Page 7 of 86 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nfitz View Post
    So much like this thread - but less one-sided ...
    Perhaps less one-sided. But with more outright misinformation. Actually I think you mean the "other" thread on the RPBF -- this one's only about construction & pictures, right?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm going to ban the next person that says "Argos" in this thread. Ban you for so long you'd wish I never banned you for so long.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    I'm going to ban the next person that says "Argos" in this thread. Ban you for so long you'd wish I never banned you for so long.
    You realize you're breaking all the rules you're setting in the thread, right?

Do you want me to edit? Merge with the last thread exactly like this one? I mean, you didn't even title this one "Pics only"...
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    You realize you're breaking all the rules you're setting in the thread, right?

Do you want me to edit? Merge with the last thread exactly like this one? I mean, you didn't even title this one "Pics only"...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ROFL - I make that face like 3 times a day reading Twitter.

Niagara Region. Anywhere the RPB are Supporting TFC
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by C.Ronaldo View Post
    So I see the blue line is BMO property like I'm assuming.... Well what if the do what they do at the south end at the north end ??... Wouldn't that work well?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Doucet3 View Post
    So I see the blue line is BMO property like I'm assuming.... Well what if the do what they do at the south end at the north end ??... Wouldn't that work well?
    That would mean spending more money and with the additional cost of the Argos locker rooms and tearing down the North end there is no more money it seems and MLSE is doing this phase as cheaply as possible since the ARGO DIDN'T PUT ANY MONEY INTO IT.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I haven't seen anyone talk about modifying the CFL endzones.

i guess it is a concession they have to make to be shoe-horned into the National Soccer Stadium.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wagner View Post
    I haven't seen anyone talk about modifying the CFL endzones.

i guess it is a concession they have to make to be shoe-horned into the National Soccer Stadium.
    I doubt that that name will ever be applied to BMO Field any more.

With the new training facilities built in Montreal Saputo stadium might be where our National teams play.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Petor View Post
    I doubt that that name will ever be applied to BMO Field any more.

With the new training facilities built in Montreal Saputo stadium might be where our National teams play.
    Based on the quotes out of Vancouver from floro & CSA last week and the very small crowds they were getting here, don't think there is much chance in the near term of getting games coming back here. Unless crowds start to drop off there too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so does anyone know what will happen to the team dug outs? I know they were built to improve the view for those siting in the first few rows behind them. But i would assume it would be a hazard for pointy ball games.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Qman View Post
    Based on the quotes out of Vancouver from floro & CSA last week and the very small crowds they were getting here, don't think there is much chance in the near term of getting games coming back here. Unless crowds start to drop off there too.
    we had some games with 20k in Toronto but we also had some games with as low as 10k. Overall tho, I don't see Montreal or Vancouver doing any better if they were to host all the Canada games. For them to fill the stadiums at about 20k a game you have to really play some games in Montreal, some in Vancouver and some in Toronto. If a city starts to host to many International games its hard to keep the demand high, it is hard to sell 20k tickets when you have small countries like El Salvador, Nicaragua or say Belize. countries like this don't have big following or appeal to the average fan. Montreal hosted a game I think like back in 2009 or something like that vs Honduras, and there was more Honduras fans then there was Canada fans. To be honest Montreal has not shown great records either attracting fans, in fact i think Toronto has done better. Vancouver played there first game in like 10 years at BC Place recently, and the crowd was still only around 20k. I think that to would drop off if they host to many games.
    You need to sort of play across the country, keeps attendance higher I believe. You play 1 game in the summer at Toronto and you might get a decent crowd attend, now you play 3 Canada games in July and there might be lower attendance, you can't expect everyone to attend all 3 games.
    Last edited by james; 11-21-2015 at 11:07 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Doucet3 View Post
    Because it is simply not necessary. All they need to do is add six yards to make it a legitimate CFL feed. If they proceed with a retractable lower south stand, they'll have done all that needs to be done.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by james View Post
    we had some games with 20k in Toronto but we also had some games with as low as 10k. Overall tho, I don't see Montreal or Vancouver doing any better if they were to host all the Canada games. For them to fill the stadiums at about 20k a game you have to really play some games in Montreal, some in Vancouver and some in Toronto. If a city starts to host to many International games its hard to keep the demand high, it is hard to sell 20k tickets when you have small countries like El Salvador, Nicaragua or say Belize. countries like this don't have big following or appeal to the average fan. Montreal hosted a game I think like back in 2009 or something like that vs Honduras, and there was more Honduras fans then there was Canada fans. To be honest Montreal has not shown great records either attracting fans, in fact i think Toronto has done better. Vancouver played there first game in like 10 years at BC Place recently, and the crowd was still only around 20k. I think that to would drop off if they host to many games.
    You need to sort of play across the country, keeps attendance higher I believe. You play 1 game in the summer at Toronto and you might get a decent crowd attend, now you play 3 Canada games in July and there might be lower attendance, you can't expect everyone to attend all 3 games.
    Absolutely. There have been too many games here and we've been tapped out financially. Add to that the total lack of cache to Belize or St. Vincent.

