Page 38 of 86 FirstFirst ... 2834353637383940414248 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,140 of 2556
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Yes x10000.
    Mark my words, the logistics of this + training people + people having authority about when and how to deploy TIFO is going to make this a big headache in the future.

They need to install at least 8-10 pullies over the south, otherwise this won't work.
    I hope someone has consulted with an engineering firm about it, obviously the more points something can be attached at the less tension on any one point.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by james View Post
    Slightly off topic, but I was looking at BMO field photos and then came across old Liberty Village photos. Those that were coming to BMO field back in the first season of 2007 might remember when Shoeless Joes was the only bar around near the stadium (I don't remember Brasenhead there yet in 2007?) and there deffinitly wasn't all the other bars around that are there today. And those that have lived in Toronto or near by Liberty Village may know the area very well back in the 90's 80's and further back. But for those who complain about Condos, it sure changed this area massively, probably for the better as far as drinking options on game day .

Fantastic photos. The Inglis plant was there forever, I think from pre 1867. Closed when NFTA was signed.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You had no problems paying insane prices for that rubbish in 2012, but now you're getting priced out? Comon... A TFC ticket has to be one of the cheapest forms of entertainment in Toronto. My one ticket price is roughly the same as a ticket to an IMAX movie.
    no problem , but my fear is next year send next , and so on ....I hope I'm wrong but unlike the yellow section which has minimal increases .....all the other sections especially on the lower outer edges are going to take the brunt of all the increases . This years it's 47% for me . But I don't think it's anywhere over . If I get a huge increase every year , it'll be difficult . Just check out the Argos price points . Of course it doesn't matter to anyone in the south end and I'm happy for them . I believe in the next five years we'll be forced out of our seats . Everyone around me is amazing and to lose that is much of my game day experience .
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    Fantastic photos. The Inglis plant was there forever, I think from pre 1867. Closed when NFTA was signed.
    http://forums.redpatchboys.ca/showth...hlight=toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PopePouri View Post
    http://www.torontosun.com/2016/02/03...ion-in-toronto
    [COLOR=#333333][FONT=Arial]

Read between the lines there but I think the facelift will be extensive.

Yes I read that when it first came out. Here's the full quote related to this aspect:

There’s already talk of a Phase 3 over the next few years. MLSE executive Bob Hunter mentioned the suites along the west stand as needing something of a facelift seeing as they’re going on 10 years old. He added that other original (2007) amenities might need to be updated in the coming years.
    I see that as the existing west-side suites being upgraded ("something of a facelift"), and that the other issues I mentioned (unheated washrooms, lack of hot water, uninsulated pipes, drainage & other concrete problems, and plenty of similar issues in the original 2007 construction) get fixed/updated. I don't see anything there about a bunch of suites being added up top of the west stands, or the pressbox being significantly expanded, or anything else that's enough to fill the gap up to the much higher "canopy" on the west side.

We shall see, I've just never heard any hint about a west-side expansion in any article or interview so far. I think the new west side canopy is high to match the east side, and to clear the south side canopy, as everything attaches to the same triangular pillars. Plus the new canopy needs to clear the old west-side mini-roof & press box.

I think we would need a couple of years of better ticket sales for TFC (and Argos) before they think of that. It would be lots of construction for a not very large number of added seats, as the west side started out bigger than the east from the beginning. Otherwise they probably will do the smaller repairs & upgrades as outlined.

And if there's every a bigger west side reno & expansion, will they try to transplant the crazy east-side pricing?
    Last edited by Auzzy; 02-15-2016 at 10:29 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's a very nice shot of BMO Field with ongoing construction, at night. (Not my photo)

https://www.flickr.com/photos/tgiam/...in/dateposted/

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jazzy View Post
    no problem , but my fear is next year send next , and so on ....I hope I'm wrong but unlike the yellow section which has minimal increases .....all the other sections especially on the lower outer edges are going to take the brunt of all the increases . This years it's 47% for me . But I don't think it's anywhere over . If I get a huge increase every year , it'll be difficult . Just check out the Argos price points . Of course it doesn't matter to anyone in the south end and I'm happy for them . I believe in the next five years we'll be forced out of our seats . Everyone around me is amazing and to lose that is much of my game day experience .
    I don't think Manning was too impressed with that price increase. I would expect things to settle down a bit with a new guy at the top.
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

Twitter: @RPBPhil

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by the beat View Post
    Kind of off topic but I remember reading the south end would include a tifo rigging system.. is anything being orchestrated for the season opener?
    Bonus points to anyone who figures out how to hang a Toronto Argo or Larry Tanenbaum in effigy.

Quote Originally Posted by PopePouri View Post
    Read between the lines there but I think the facelift will be extensive.
    The biggest lines are those of the top of the west stand and the bottom of the new roof.

