Page 41 of 86 FirstFirst ... 3137383940414243444551 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,230 of 2556
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm pretty sure the architects for the roof (and probably those in Porto too) have never been to a football game in their lives!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks awesome. Can't wait for the drone footage as well as the first home match.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by T-boy View Post
    I'm pretty sure the architects for the roof (and probably those in Porto too) have never been to a football game in their lives!
    The Corinthians one was for temp seats similar to BMO. There was an extra tier of seats in there for the World Cup. They've been removed but they've left the foundations in at the back of the stand they can add another tier if and when needs be.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It does look pretty good. It seems high, but keep in mind that the sound will come from all over and will still reverb well back to intensify the noise. Anyone who's been to the Skydome (er.. Rogers Centre...I'm never going to get used to or like that name) can testify that the covered area can still bounce a lot of noise off even when high above. This isn't enclosed, but then it's also a lot less high than Skydome so it should work well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice time lapse of the lift from CityTV

http://www.citynews.ca/2016/02/21/vi...her/?show_id=0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks great. Saw the stadium last night on the way downtown. Very cool!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sure the south end roof is high and the open north end will take some time to get used to, but I think we should be proud of the work that has gone down. The stadium is unlike any other in MLS and actually has some character.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

when will the field be 100 percent finished?

very excited

Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The one thing I do know, I'm looking forward to being back at BMO for a home game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Still Kicking View Post
    Remember it has to be high, high up so that temp stands for Grey Cups, NHL outdoor games (and dare I say it MLS Cups?) can be installed... keeping sound from supporters in and projected across the field is not a profit consideration for MLSE...
    Or for MLS Cup 2017 temp seating or filled in with permanent seating for TFC Regular Season matches circa 2025.

RPB Member
    Section 112 and Cardinal, Ontario...Yeah, Baby!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[IMG]

O, Maple Leaf around the world, You speak as you rise high above,
    Of courage, peace and quiet strength, Of the Canada that I love.
    Remind us all, our union bound by ties we cannot sever,
    Bright flag revered on every ground, The Maple Leaf forever

RPB Member
    Section 112 and Cardinal, Ontario...Yeah, Baby!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The previous pictures were taken as my son and I took a walk around the stadium. Looks impressive as hell, actually.

Also, there was a Christmas tree on the South Stand roof...anyone have any idea what this is?

O, Maple Leaf around the world, You speak as you rise high above,
    Of courage, peace and quiet strength, Of the Canada that I love.
    Remind us all, our union bound by ties we cannot sever,
    Bright flag revered on every ground, The Maple Leaf forever

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ironworker tradition.

Thanks for those.

That is one massive big umbrella. With the slight incline up near the front, might bounce sound out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fuck it. At least we don't have to worry about attendance dwindling every time the sky is grey.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't care what you guys say... I think it's awesome looking. Better than nothing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Watched the video, did I hear correct?? 450 TONNES? Honestly I never thought about the weight, but that's 900,000 pounds just for the SOUTH end, I can't imagine what the east/west sides weight. Damn, that is a LOT of steel!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red4ever View Post
    I hope to god the sound bounces back off that thing.

It's awfully high up.
    thats just it, was there today and frankly the south and west (roofs)? Are very high and coverage will be minimal at best for any rain protection . The wind blockage is simply non exhistant . For me both roofs? Are almost cosmetic . The east roof is much more effective . Although in the low end front seats , the rain will be ever present .(On me) ,.... These roofs are astonishingly high . With the huge wide gaps one can only think there is room for further seat expansion both west and south .
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The east and west roofs look imposing and impressive. The south looks kinda odd, more like a floating bridge than a roof. I hope I'm wrong, but I doubt it will keep anybody very dry or keep any sound in! It might stop me from being sun burnt every game in row 15 I guess tho!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is there a possibility of a north end roof?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adamo23 View Post
    We'll need a north end before we start thinking about the roof.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jazzy View Post
    thats just it, was there today and frankly the south and west (roofs)? Are very high and coverage will be minimal at best for any rain protection . The wind blockage is simply non exhistant . For me both roofs? Are almost cosmetic . The east roof is much more effective . Although in the low end front seats , the rain will be ever present .(On me) ,.... These roofs are astonishingly high . With the huge wide gaps one can only think there is room for further seat expansion both west and south .
    it does look like the roof on the south side will not protect any fans from the rain or wind due to the height of it from the actual south side seats, however why would they build it if it fails to keep rain out? what would the purpose be? is there something they know about the rain that we don't, could it actually give good protection from the rain? it doesn't look like it, but I just don't get what the purpose we be then.

The other roofs are massive, and will protect majority from the rain its hard to tell about the few front rows, but from my experience of going to about 15 different grounds in England, it is quite common that the first few rows near the field can get a bit of the rain on them, often when buying tickets it will say if there is any poles obstructing the view or if in case of rain, it may not have full coverage. However some roofs did cover the entire stadium, even those at the front. But usually majority of the stadium is covered by the elements.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shade at 12 noon?
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bmo was never built properly. The stands on each side were different heights so it made it difficult to find a way to keep the roofs the same height. PS if you look at the west stand there are two roofs on top of eachother.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Huyton View Post
    The previous pictures were taken as my son and I took a walk around the stadium. Looks impressive as hell, actually.

Also, there was a Christmas tree on the South Stand roof...anyone have any idea what this is?
    As OTD mentioned, it's a tradition when the basic structure of a building is complete, called "topping out." It's also often done is some areas when the framing of house is complete -- i.e., not just ironworkers.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Topping_out

Personally I did think it was a bit weird to see the tree up there, before the south end canopy was actually lifted into place. I'm sure some builders would consider that bad luck!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adamo23 View Post
    Go back a few pages. Despite no current stands in that area, we have our theories that a future roof is possible.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some pics from last night

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is it just me, or does it look like the East and West stands are missing some end roofing sections?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gazza_55 View Post
    Or for MLS Cup 2017 temp seating or filled in with permanent seating for TFC Regular Season matches circa 2025.
    I would not hold my breath for permanent seating - 2025 or 2035....
    The problem is the cost vs return equations that any company would do.
    The higher up you go with a permanent structure, the greater the cost. This is balanced by the revenue forecast for that seat - nosebleed seats for a regular season game are too likely to be empty or fetch a low price. Temp seating is far cheaper and you can drag it into place for only those games where nosebleed seats fetch a premium price. For the three roofs they had to put down deep posts at the corners to support the structures. It would be interesting to know whether those support posts have capacity to support a permanent south stand and/or a new north stand. If not the cost of creating new support structures might be prohibitive. Also if your material, design and labour costs are projected to rise faster than sports ticket revenues (that would be an interesting historical chart) then time might not bring us additional permanent structures. I think the likeliest next structure of phase 3 - already mentioned is an expansion and improvement of the west side press box. I would bet it will include luxury boxes. The Santa Clara stadium that the Super Bowl was played in (home of the 49ers?) might be the wave of the future. I thought I saw a pic of it - one upper deck traditional seating, the facing upper deck all boxes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Based on some pictures at not the greatest of angles, it looks like the south roof won't cover the concourse. I know someone mentioned they were concerned with the coverage of the accessible seating, so I'm not sure if this assuages their concerns or not.