Page 34 of 86 FirstFirst ... 243031323334353637384484 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,020 of 2556
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That writeup on the team website left me a little more confident that maybe this can work. The fact that they worked to ensure the optimum schedule interaction between both teams, installed "backup pitches" for additional grass installation as necessary, and tried a bunch of different paints to see which one marked up the pitch the least - seems like at least they are doing their homework. And the results with a few of those paints seemed pretty impressive, going by the picture.

Their citing of Wembley as some sort of gold standard left me a little cold, as Wembley's pitch looks like crap. Then again, we aren't using the same type of pitch.

Oh, and the stadium itself looks badass. Loving the roof.
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Never mind I take that back and I gotta say it's really disappointing to read some of this stuff. "parasites" really? I don't think anywhere else in the world this domestic posturing between 2 fan bases exists. You haven't even given this a chance guys it's not even year 1 yet. You have a Very committed ownership group that is pulling out every stop to make sure the pitch will hold up. it's 2016 Obviously technology has come a long way from the old mud bowl days. I don't want to over step my grounds I don't wan't to be attacked here but I'm going to imagine most of you are over 30 and you wouldn't know it from these posts I'm reading today. Put yourself in the Argos fans shoes. Finally they get to experience what every other market in Canada gets. If BMO was built for the Argos and TFC was getting kicked out of the DOME that was originally built 50/50 for them and say TFC needed permanent lines on the turf I would be pissed as a football fan. But too wish death on a franchise over it? yikes guys. Just be open to it. If it doesn't work than be up in arms and demand a change. You're entitled to it! but give it a chance at least! If the turf stays in good knick with no grid lines for soccer and no soccer lines for football and they find a clever way to get the north end to work for both teams than their is absolutely no downside to this at all. As for permanent Argos recognition again is it the end of the world? The place is full of TFC logo's and that won't bother Football fans one bit. it's such small petty details. The 2 things that should be worried about it #1pitch #2 atmosphere BMO has a great pitch and that shouldn't be changed for anyone. TFC fans have built up a great game day atmosphere and that shouldn't be affected at all. Can't we all just get along lol

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There are various opinions on the Argos and TFC schmozzle.

Its SUPPOSED to be on another thread.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mateo1985 View Post
    I think I might go to Argos first game at BMO just to see how much damage they're doing to the pitch and just cry inside.
    if you can get a ticket. I hear season ticket sales are going really really good for them.
    i didn't believe the posters who said they would fill bmo in year 1, but looks like they will.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    That includes the first good pic of the south end. Relevant to people in here.

grass looks in awesome shape right now.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Onyx View Post
    if you can get a ticket. I hear season ticket sales are going really really good for them.
    i didn't believe the posters who said they would fill bmo in year 1, but looks like they will.
    I'm really curious what the relocation process would be like going from one venue to another. I've only ever known one person who has had Argo's season tickets, but he just moved out west.
    Toronto 'til I die - but I think they're trying to kill me.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Toronto the shiny. Toronto the fickle.

translation: "It's the ticket of the year!" fast forward one year "meh. so passe."
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eustacchio View Post
    I'm really curious what the relocation process would be like going from one venue to another. I've only ever known one person who has had Argo's season tickets, but he just moved out west.
    Apparently its going on right now and MLSE has hired a bunch of people.

on that note, haven't really seen anything posted by former Northsiders (when do they get relocated, how it was done, are you happy with process, etc)?
    Last edited by Onyx; 02-05-2016 at 05:03 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

on that note, haven't really seen anything posted by former Northsiders (when do they get relocated, how it was done, are you happy with process, etc)?
    I have had no information about relocation from the north end yet. Was originally told to expect it late January, but nothing yet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As a former north end season ticket holder I would have to say that the whole relocation process has been a total slap in the face by MLSE. We were told that we would be relocated after the season ticket renewal date passed, then in January, now sometime in February. What is a real pisser is that in the meantime they have been selling new season ticket packages after we were told that we we have the first options to seats. When I contacted my TFC ticket rep he said that they were only selling seats that we did not want last year to new comers, when I replied that why would I want those seats last year when I had my seats he had no answer for me. I was told that if I don't find seats that I like I can get a refund of the money I have paid so far. I guess my 6 years as a season seat holder means nothing to them.
    Last edited by vince93; 02-05-2016 at 06:19 PM.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by epic pylon View Post
    Never mind I take that back and I gotta say it's really disappointing to read some of this stuff. "parasites" really? I don't think anywhere else in the world this domestic posturing between 2 fan bases exists. You haven't even given this a chance guys it's not even year 1 yet. You have a Very committed ownership group that is pulling out every stop to make sure the pitch will hold up. it's 2016 Obviously technology has come a long way from the old mud bowl days. I don't want to over step my grounds I don't wan't to be attacked here but I'm going to imagine most of you are over 30 and you wouldn't know it from these posts I'm reading today. Put yourself in the Argos fans shoes. Finally they get to experience what every other market in Canada gets. If BMO was built for the Argos and TFC was getting kicked out of the DOME that was originally built 50/50 for them and say TFC needed permanent lines on the turf I would be pissed as a football fan. But too wish death on a franchise over it? yikes guys. Just be open to it. If it doesn't work than be up in arms and demand a change. You're entitled to it! but give it a chance at least! If the turf stays in good knick with no grid lines for soccer and no soccer lines for football and they find a clever way to get the north end to work for both teams than their is absolutely no downside to this at all. As for permanent Argos recognition again is it the end of the world? The place is full of TFC logo's and that won't bother Football fans one bit. it's such small petty details. The 2 things that should be worried about it #1pitch #2 atmosphere BMO has a great pitch and that shouldn't be changed for anyone. TFC fans have built up a great game day atmosphere and that shouldn't be affected at all. Can't we all just get along lol

