Page 4 of 86 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The support on the southwest corner appeared to be done when I was in stadium Friday night.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pint View Post
    I don't believe safe standing was ever actually seriously considered during the construction, which sucks because it would have been an olive branch to us supporters who are not really getting anything out of the stadium expansion except for a bunch of blue bullshit shoved down our throats.
    Really , this IS the main problem , not a single 'olive' branch . Everything is now take and accept . And by the way we're raising your prices . In a nutshell Toronto 's saving grace is its wonderful population making up its supporters . Every damn structure is a fooking compromise . ( to bring in a few more $$$ ) . Not one damn sports specific facility . Yet we are a paying / profit realizing market . As some have mentioned , we should be happy with this . Not bloody likely . Tired of accountants ruining this wonderful city . That stadium is outdated before it even gets started . And I might add , it is and will be added to continuously trying to cover up its vacumn environment . Another sky dome in the making . And watch when the Argos finally get dumped for their small crowds after the initial surge , we'll be left with what ? The old CNE emptiness with another coat . First class city second class designs , accepted by apologists .
    Last edited by jazzy; 11-08-2015 at 11:26 PM.
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by troy1982 View Post
    Here are the pics

Here comes the bush league...
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just noticed and its not like i care all that much but when the other thing plays at bmo how will people in 115 get to their seats? i guess they will have to walk to the upper part then down to their red seat?

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just noticed and its not like i care all that much but when the other thing plays at bmo how will people in 115 get to their seats? i guess they will have to walk to the upper part then down to their red seat?
    Maybe it will be tarped. Argos love tarping stadiums.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    I've thought about suggesting that, keep the southend away from the argos would be a nice show of respect to TFC supporters.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    saying that the owners don't spend money is crazy....
    I am not saying they don't spend money...its how they spend the money. My comment was about how the rain falls. In my opinion MLSE can spend millions on new players and "renovating the stadium", but then don't think about things like how the rain falls. Its one band-aid fix after another when it comes to this stadium.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    Not a hope. Those are cheap seats. Argos have been able to sell endzone seats even in the Dome, where you are in another area code then the field. At BMO, those will be coveted.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so with the first few rows of south end gone...are they replacing that with some sort of removable seats? are the seats going to to fold up for Argos games and replaced for TFC games? anyone have word on that?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

its probable that everyone will have to walk down from the concourse to get to your seat in southstands since its now only 15 rows .. maybe thats why they built it
    Last edited by Qman; 11-09-2015 at 03:09 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think the seats are gone permenantly. They'll probably end up being retractable. I have seats in row 1 and row 2, and was able to renew without any sort of notice.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think the seats are gone permenantly. They'll probably end up being retractable. I have seats in row 1 and row 2, and was able to renew without any sort of notice.
    If you renewed online, you may have had to click an "i accept construction may eff up my seats" button.

Also, apparently, there is wording in some other document related to your season tix in the clubs favour that they can move you because of something like construction.
    I'd suggest calling your rep to get their take on this.

As for retractable front rows, i was certain that telescopic was coming. But others, paying more attention than I am, say that's off the table. (I believe Pint from KitN said that)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this is what the old Metrodome in Minnesota used to do when the twins played, they'd pull up these seats they used for the vikings.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wagner View Post
    If you renewed online, you may have had to click an "i accept construction may eff up my seats" button.

Also, apparently, there is wording in some other document related to your season tix in the clubs favour that they can move you because of something like construction.

As for retractable front rows, i was certain that telescopic was coming. But others, paying more attention than I am, say that's off the table. (I believe Pint from KitN said that)
    I renewed by phone.
    Leiweke said that the soccer experience won't change, but if I'm a supporter in row one, and now I have to move back 20 feet, thatll definately change my experience.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I renewed by phone.
    Leiweke said that the soccer experience won't change, but if I'm a supporter in row one, and now I have to move back 20 feet, thatll definately change my experience.
    And if you don't like the new experience and have paid a deposit and want that deposit back....guess what the answer is? Been there, done that.. ZIPPOLA! non-refundable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

last i had heard (2+ months ago now) is that they are removable. They won't be randomly moving the front portion of 2 large SG's as well as basically all of the other 3 SG's without notice, i will give them that much credit.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bones View Post
    And if you don't like the new experience and have paid a deposit and want that deposit back....guess what the answer is? Been there, done that.. ZIPPOLA! non-refundable.
    I get that... What I mean is, for example, 112 is completely sold out. They remove the first 5 rows, so now the supporters have to leave the supporter section cuz there's no room? Seems crazy.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alixir View Post
    I am not saying they don't spend money...its how they spend the money. My comment was about how the rain falls. In my opinion MLSE can spend millions on new players and "renovating the stadium", but then don't think about things like how the rain falls. Its one band-aid fix after another when it comes to this stadium.
    Toronto mgmt/cost effective school of design .
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guys they asked us what we thought of retactable but the big man didn't like the idea (prolly money again) but the seats will be there. They will most likely be temp seats.

