Page 53 of 86 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,590 of 2556
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eastend View Post
    I can't see the mural going to the floor of the concourse as there's handicap seacting on the concourse.....and doesn't the roof end where the concourse starts?

Dom
    I assume the mural would be made out of some cloth material?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The wind load on a mural completely covering the back of the south end would be insane.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought that's why they put cut-outs in the mural to allow wind to pass through and lessen the load.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Initial B View Post
    I thought that's why they put cut-outs in the mural to allow wind to pass through and lessen the load.
    Cut outs are insufficient on windy days. They have a set of wind rates they will deal with or not risk it.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wind coming from Lake Ontario is brutal good luck with that banner.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    The wind load on a mural completely covering the back of the south end would be insane.
    Being at the very top of the south end for years I agree with this. The wind is normally not coming off the lake but usually right in our faces from the north but regardless where it comes from it would wreak havoc on a mural. Sometimes we get it from all angles because we have nothing behind us in our row but the concourse. There would have to be some major supports for the mural to withstand the wind on the worst days. There are some calm days so I could see it working on those days. Maybe if they could lower it and raise it like a projector screen it could work and only be down for the calmer days. Would it be worth it really though? I would say no because there are more windy days than calm days if I recall from previous years.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I bet we see Trumps wall before we see MLSEs mural.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red4ever View Post
    I bet we see Trumps wall before we see MLSEs mural.
    Well seeing as the former has a pretty much zero percent likelehood, I'd say we've got a shot.

I don't know why people are acting like a banner/mural would be some loose piece of tissue paper taped to the bottom of the canopy. In all probability it's going to be similar to the thing hanging off the front of the Emirates, A heavy tarp that's bolted into the bottom and sides of the canopy. Seems doable and is probably the most practical option.
    Last edited by molenshtain; 03-21-2016 at 12:23 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What if the mural is actually a set of several panels all individual from each other? Maybe 12 panels spelling T O R O N T O F C with the top players from Toronto's existence superimposed in front of the letters. 4x16m = 64 m^2 of area per panel. Not too much loading, I think. With 1 m of spacing between the panels, that would cover 80m of space.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What if the mural is actually a set of several panels all individual from each other? Maybe 12 panels spelling T O R O N T O F C with the top players from Toronto's existence superimposed in front of the letters. 4x16m = 64 m^2 of area per panel. Not too much loading, I think. With 1 m of spacing between the panels, that would cover 80m of space.
    I like it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by james View Post
    Along the Lakeshore the GO train use to come every hour, 7 days a week 5am - 12;43 am, at least from the west side anyways, that was just maybe 3 years ago...I remember how awful I thought that was, (I think back in the 90's or 80's Lakeshore only had service during rush hour times, tho I am not certain). A few years ago they made it every half hour service with extra trains in rush hour service, every day of the week. Its much better now, I still think 15 minute service would be ideal tho...I can't believe how bad the service is on the other GO lines....its like the dark ages. Makes me realize how shit transit is in the North of the lake, it sounds like anything North, outside of the Subway reach..good luck getting around without a car!!!
    this is why a subway go further north is sillyness.

subway should be intercity
    GO train/buses is for regional transit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That would be amazing!! great idea! Would it be like what the blue Jays have outside their stadium? The banners with a different player on each.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by C.Ronaldo View Post
    this is why a subway go further north is sillyness.

subway should be intercity
    GO train/buses is for regional transit.
    yet another reason amalgamation was a bad idea.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by molenshtain View Post
    Well seeing as the former has a pretty much zero percent likelehood, I'd say we've got a shot.

I don't know why people are acting like a banner/mural would be some loose piece of tissue paper taped to the bottom of the canopy. In all probability it's going to be similar to the thing hanging off the front of the Emirates, A heavy tarp that's bolted into the bottom and sides of the canopy. Seems doable and is probably the most practical option.
    My joke, in this instance, had to do with mlse not following through.

But sure, all this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is considerably less wind at night compared to the daytime, majority of games at night this year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A subway along the lake shore would be a great idea. During the summer around CNE the subway would be packed with people. It will always be used depending on where the stations are put.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adamo23 View Post
    A subway along the lake shore would be a great idea. During the summer around CNE the subway would be packed with people. It will always be used depending on where the stations are put.

? what ?

Putting a Subway along Lakeshore is the dumbest thing I have heard. There are Train Tracks right there. You just put a train on the pre-existing tracks. You don't spend Billions building underground tracks and a new set of stations.

