debatable whether row 1 on west side is covered when looking straight on ... but other than that covers all the seats (can't comment on the temporary seats in the south end whether they are under the roof)

... you will still get rained on in first 8 rows or so
    Last edited by Onyx; 05-05-2016 at 03:29 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Wall of Honor is not gone, its getting a makeover.
    By make over do you mean, adding Argos items?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I feel a little cheated. Like when you see a hot girl on a dating site, get all excited only to find out she has taken some serious liberties with her profile pic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Of course they lied, but hey it's just part of doing business is it not ? This Hunter character did not know what a soccer ball was if it hit him in the head a few years ago now this is the guy in charge of overseeing that the stadium keeps it's soccer look, ya ok lol!