Piece by piece line by line this has all been covered. The "why" of it. It's in here if you want to look.

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    There are various opinions on the Argos and TFC schmozzle.

Its SUPPOSED to be on another thread.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really enjoyed how our stadium looked with seats where they should be in a soccer stadium.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Didn't get a chance to get out of raptors training facility in order to grab pictures of BMO field. But I do have pictures from raptors facility and I did get a chance to give Steven Caldwell a bit of a walk through the facility today. Was pretty awesome.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Id rather accept a poor grass surface than have them go back to plastic.
    I watched some of the watford game on Wednesday and their pitch didn't exactly look pristine.
    To expect perfection is asking a lot. To expect no argos signage or no faded lines is bwing a bit over the top, even though TL made that promise. But, it still needs to feel as if we're the primary tenant.
    CFL football isn't as bad as the nfl on the grass. It's spread out a bit more, NFL is alot of running up the middle. Obviously it's going to be difficult, but it's not going to be the mud bowl days all over again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll be the first to admit that I can't stand the CFL, I'd be happy if the league folded and we didn't have to see or read anything else about it.

Having said that, we're in this position now and it is what it is. I'm happy that we'll have a stadium with a roof, grass pitch and that they have staff committed to doing everything they can to maintain the pitch. I'm sure there will be times when it doesn't work out well but that's life. I'm not sure how some people can continue to gripe over every aspect the current situation. Time to move on at some point right?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes can we move on...lets see what happens.

I DONT CARE IF WE WIN OR LOSE...I JUST HOPE THE LAWN LOOKS GOOD

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Season tickets are doing well in part because seat holders guarantee themselves the option to buy Grey Cup tickets.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As TFC supporters, I would think we would be a tad more unimpressed with season ticket sales hype.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

grass looks in awesome shape right now.
    How about those shadows ? New problem ?
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jazzy View Post
    How about those shadows ? New problem ?
    Thus the grow lights.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Two words.

Three 'effs'.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    yes can we move on...lets see what happens.

I DONT CARE IF WE WIN OR LOSE...I JUST HOPE THE LAWN LOOKS GOOD

This made me smile.
    There will be some outcry. I guarantee it. The pitch will not be without blemishes. That will draw ire from some.
    That said, I'm confident this $140M investment will be worth it in the end. And the pitch will be fine on most days.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KurtLarSUN View Post
    This made me smile.
    There will be some outcry. I guarantee it. The pitch will not be without blemishes. That will draw ire from some.
    That said, I'm confident this $140M investment will be worth it in the end. And the pitch will be fine on most days.
    Honestly, with the level of investment MLSE has made in this pitch maintenance endeavour (as well as the expansion/roof/players), I'm more than willing to give them the benefit of the doubt/"let's wait and see" approach at this point. Obviously I'm not stoked about sharing the field with the Argos, but MLSE has done right by me so far in terms of making the best of the situation and doing everything in their power not to screw things up for TFC.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bimmer View Post
    Honestly, with the level of investment MLSE has made in this pitch maintenance endeavour (as well as the expansion/roof/players), I'm more than willing to give them the benefit of the doubt/"let's wait and see" approach at this point. Obviously I'm not stoked about sharing the field with the Argos, but MLSE has done right by me so far in terms of making the best of the situation and doing everything in their power not to screw things up for TFC.
    The reality is that both the Argonauts and TFC are tenants of BMO Field and at the end of the day why are we at TFC games, to support the 11 men on the pitch and they have nothing to do with if the field has some blemishes/little bit roughed up. I for one will never turn my back on why I love TFC and it something to think about when discussing this issue.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    The reality is that both the Argonauts and TFC are tenants of BMO Field and at the end of the day why are we at TFC games, to support the 11 men on the pitch and they have nothing to do with if the field has some blemishes/little bit roughed up. I for one will never turn my back on why I love TFC and it something to think about when discussing this issue.
    Agreed. I did see a few "I'm done with TFC/MLS" type reactions when the news first broke which seemed pretty over dramatic at the time, and even more so now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm in the same boat as you with the "lines on the field - never coming back crowd". Regardless what you think about MLSE, in the last 3 yrs they have expanded the stadium, brought in Internationals, got TFC to the Playoffs, and overall improved the product on the park ( 2016 fingers crossed ). The state of the grass should be way down the list given the investment and commitment made to the team. 10 yrs ago the best stadiums in toronto for soccer were Lamport / Varsity. If you can remember seeing the Blizzard play at the Ex, you would have choked someone for a grass park then. Don't sweat the small stuff, leave that to the professionals.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by greatwhitenorf View Post
    Two words.