More so, most of the old stations were closed or removed decades ago (and some of the tracks) which means at one point there were more stations along Lakeshore without enough ridership. However if they really wanted to do it though they could put in platforms and use one of the existing tracks for regular service. That way you are spending 100 million for new cars (say 5 sets of cars) to run on the tracks and another $300-$750 Million (depending on how much work is needed. Union Person Express cost about 450 million but there was a lot of work) for platforms at Pape, Queen, Cherry, Jarvis, Spadina, Bathurst, Duffrin, Jameson, Roncesvalles, Parkside, Windermere, Humber Loop, and end it at Mimico. As such based on similar projects if the work is minimal this could be done for less than 500 million, if the work is more substatial maybe 2 billion. The Eglinton Crosstown is 4.6 Billion and had it been fully underground would have been closer to $8.5Billion. Which is about the same distance.

You are laying no or very little new track, Building open air stations platforms, and in some cases the infrastructure is mostly already in place as each of these stops would be at an existing bridge. There is also little to no disruption to city streets in the way a subway would.

As such you end up with a 15 stop, 15.2 km line (Union and the Ex) if not too expensive you could extend it up to Danforth Go and add a stop between Pape and Danforth bring it up to 17 stops and still costing less than half of any other proposed transit project of similar scope in recent years. (short of John Tory and I think Miller both proposing basically this very thing)

You can't really run it along Lakeshore east of the Don because all the tracks were removed and turned into rec trails.
    Last edited by Kaz; 03-22-2016 at 11:38 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay phone problems cause my post to be deleted.

All Adamo was suggesting was a subway along the lake shore, and I interpret that as the general area that spans the shore of the lake, not Lakeshore Blvd specifically.

Also increased transit along that area isn't absurd and is very well being explored already in the form of a Waterfront West LRT and GO Electrification.

Didn't have to come down him so hard.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, looks like this thread has been completely derailed. Anyone have anything related to the topic of this thread? BMO Field Construction? Photos? Anything related at all?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorth View Post
    Well, looks like this thread has been completely derailed. Anyone have anything related to the topic of this thread? BMO Field Construction? Photos? Anything related at all?
    Heading downtown friday to watch the Canada-Mexico game. I'll try to snap some pics.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thx all.. No idea why this is the thread where everything but the roof is discussed..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JWJH88 View Post
    Thx all.. No idea why this is the thread where everything but the roof is discussed..
    agree. They should make a thread called ...."Everything to do with BMO field that has nothing to do with the actual construction thread"

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fun fact - This is also the thread that complains the most about itself.

Just trying to help those who want to keep the thread pure.

Good luck, all!
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The roof is made of metal.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anybody know what type of metal on the actual roof panels and what sort of coating they are using for weatherproofing?

Just curious how you build a long gigantic metal bit that is designed to sit out in the rain and snow and keep it from starting to crack within 20 years. (As previously noted, I'm not an engineer - just sired by one - although he was into heavy metal fabrication so maybe genetics is finally coming through in me asking this question)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ive been working close to the field since last week and it seems they are focusing on finishing the west roof completely before moving to finish the east side. Looks like more than half of the metal cladding is laid down on the west roof, sorry cant take pics my phone camera is cracked

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Anybody know what type of metal on the actual roof panels and what sort of coating they are using for weatherproofing?

Just curious how you build a long gigantic metal bit that is designed to sit out in the rain and snow and keep it from starting to crack within 20 years. (As previously noted, I'm not an engineer - just sired by one - although he was into heavy metal fabrication so maybe genetics is finally coming through in me asking this question)
    Yes good point. I wonder about rust or discolouration.

Mostly I still wonder though: what the hell are they going to do with the snow & ice on the "canopy"?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does anyone else think they are cutting it really really close here? I remember thinking the same last year, but they could hide behind the fact that there was still lots of construction going on. This year it's supposed to be a finished stadium by May 8th and there is a shit-ton to do still.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very disappointed to see the actual construction contradict what was shown in renders of the new roof. The most recent renders clearly showed shadow patterns on the seats from the overhead roof girders and structure, indicating the roof panels would be translucent.

On site visit today and it's clear that the roof panels installed so far are solid metal, letting no light pass through.

Gird yourselves accordingly for what is to come regarding the gridiron football markings on the pitch.

Didn't have time to take a closer look, but it looks like there's some kind of jagged edge to the back of the south side canopy, which comes up many yards shy of covering the back half of the south concourse. Connections points for something?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GhostKiller View Post
    Does anyone else think they are cutting it really really close here? I remember thinking the same last year, but they could hide behind the fact that there was still lots of construction going on. This year it's supposed to be a finished stadium by May 8th and there is a shit-ton to do still.
    Had the same queston and was told it'll be done on time, on budget.