Page 46 of 86 FirstFirst ... 3642434445464748495056 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,380 of 2556
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm pumped to see what kind of TIFO's the groups come up with! ... (patiently/impatiently waiting for photos!)

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by barticusz View Post
    I'm pumped to see what kind of TIFO's the groups come up with! ... (patiently/impatiently waiting for photos!)
    Its very hard to plan specifics when dimensions and tolerances are unknown. It all just boils down to concepts right now.
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

Twitter: @RPBPhil

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Absolutely, the fact that this will be possible in the future though is very exciting. It'll add to the already fantastic experience and create another unique aspect in the Toronto sports landscape.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Might be a bit distorted - I took a panorama shot with my tablet on the way to the TFC kickoff event at Atlantis yesterday. Wanted to share it here as it to me shows dramatically how far above the top of the south end the roof actually is. I got to calling it an awning instead of a roof yesterday.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bgnewf View Post

Might be a bit distorted - I took a panorama shot with my tablet on the way to the TFC kickoff event at Atlantis yesterday. Wanted to share it here as it to me shows dramatically how far above the top of the south end the roof actually is. I got to calling it an awning instead of a roof yesterday.
    That proposed mural is going to be huge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Parkdale View Post
    That is how most things are done today (I work with concert / stage lighting frequently). Why paint something red or blue (or green or anything) when you can just leave it gray and project a light on it. Hell.... it works for the SkyDome and the CN Tower.
    Disney is notorious for this.

even arrows are projected incase you need to change overnight

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ absolutely. You never need to commit to a decision when you can just change it.
    ///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adamo23 View Post
    That proposed mural is going to be huge
    So about this mural, is this supposed to be hanging down off of the back of the south roof? Could this add to the protection to the fans from the elements and also add in terms of keeping the noise inside?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think this is what MetLife Stadium in NJ does for the Jets and Giants

Quote Originally Posted by C.Ronaldo View Post
    Disney is notorious for this.

even arrows are projected incase you need to change overnight

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think They had to build the south roof high if there are any aspirations to building a second deck in the south in the future.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bgnewf View Post

So about this mural, is this supposed to be hanging down off of the back of the south roof? Could this add to the protection to the fans from the elements and also add in terms of keeping the noise inside?
    From the looks of the photo, there are 3 points on the main supports (the three horizontal white beems on the main supports) ... the roof itself in the south if attached at the top point, and I have a feeling that this mural TFC is supposedly talking about would only stretch from the top (roof) to the second horizontal support (middle of the three).

So it would probably serve some additional protection, but not that much.
    Toronto FC,#CMNT & #CWNT, Scotland, Heart of Midlothian FC, Tottenham Hotspur FC
    "The Harder the Struggle, The Greater the Reward" - @OsoJ92

AWAY DAYS - CHICAGO August 2017, MONTREAL March 2018

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The south roof is so high because that's where most of the temporary seating for big events will go (Grey Cup, Winter Classic & other winter hockey; maybe even MLS playoffs???). After the loss of the north stand, we're now under 30k seating in the regular configuration. They want at least 40k seats for the big events. That's lots of extra seats that need to be fit, mostly into temp stands behind the south end. The canopy needs to be high enough so they can all see the field and their view isn't blocked by the canopy -- even if the temp seats themselves won't be protected by the canopy.

Who knows about long-term plans, and if the current canopy would work for that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the issue for us 'regular' users of the south end becomes is this an awning or a roof. Trust me the distance between the top of the concourse above the south end to field level is probably half the distance between the concourse and the bottom of whatever it is they are constructing over the south end. Without some sort of backing (whatever that is going) its not functioning as a roof - it'll be a glorified awning. It won't really protect patrons from the elements, only a bit of sun. WOuld love the club to clarify for us what they have in mind

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From what I heard that's what is going to happen. It basically has two purposes protecting fans and adding another nice feature to BMO

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would love to see something simple but big like the huge "Toronto Football Club" banner we had at skydome vs LA Galaxy. Or even incorporated as the mural idea.

Speaking of the banner. Does it still exist ? Anyway to resurrect it again? Its still my favourite Tfc supporter pic. Such a great memory.

Last edited by DinamoTFC; 03-07-2016 at 10:51 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Was down there tonight. (secret you don't have to pay at the lot between Ricoh and BMO)

Looks awesome.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    The south roof is so high because that's where most of the temporary seating for big events will go (Grey Cup, Winter Classic & other winter hockey; maybe even MLS playoffs???). After the loss of the north stand, we're now under 30k seating in the regular configuration. They want at least 40k seats for the big events. That's lots of extra seats that need to be fit, mostly into temp stands behind the south end. The canopy needs to be high enough so they can all see the field and their view isn't blocked by the canopy -- even if the temp seats themselves won't be protected by the canopy.