This is not to denigrate Vancouver who did a fantastic job but it's been a long, long time since they've had a MNT match so they were understandably hyped!

What I'm curious about is whether or not the players will want to play all of their games on plastic or does the attraction of a natural grass pitch win out?

Agreed, Montreal is not a good choice for ore than the occasional MNT match.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blizzard View Post
    Absolutely. There have been too many games here and we've been tapped out financially. Add to that the total lack of cache to Belize or St. Vincent.

This is not to denigrate Vancouver who did a fantastic job but it's been a long, long time since they've had a MNT match so they were understandably hyped!

What I'm curious about is whether or not the players will want to play all of their games on plastic or does the attraction of a natural grass pitch win out?

Agreed, Montreal is not a good choice for ore than the occasional MNT match.
    Feedback after the game was the stadium in Vancouver provides a competitive advantage:
    1) they can open the roof and still have the cold come in which affects latin american clubs
    2) the cdn players get a comfort level with the surface, where its totally new for visiting clubs
    3) atmosphere is way better the way the sound echos off the roof even with 20k

time will tell if they can get 20k out for other clubs, but i think it will be a while before games come back here
    Last edited by Qman; 11-22-2015 at 02:08 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^Speaking of how the sound echos off the roof. Anyone with updates on our roof? Driving by earlier this week the support structure was pretty impressive.

Dom

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Qman View Post
    If they drop off it will be far worse than it was here. They'd have no excuse in this late a round in qualifying.

Even if there was a place, a fantastical place, in Canada that soldout over 20k be it friendly or first round qualifier, it would still have to keep proving itself game after game. It was a lovely dream to have the intention of a place so close to call "The National Stadium" but in such a large country with such scattered pop density I doubt we'll see a permanent home for this team.

I'm glad Vancouver came out the way they did. Mexico should be even bigger.

(Any pics anyone?)
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    If they drop off it will be far worse than it was here. They'd have no excuse in this late a round in qualifying.

Even if there was a place, a fantastical place, in Canada that soldout over 20k be it friendly or first round qualifier, it would still have to keep proving itself game after game. It was a lovely dream to have the intention of a place so close to call "The National Stadium" but in such a large country with such scattered pop density I doubt we'll see a permanent home for this team.

I'm glad Vancouver came out the way they did. Mexico should be even bigger.

(Any pics anyone?)
    Yep, Not to get into the national team discussion but i don't really see anywhere in this country where a game vs Belize will draw much more than the 10-15000 we had here.

Vancouver did a very good job but it was also the 1st mens game they had in a long time so everyone traveled from the region, would that happen if they had 3 or 4 games in a year?

I fully expect the game next September against El Salvador to be back in Toronto and hopefully qualification for the Hex will be on the line (or locked up) and the building will be packed.

For now i just have to take some TFC money and put it aside for traveling to Vancouver in march.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There are 5 or 6 "poles" or what ever you call it that are now installed in between the east stands and the pitch. Anyone knows what they are? Temporary ones right?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mateo1985 View Post
    There are 5 or 6 "poles" or what ever you call it that are now installed in between the east stands and the pitch. Anyone knows what they are? Temporary ones right?
    Temporary shoring to support the roof load until the load is transferred and fixed to the permanent supports.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EDIT: Beat me to it... ^

There are pics floating around twitter right now of where the first few rows of the South End USED TO BE... it is now a giant trench in the ground.

Anyone know anything about this?

It's frustrating that MLSE is keeping SSH's in the dark about this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Flint View Post
    Temporary shoring to support the roof load until the load is transferred and fixed to the permanent supports.
    Yeah thought so. Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quick progress.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gdg_9 View Post
    EDIT: Beat me to it... ^

There are pics floating around twitter right now of where the first few rows of the South End USED TO BE... it is now a giant trench in the ground.

Anyone know anything about this?

It's frustrating that MLSE is keeping SSH's in the dark about this.
    Looking at the construction, how is this going to be retractable seating?
    I had tickets in row three and I wondered why they didn't push me to renew, now I see why.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Petor View Post
    Looking at the construction, how is this going to be retractable seating?
    I had tickets in row three and I wondered why they didn't push me to renew, now I see why.
    only looks like a few rows ... they will probably replace your seats with footy equivalent of floor seats. And charge 5x as much.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gonna wait to see what its like once its finished before i start getting too excited.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ossington Mental Youth View Post
    Gonna wait to see what its like once its finished before i start getting too excited.
    Me too but under the remaining seats are there not washrooms and storage areas?
    How are they going to slide those seats underneath the remaining ones?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*double post*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They don't have to - they can use retractable seats like they have at the ACC that fold up and are rolled away into storage

You can see them here in this video

http://torontoist.com/2011/04/up_all...canada_centre/