Page 36 of 86 FirstFirst ... 2632333435363738394046 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,080 of 2556
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good point Kaz. Also can't see a whole lot of work during this brutal cold spell. I could be wrong but we will see. Either way it sure looks cool!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Am I blind or there is some kind of Christmas tree on top of the East side arch lol?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I drove by on Lakeshore yesterday on the way to a meeting, and it looks fantastic.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post
    I drove by on Lakeshore yesterday on the way to a meeting, and it looks fantastic.
    I am really looking forward to seeing the newly updated darling down by the lake !!! May can not come soon enough.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mateo1985 View Post
    Am I blind or there is some kind of Christmas tree on top of the East side arch lol?
    I have no idea if there's a tree up there, I haven't been down to have a look. However if there is, it could mean that they're "topping out" i.e., celebrating that the basic structure is done, at least on that side.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Topping_out

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah it seems like it. Coz they got flags up there as well. Can't see exactly what's on the flags but it definitely looks celebratory

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A small blizzard passes by and dumps snow everywhere, whiteouts making my commute a long and tense one.
    Extreme winter cold makes a late apearance.
    This makes me remember how much I am looking forward to spring.....I am suffering from BMO construction pic withdawls.

I am just going to go and shiver in the fetal position over there for a bit.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alixir View Post
    A small blizzard passes by and dumps snow everywhere, whiteouts making my commute a long and tense one.
    Extreme winter cold makes a late apearance.
    This makes me remember how much I am looking forward to spring.....I am suffering from BMO construction pic withdawls.

I am just going to go and shiver in the fetal position over there for a bit.
    Live streams of TFC games in Florida, via YouTube, coming soon to cheer you up!

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Virtual Look of how the North end and roof will look..

http://torontofc.io-media.com/web/index.html#
    Last edited by djcuse; 02-13-2016 at 04:57 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by djcuse View Post

Interesting the roof looks translucent cream colour here in the virtual look from underneath.

In reality, think its opague metal in the pictures of the southend roof i saw. thus the need for grow lighting.
    Last edited by Onyx; 02-13-2016 at 06:04 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After taking that virtual tour that shows what the new BMO will look like I must say not really that impressed sorry . What is the purpose of that ridiculous looking roof over the south stands? What is that going to protect really? That big gap in the west stand roof between the last row and the roof, even in the west when it rains how much protection will it give with that big gap. The north end with the stands gone it just makes the stadium look so open wow. I just think with all the money spent and this is the final product, opportunity lost in my books sorry, I'm sure the Argos fans will love it, but as a TFC season ticket holder since day one not impressed sorry.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think it'll do much for sound. Still gonna get wet pretty wet. Will lose some of that rare Canada summer sunshine.

Mission Accomplished.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First time posting. Was searching for some info about the construction and this board came up. I've attached some pictures I took on February 13th. For those asking if work has continued during the cold, there were workers there during the week. Nothing on Saturday though.

Last edited by Billy416; 02-14-2016 at 05:43 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Billy!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The coldest day of the winter so far. Ur fingers must have been freezing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice upgrade to the rendering software. Yes this gaps do look crazy - not sure how accurate the roof has been rendered though. I understand that the roof line extends to the first bottom row on all three sides. It doesn't appear to do so in these renderings. I also heard that the south roof will extend 10M past the last row in the south stand . I'm not sure if this is true - however the rendering shows that the south roof extends only to the metal railing at the top of the stand.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its a roof over the East, a canopy over the West and an Umbrella over the South

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wanna be a TFC Baller !!!

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great shots. Can't wait to get back there.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's pretty amazing. Not even gonna lie. Really cool.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    The coldest day of the winter so far. Ur fingers must have been freezing.
    Yes it has been a COLD weekend!
    Even though it has been a special NBA weekend in TO, have been wearing my TFC toque that was handed out at BMO last year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SoccMan2 View Post
    After taking that virtual tour that shows what the new BMO will look like I must say not really that impressed sorry . What is the purpose of that ridiculous looking roof over the south stands? What is that going to protect really? That big gap in the west stand roof between the last row and the roof, even in the west when it rains how much protection will it give with that big gap. The north end with the stands gone it just makes the stadium look so open wow. I just think with all the money spent and this is the final product, opportunity lost in my books sorry, I'm sure the Argos fans will love it, but as a TFC season ticket holder since day one not impressed sorry.
    I am with you. I didn't think the gap would actually look that between the south stand/west stand and their respective roofs.

The north end looks atrocious. I know some people like the idea of a beer garden. If it's really that necessary, build a proper stand, and have a patio at the top of the stand. There problem solved. The "Food Building" sign is an eye sore.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Slightly off topic, but I was looking at BMO field photos and then came across old Liberty Village photos. Those that were coming to BMO field back in the first season of 2007 might remember when Shoeless Joes was the only bar around near the stadium (I don't remember Brasenhead there yet in 2007?) and there deffinitly wasn't all the other bars around that are there today. And those that have lived in Toronto or near by Liberty Village may know the area very well back in the 90's 80's and further back. But for those who complain about Condos, it sure changed this area massively, probably for the better as far as drinking options on game day .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PAOK17 View Post
    I am with you. I didn't think the gap would actually look that between the south stand/west stand and their respective roofs.

The north end looks atrocious. I know some people like the idea of a beer garden. If it's really that necessary, build a proper stand, and have a patio at the top of the stand. There problem solved. The "Food Building" sign is an eye sore.
    The reason they took out the north stand was to accommodate the length of the football field, not to add a beer garden. A "proper stand" at this point would have to be retractable which apparently is a possibility in the future.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Its a roof over the East, a canopy over the West and an Umbrella over the South
    Haha...yeah what I was thinking. That rendering of the south end umbrella better be off. No cover for the accessible row. I can't see them doing that.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So Elliot Friedman reported that Detroit will be playing the leafs at BMO.

Larry T must have so much pull. To basically demand massive events in two leagues so he only needs to rent temp bleachers once.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by the beat View Post
    The reason they took out the north stand was to accommodate the length of the football field, not to add a beer garden. A "proper stand" at this point would have to be retractable which apparently is a possibility in the future.
    No, I understand that. I just am referring to the twist that is going to be sold to us about it being a beer garden patio. That openness is an eye sore.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Went down there today again to take a quick look. The arches above the roof are quite distinctive. Of course, we don't know what we will see once the actual panels are in place. But, there's a few elements to this design that make it somewhat unique in this city and the league - the big white towers, the arches, the asymmetric distances between the roof and the seats they cover. There's something to be said for a four sided stadium where none of the 4 sides are alike in any way shape or form.

Put me down as somebody who thinks MLSE will put in something in the North end - way too much potential revenue to leave that section lacking.

(Sorry, no pics. Too damn cold, too much beer making me sleepy, broken reading glasses so I couldn't read my phone.....just not meant to be. )

One thing I did notice:

There's a temporary PCL sign up near the big red TFC sign on the North West. And, as you might notice in the one pic above, there' a PCL flag on the top of the superstructure on the West side. And they've made sure they got their name in the recent tours done of the site. Branding, eh?
    Last edited by OgtheDim; 02-15-2016 at 10:13 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ryan View Post
    I don't think it'll do much for sound. Still gonna get wet pretty wet. Will lose some of that rare Canada summer sunshine.

Mission Accomplished.
    And again there will be interesting shadows on the field during games .....
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wagner View Post
    Thanks Billy!
    There is only 1 Billy on these dem boards.