Clearly, they are thinking about something in the future.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    I don't think Manning was too impressed with that price increase. I would expect things to settle down a bit with a new guy at the top.
    I am curious to see now that Michael Friisdahl has taken over from Tim what his approach to TFC is. Have not heard him say a thing regarding the team. He has big shoes to fill having taken over from TL and it will be interesting to see what his approach is.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    I am curious to see now that Michael Friisdahl has taken over from Tim what his approach to TFC is. Have not heard him say a thing regarding the team. He has big shoes to fill having taken over from TL and it will be interesting to see what his approach is.
    Has he said anything about any team? I have not heard a single thing come from him regarding the leafs, don't follow the raps closely to know if he has said anything with regards to them. To me it seams MLSE hired a pure business person and is leaving the running of the teams to the presidents they hired.

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They reorganized all of the leadership for each team, that was one of TLs big accomplishments. New presidents that have total control over their respective teams for business on sporting aspects. Michael is not a sports guy but a business vision guy who will work with the respective team heads to guide them. It seems clear that the power has shifted to those that are most responsible for their respective teams. TL brought a big time spending and vision outlook to the entire organization, Michael's role is drastically different if philosophy and execution. it won't be comparable.
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    They reorganized all of the leadership for each team, that was one of TLs big accomplishments. New presidents that have total control over their respective teams for business on sporting aspects. Michael is not a sports guy but a business vision guy who will work with the respective team heads to guide them. It seems clear that the power has shifted to those that are most responsible for their respective teams. TL brought a big time spending and vision outlook to the entire organization, Michael's role is drastically different if philosophy and execution. it won't be comparable.
    So Bill Manning pretty much has the same role that Kevin Payne had before leaving after Tim's arrival. That is the idea behind this?

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So Bill Manning pretty much has the same role that Kevin Payne had before leaving after Tim's arrival. That is the idea behind this?
    Yup, full on president, decides the overall direction of the team, who makes the decisions philosophy wise, coaching wise and business wise.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone know if 127 is going to be covered by the roof? It kinda sticks out on the north end of the west stand and it's difficult to tell if it'll be covered by the roof or not.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Borga View Post
    Anyone know if 127 is going to be covered by the roof? It kinda sticks out on the north end of the west stand and it's difficult to tell if it'll be covered by the roof or not.

Its hard to get a photo shot from right behind this section. This was the closest I could come to in my shots. I suspect that the structure we see right now is not to the end of the roof/canopy/umbrella. i.e It might come out a bit from that last bar.

So, yeah, unsure.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is unreal how the canopy/thingy looks different in every single photo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Its hard to get a photo shot from right behind this section. This was the closest I could come to in my shots. I suspect that the structure we see right now is not to the end of the roof/canopy/umbrella. i.e It might come out a bit from that last bar.

So, yeah, unsure.
    roof will go right to the giant post in each corner, they just haven't put up the edge truss yet. roof ends 20ft behind top row as well.

your going to be covered ... but your still going to be hit with rain if your at the very top, the wind will blow it thru the gap
    Last edited by Onyx; 02-16-2016 at 03:06 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Virtual Look of how the stadium will look..

http://torontofc.io-media.com/web/index.html#

This Virtual look pretty much shows you any view you will see in a full 360 degrees... Pick a seat and open it up. Really cool how it shows what it will look like with the roof in place :-)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JWJH88 View Post

This Virtual look pretty much shows you any view you will see in a full 360 degrees... Pick a seat and open it up. Really cool how it shows what it will look like with the roof in place :-)
    I find it disconcerting that 112 starts at Row 4 considering my seat is in Row 3.

Though, my seat seems to be there in the actual 3D Seat View.
    Last edited by eustacchio; 02-16-2016 at 04:02 PM.
    Toronto 'til I die - but I think they're trying to kill me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope there is still a rail for me to jump on at the bottom of 112 hahahaha...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JWJH88 View Post

Thanks for that link. I'm right on the aisle in 127 (next to 126), so it looks like I should be in good shape for roof coverage. Those on the northern end of 127 look like they might get a good bit of rain especially if it's windy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Panorama I took from the south side last evening.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol the west stand and roof look so damn goofy. Nice picture though.
    Something is telling me that they're going to tear down the west stand and rebuild it at some point in the future.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hate all the gaps between the roof and seats, why cant they just put a cheap wall in there to prevent rain and keep in sound? Whatever, still looks like the coolest stadium in MLS

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol the west stand and roof look so damn goofy. Nice picture though.
    Something is telling me that they're going to tear down the west stand and rebuild it at some point in the future.

A full tear down and replace is at least a 6 month job. We'd be not starting at home until June.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What intrigued me today is that the west end northern white tower has 3 small ends that don't go anywhere. They don't appear in the virtual tour either. Wish I took a new picture of them but used soft focus so you have an idea of where they are - behind the tree branch. Has there been any talk of a possible roof on the north end in the future? They extend out away from the pitch and stands so doubt they have any current purpose.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I never saw that thread! Fantastic!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jazzy View Post
    hope that optimism prevails. How much are you seats for 2016 in dollar terms?