Three 'effs'.
    Hey come on fella. I'm not in here trolling or trying to make enemy's, I'm simply trying to understand the situation from a TFC supporters eyes. I've been quite polite but I'm not gonna brown nose to make friends either.

Quick question from me to all of you.

Let's fast forward 3 seasons from now. No real problems with the pitch, lines are gone. grass is holding up well, Any Argos recognition in the stadium is there, but you don't even think about it any more blends in with everything else like a crack in a wind shield (please dont be the guy that points that out as a pun). more or less the argos don't have any effect on TFC visa versa.

What is the veiw on them at this point?

Also I know the last 2 seasons have been dreadful for the Argos but the RC isn't exactly a football friendly stadium, The dates in which they get games has been less than ideal, And Braley has abandoned them from a marketing standpoint, It should come as no surprise that attendance has fallen, but Just keep in mind the Argos were filling BMO and more from 2004 to 2009 and since then they have averaged around 22k not including last season but they played maybe 4 games at home in what can be described as a lame duck season. So really The Argos have to find 5000 fans out of a pretty impressive TV audience to come down to BMO 9 times a year. I feel most of you aren't naive enough believe that the Argos aren't going to pack BMO on a regular bases. Even if it's not what you want It's not a huge number to fill when you have 2/3rds of Canadas arguably most renowned marketing giant's behind them. This happened in Montreal with the als. Hamilton with the Ticats and Ottawa with the Redblacks who all draw capacity crowds in suitable stadiums. The right venue with the right ownership can change everything..hell It's probably a big reason TFC is such a success! because as passionate as you all are, TFC wouldn't be where they are today consistently in the Rogers centre.

So my question is why is there such resistance and a disbelief that the Argos can/will be successful off the field?

Again I mean no harm here I admire TFC fans for what you have built in only 10 years and I have a very healthy respect for the future of MLS in North America. But I really want to understand the hatred for the CFL on this side.
    Last edited by epic pylon; 02-06-2016 at 09:31 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

all you guys should have braveheart type battle....argo supporters and there great ratings lined up on the south end vs the TFC supporters and there shite ratings but great fans lined up on the north end...but plz not when its raining...we dont want to ruin the lawn.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    all you guys should have braveheart type battle....argo supporters and there great ratings lined up on the south end vs the TFC supporters and there shite ratings but great fans lined up on the north end...but plz not when its raining...we dont want to ruin the lawn.
    Bahaha thats funny!!

but hey! The Argos have some great fans too and for the most part have drawn the same numbers or higher than TFC (although BMO could only seat 20K so that doesn't paint a picture) . That being said they now have a level surface even though it's not a competition. The new BMO will be great for both franchises. I can't wait to see it in person when my bombers play there! Definitely making the trip and hopefully if the schedule is right I can catch a TFC game as well. Would love to experience it because i've head it's quite an event.

Either way 700k+ are watching Argos games And other CFL games were matching and out drawing the jays television ratings last season that has to be respected! You don't have to like it but you have to respect it the same way CFL fans have to respect that the MLS will have a brighter future than the CFL ever will. But for today..Only the NHL trumps the CFL in this country might not be like that forever but it is today. lol all jokes aside I just hope one day there will be a respect between TFC fans and Argos fans
    Last edited by epic pylon; 02-06-2016 at 10:05 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So my question is why is there such resistance and a disbelief that the Argos can/will be successful off the field?

Again I mean no harm here I admire TFC fans for what you have built in only 10 years and I have a very healthy respect for the future of MLS in North America. But I really want to understand the hatred for the CFL on this side.
    I think it has to do with 1) the timing of your post and 2) the audience that you're speaking to. Timing because this change just happened this offseason and none of us truly know what the implications of the Argos move is going to be at the moment. It could go terribly with wrecked pitches/distinct football lines or it could go smoothly with no effects whatsoever. If 3 years go by and the pitch is as good as before and the Argos scheduling doesn't affect TFC's in any way, I'm positive that the Argos and their fans would receive far less hate. As for the audience, you have to remember that a lot of the people on this board are those who are most "invested" in TFC/MLS. We've already seen and experienced the plastic pitches, the football lines, the bobbly grass, etc. and just as the team might be turning it around from being the joke of the league to one of the most talented, here comes this threat that may significantly affect the team's ability to perform and ruin the matchday experience... you can see how some of these heavily invested individuals may harbor some dislike of the team that is the crux of the threat? That said, wishing death upon the franchise/league may be a little overboard but I think you can interpret that as just "I don't want the Argos affecting TFC in any way." I think if you asked a more casual audience (ie. not one of the major supporters groups lol) they would be mostly apathetic or maybe even receptive to the Argos move.