Quote Originally Posted by billyfly View Post
    brilliant!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Billy416 View Post
    What intrigued me today is that the west end northern white tower has 3 small ends that don't go anywhere. They don't appear in the virtual tour either. Wish I took a new picture of them but used soft focus so you have an idea of where they are - behind the tree branch. Has there been any talk of a possible roof on the north end in the future? They extend out away from the pitch and stands so doubt they have any current purpose.

Good catch. Checking my own pics that I didn't put up. (Apologies for the size) I don't have any decent pics of the North East tower to see if there is an equivalent there too.

Last edited by OgtheDim; 02-16-2016 at 09:50 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmmm....looking at this shot of yours billy there seems to be something coming out of the north east....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 0bl1vious View Post
    Panorama I took from the south side last evening.

Great Pic!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Hmmm....looking at this shot of yours billy there seems to be something coming out of the north east....
    Hmm. It looks exactly the same as the other side. One has to think they are planning in advance should they decide to put a roof on the north end later on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pretty sure that's where they'll be mounting the 20 foot tall Argos flags that will be on permanent display.

*adjusts tinfoil hat and crawls back into parents' basement*

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmmm...interesting pics. Thanks for the links.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for posting. Great shots. They really have my curiosity peaked with the east and west stands and how the canopy doesn't extend to the end of the stand. Really curious about why that is and how that is going to get filled in differently than the rest. If just on the south end I would assume it had something to do with the south stand canopy but the north end of the east/west canopies stop short too so the south stand canopy is not the reason. Interesting...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    Thanks for posting. Great shots. They really have my curiosity peaked with the east and west stands and how the canopy doesn't extend to the end of the stand. Really curious about why that is and how that is going to get filled in differently than the rest. If just on the south end I would assume it had something to do with the south stand canopy but the north end of the east/west canopies stop short too so the south stand canopy is not the reason. Interesting...
    The canopies will be extended and completed after the south roof is lifted into place. Portions of the south roof actually sit under the east and west canopies.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chevy View Post
    The canopies will be extended and completed after the south roof is lifted into place. Portions of the south roof actually sit under the east and west canopies.
    Yeah I was thinking too and that is a good reason but since they never completed the roof on the other end that covers 203/227 it left me puzzled. If it was just due to the south end canopy needing to be done you would think the canopy over 203/227 would have been completed already with the rest of it. I am no expert on such things but I am sure they have their reasons. The 203/227 canopy not being done might have something to do with the lighting and sound systems they are adding for all we know. Will just have to wait and see I guess.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Much better idea of what it's going to look like now after seeing those photos. The view from the north patio is impressive. The gap on the east is bigger than I thought it would be.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Excellent stuff, thanks for taking and posting

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didn't take them

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chevy View Post
    you can see this in the 3D viewer if you pick a section 111/119 look straight up. its pretty cool.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Those images have me worries... it looks like they have recoloured the sides of the east stands Blue... like they are planning on putting an Argos logo right beside the TFC Logo. That would drive me nuts.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kaz View Post
    Those images have me worries... it looks like they have recoloured the sides of the east stands Blue... like they are planning on putting an Argos logo right beside the TFC Logo. That would drive me nuts.
    Maybe the colour scheme is gonna be red white and blue. Yeah 'murica. Matches the BMO colour scheme as well.

EDIT Warning this post might lead off topic... Don't succumb to the temptation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You mean the blue support structures? They are taking those away..!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Those images have me worries... it looks like they have recoloured the sides of the east stands Blue...

That's the same black/grey cladding its always been. I think the camera slightly accentuated blue.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's the same black/grey cladding its always been. I think the camera slightly accentuated blue.

I hope so because it really does look blue rather than grey like a coat of paint went on, Though went and found pictures from last year after your comment.. and you may be right. the White Balance and the camera and the post may have gave it a blue tinge.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    Yeah I was thinking too and that is a good reason but since they never completed the roof on the other end that covers 203/227 it left me puzzled. If it was just due to the south end canopy needing to be done you would think the canopy over 203/227 would have been completed already with the rest of it. I am no expert on such things but I am sure they have their reasons. The 203/227 canopy not being done might have something to do with the lighting and sound systems they are adding for all we know. Will just have to wait and see I guess.
    Wait until the actual roof/canopy is installed. The reason it appears that the north and south ends of the east & west stands are not covered is that those last bits of roof/canopy won't require added support. As a comparison, picture a wooden picnic table. The support legs are several inches in from the ends of the table surface.

In this case, the roof doesn't have "legs" but it's the same idea. The 2 end beams on each side are enough to support the last bits of roof/canopy.
    Last edited by Billy416; 02-18-2016 at 10:55 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope so because it really does look blue rather than grey like a coat of paint went on, Though went and found pictures from last year after your comment.. and you may be right. the White Balance and the camera and the post may have gave it a blue tinge.
    Not sure how to reply to this without violating the terms of the thread. Let's just say there is another locker room which will have a ramp leading to it on the northeast side of the building. Probably explains the blue panel.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not sure how to reply to this without violating the terms of the thread. Let's just say there is another locker room which will have a ramp leading to it on the northeast side of the building. Probably explains the blue panel.
    Except there is no blue panel, yet. There is a lot of work going on around the north west corner - I suspect that is where the "Argo presence" will be.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah - I was wondering if I needed to have my eyes checked - there's no blue panel there.

Pretty sure the Argos locker room is under the NE corner stands

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also one pic has the opposite side of the stadium with the same side panels. They're def onyx.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GabrielHurl View Post
    Yeah - I was wondering if I needed to have my eyes checked - there's no blue panel there.

This is correct.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GabrielHurl View Post

That's what I said. As for the blue/not blue panel, are we all talking about the same thing? I'm referring to the spot to the right of the TFC logo above the box office.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    Also one pic has the opposite side of the stadium with the same side panels. They're def onyx.
    Lol our away kit also used to be onyx...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's what I said. As for the blue/not blue panel, are we all talking about the same thing? I'm referring to the spot to the right of the TFC logo above the box office.
    Grey

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Took this shot a week ago. I suspect the "Argo presence" is going to go somewhere where the white plastic sheeting is.

Last edited by OgtheDim; 02-20-2016 at 09:17 AM.