If they ever wanted to permanently expand the south stand (never going to happen) they would have to re-position or replace the south stand canopy because it would not provide coverage for the expansion stands.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by billyfly View Post
    Was down there tonight. (secret you don't have to pay at the lot between Ricoh and BMO)
    Well, you're supposed to get a ticket from the machines.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If they ever wanted to permanently expand the south stand (never going to happen) they would have to re-position or replace the south stand canopy because it would not provide coverage for the expansion stands.
    They could build a second deck directly above the current stand, without needing to go backwards.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    They could build a second deck directly above the current stand, without needing to go backwards.
    That's true but how many rows high could it be?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cas87 View Post
    So it would probably serve some additional protection, but not that much.
    Can't get over that avatar—really snazzy! Where oh where could one find something so classy?! =P

I can't see them making this mural without capitalizing on the opportunity to compensate for the poor coverage to the south stands; would do wonders for the likes of those utilizing special accessibility areas. Should come all the way down, then… but, who knows.

Thought I read somewhere they were going to be adding enough miscellaneous seating to keep the stadium capacity at 30k. I didn't quite see/believe it, when I read it, but I thought that was the plan (some in the North end, as well, perhaps only for TFC configurations?).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love the idea of a huge mural to fill in the gap under the roof of the south end. It would solve the problem regarding the elements and also enhance the aesthetic appeal of the stadium.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post
    I love the idea of a huge mural to fill in the gap under the roof of the south end. It would solve the problem regarding the elements and also enhance the aesthetic appeal of the stadium.
    Yeh that would be great.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The south roof is so high because that's where most of the temporary seating for big events will go (Grey Cup, Winter Classic & other winter hockey; maybe even MLS playoffs???).
    It's not really an issue for hockey since the playing surface is much smaller. Temporary seating could go back up in the north and all other sections could have seating added on that extends out towards the pitch/rink.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

just tossing it out there...but is mural going to be a TFC thingy only or a joint TFC/ARGo thingy or two separate murals which will be interchanged during each teams home games?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redcard View Post
    just tossing it out there...but is mural going to be a TFC thingy only or a joint TFC/ARGo thingy or two separate murals which will be interchanged during each teams home games?
    It will probably depend on who's playing. Each team will likely be given their own mural (banner) to display at their home game. Once again the rule is that no Argos gear or logos should be shown during a TFC game day.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JuliquE View Post

Thought I read somewhere they were going to be adding enough miscellaneous seating to keep the stadium capacity at 30k. I didn't quite see/believe it, when I read it, but I thought that was the plan (some in the North end, as well, perhaps only for TFC configurations?).
    Yes that could be, but with this project it's mostly a guessing game for fans RE final configuration. We shall see I guess!

Quote Originally Posted by Billy416 View Post
    It's not really an issue for hockey since the playing surface is much smaller. Temporary seating could go back up in the north and all other sections could have seating added on that extends out towards the pitch/rink.
    If you check the previous Winter Classic & other outdoor hockey games, they don't usually put much seating between the rink and the edge of the pitch/edge of the permanent seating. The viewing angles would be far too bad; or you block the views from the permanent seating. Perhaps a handful of VIP seats etc., but that's it.

Yes you're right, they could add some more temp seating in the north end for a hockey game. But I bet the bulk of the temp seating will be put in place for the Grey Cup, above/behind the south end, and then left in place for outdoor hockey (and perhaps an MLS playoff game ).

I don't expect much protection from a south-end mural below the canopy -- sadly. Somehow I don't think it could be too big either. If you tried to close that off, I bet the wind forces on the fabric & the canopy structure would be astronomical. I guess they will have to leave that fairly open, i.e., whatever they put there will cover part but not all of the gap. Which would suck.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It will probably depend on who's playing. Each team will likely be given their own mural (banner) to display at their home game. Once again the rule is that no Argos gear or logos should be shown during a TFC game day.
    There will be permanent Argos things inside the stadium so that rule is not entirely accurate.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Billy416 View Post
    Well, you're supposed to get a ticket from the machines.
    I know people

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ryan View Post
    There will be permanent Argos things inside the stadium so that rule is not entirely accurate.
    People are funny. The Stadium is an Argo facility even if TFC are the main tenant.