Hoooray.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I get that... What I mean is, for example, 112 is completely sold out. They remove the first 5 rows, so now the supporters have to leave the supporter section cuz there's no room? Seems crazy.
    I don't have any idea specifically what they're doing, but I could easily see one of 2 "solutions" done.

1) put in retractable seats and a % of those affected will bitch
    2) remove those seats and add the same number of rows at the back and "adjust" row numbers so that row 1 seats will still be in row 1. 99.9% of all people will be affected and will bitch.

both suck but to be honest, it feels like voting in Canada....you pick the least shit option.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got moved this year from my seats due to them putting in pillars for the roof. They then proceeded to resell the seats I had re-naming seats 98 and 99 - so confusing and so frustrating how they treat STH.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this is what the old Metrodome in Minnesota used to do when the twins played, they'd pull up these seats they used for the vikings.

looks like they had about 12 rows of seats folded up in this photo. This stadium Looks pretty bad in this picture, awful set-up. But in our case it would only be 5 rows, much smaller, and would actually only effect the Argos game, not TFC (if that's the route they are going with). Also easy to cover with tarp and advertising for the Argos. They can use it to make up for the adds they usually put on the field (Toronto said they will not use adds on the field at BMO field).
    Last edited by james; 11-09-2015 at 11:55 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

we have concessions behind those seats, not sure it would fit (to retract )

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well with the North Stand gone, we could be expecting something more like San Jose Avaya Stadium. Are stadium is different, but 3 stand horse shoe shape, and maybe a bar or something in the North Stand like Avaya Stadium has is what we might end up with.

Last edited by james; 11-10-2015 at 01:15 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

looks like there will be a nort american Pro Rugby league starting up

how long before MLSE throws on a team at BMO too.

pro rugby + argos at UofT makes even more sense now. I would love to catch a few game there

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jazzy View Post
    Really , this IS the main problem , not a single 'olive' branch . Everything is now take and accept . And by the way we're raising your prices . In a nutshell Toronto 's saving grace is its wonderful population making up its supporters . Every damn structure is a fooking compromise . ( to bring in a few more $$$ ) . Not one damn sports specific facility . Yet we are a paying / profit realizing market . As some have mentioned , we should be happy with this . Not bloody likely . Tired of accountants ruining this wonderful city . That stadium is outdated before it even gets started . And I might add , it is and will be added to continuously trying to cover up its vacumn environment . Another sky dome in the making . And watch when the Argos finally get dumped for their small crowds after the initial surge , we'll be left with what ? The old CNE emptiness with another coat . First class city second class designs , accepted by apologists .
    a bit exaggeration on that.

the Exhibition looked like this:

BMO field went from this

to this

to maybe something like this minus the North Stand:

the stadium could of been better. Would of been good if we had a full North Stand and it could of been ours only, would of been great, and great for our Nation Soccer games as well. But lets be honest the stadium wouldn't of been renovated probably had they not planned for Argos, Grey Cups and NHL winter classics. BMO field was flimsy as hell before and looked more like a high school stadium, now there has been huge development under neath the stands. I am really worried about the grass, and confused what the hell is going on with the south stand. But if the grass holds up ( if it doesn't then that is a whole new story) and the other 3 stands stay how they are and the South Stand replaces those seats, plus a roof, overall the stadium will be good. And I would say better then playing in Vancouver, New York City, Seattle, New England or DC united (stadiums to big for MLS as all these stadiums can fit 50,000 or more, and New England is the worst of the worst in MLS with grid iron marks on the field every year come fall and empty seats everywhere, followed by New York City and the weird baseball shape) and better then playing in Columbus, Chicago, Philadelphia, Colorado or FC Dallas as those stadiums are pretty open, just a little bit better then we had in 2007, and they seem to be all built in the suburbs. BMO renovations will look better then those stadiums. I would of liked a stadium like NYRB or Houston Dynamo Stadium but hey it didn't happen.
    Last edited by james; 11-10-2015 at 02:55 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by C.Ronaldo View Post

pro rugby + argos at UofT makes even more sense now. I would love to catch a few game there
    Canadian teams will be joining the league in 2017. I'd say a team in Toronto is a cert but not sure it'll be at BMO, probably too expensive to run a new team out of there.

More interesting is that the league will be single entity stlye and Canadians on American teams will be classed as domestic, shocker

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So, are there crews down there?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

U of T? No space, Goldring centre now exists.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by C.Ronaldo View Post

MLS sized stadiums would make the most sense coming out of the gate for Pro Rugby. Will be ineresting to see how progresses.

http://www.planetrugby.com/news/usa-...-rugby-league/

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!