Page 32 of 86 FirstFirst ... 222829303132333435364282 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pint View Post
    Yep, personally i love rain games. The people in the stands have let go of whatever inhibitions they may usually bring and go all out for the team.
    i love the summer rain games. march/april & october .... not so much

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Onyx View Post
    i love the summer rain games. march/april & october .... not so much
    I can understand that at least... have a hard time understanding people caring about getting wet in june/july/aug.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

another Lie from TL... part of me hopes they are smart enough to keep it away from anywhere people can get at it, part of me hopes they are stupid and have them within reach.
    We don't yet know what "recognition" is. I pressed. Wasn't given an answer. Could be very little. A few exterior elements. Might not -- I repeat MIGHT not -- be a big deal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KurtLarSUN View Post
    We don't yet know what "recognition" is. I pressed. Wasn't given an answer. Could be very little. A few exterior elements. Might not -- I repeat MIGHT not -- be a big deal.
    When this was been brought up behind the scenes and I couldn't get a straigh answer i figured something was coming, your article just confirmed it. If its small and out of the way as a token gesture then okay (although a 200mil stadium for free was probably enough). Same with the pitch, it could be good, it could hold up but nothing i have seen or been told fills me with confidence.

The pitch will be fine 80+% of the time, but no amount of planning can set up a perfect schedule. If the Argos play in the type of storm we have seen in the past (think gold cup game) the pitch will get torn up and their is nothing that can be done to prevent it and it will take a while to repair.

I'm not wanting to be negative but nothing i have seen, heard or been told directly has filled me with confidence or made me think this year is anything other than an experiment when it comes to stadium sharing.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am hoping what they mean by 'recognition' is simply hanging the Argo's Grey Cup and retired number banners.
    Those were expected to go up somewhere, hopefully out of the way (maybe in the gap on the west side stands/roof?)
    Toronto FC,#CMNT & #CWNT, Scotland, Heart of Midlothian FC, Tottenham Hotspur FC
    "The Harder the Struggle, The Greater the Reward" - @OsoJ92

AWAY DAYS - CHICAGO August 2017, MONTREAL March 2018

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When this was been brought up behind the scenes and I couldn't get a straigh answer i figured something was coming, your article just confirmed it. If its small and out of the way as a token gesture then okay (although a 200mil stadium for free was probably enough). Same with the pitch, it could be good, it could hold up but nothing i have seen or been told fills me with confidence.

The pitch will be fine 80+% of the time, but no amount of planning can set up a perfect schedule. If the Argos play in the type of storm we have seen in the past (think gold cup game) the pitch will get torn up and their is nothing that can be done to prevent it and it will take a while to repair.

I'm not wanting to be negative but nothing i have seen, heard or been told directly has filled me with confidence or made me think this year is anything other than an experiment when it comes to stadium sharing.
    Fair point about the weather. In terms of replacing the pitch, they'd use one of two back up pitches currently growing in Hamilton. Takes three days for that to settle and be playable, according to head of grounds.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fair point about the weather. In terms of replacing the pitch, they'd use one of two back up pitches currently growing in Hamilton. Takes three days for that to settle and be playable, according to head of grounds.
    yes i would still question it being able to take root and be level in that short of time. I know their intention is to make this work because far too many $$$ are on the line but permanent solutions for the issues haven't been found and i wish they would be upfront about that instead of ignoring or lying about things.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cas87 View Post
    I am hoping what they mean by 'recognition' is simply hanging the Argo's Grey Cup and retired number banners.
    Those were expected to go up somewhere, hopefully out of the way (maybe in the gap on the west side stands/roof?)
    I'm hoping that this "recognition" is outside the stadium. Maybe as simple as hanging some vertical banners on lamp posts on the grounds surrounding the stadium.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it will be close. I believe that they had about 550 seats behind goal aside from the stand, which held about 1050. So if the go back and then add those 550 behind goal,and about 500 GA tickets on the patio - then bingo you are at 29650 or thereabouts - close enough We'll have to see what is announced on May 7th.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cas87 View Post
    This is what I was thinking too. Put them up on Argos game day and they come down when TFC are playing.

There will be something in and around their dressing and I figure they'll be running out where the KIA car normally sits so something around there too.

More than that though???

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey guys! Just joined up to keep up on the BMO Construction figured this was the best place to stay up to date. Wasn't originally going to post anything because I'm a CFL supporter so this really isn't my place. but I have read back a few pages and I have to say you guys are a classy bunch. I thought there would be a lot of Argos/CFL hate and either than a few sarcastic posts here and there you guys seem like a great bunch. I really hope this works out for both sides in the end it's not ideal but here we are. I'm not an Argos fan but I am a very passionate about the well being of the CFL and it's no secret BMO is Great for the Argos and indirectly also great for the league. That being said I hope this shared stadium situation doesn't affect the TFC experience you have built over the last decade, I completely understand the frustration. I also hope the shoving match between both supporters comes to an end even though its a small minority of both fan bases, it's not productive. Thanks for the updates!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree EPIC...lets make the best of this situation and hope it works out for both clubs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey guys, for those concerned about the grass at BMO Field, I spoke with BMO Field's head groundsman yesterday http://www.torontosun.com/2016/02/05...g-the-pressure

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey guys, for those concerned about the grass at BMO Field, I spoke with BMO Field's head groundsman yesterday http://www.torontosun.com/2016/02/05...g-the-pressure
    Hey Kurt

Just wanted to formally welcome you here, thanks for joining up and sharing!
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

Twitter: @RPBPhil

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for having me. Figured I might as well join since I've been coming here often the last few years.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not sure Wembley is the right place to look for best practices considering the mess that field has been in for the England team after US football games last year.. but in fairness it looks like they are trying..
    Fail to prepare, prepare to fail.
    Roy Keane

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sully View Post
    I'm not sure Wembley is the right place to look for best practices considering the mess that field has been in for the England team after US football games last year.. but in fairness it looks like they are trying..
    My understanding is MLSE reached out to Wembley for paint recommendations. In terms of the pitch, Wembley is a hybrid surface, which Heggie (in the story) told me "will always play well" but won't always look pleasing to the eye. Found it interesting that he took that into consideration. He wants the pitch to look good and play good.
    Last edited by KurtLarSUN; 02-05-2016 at 09:00 AM.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you. While hearing from the groundsman is good I suggest everyone read the article to get a sense of Hunter's plan for the surface.

On another note entirely (not aimed at you Kurt)

Renewal deadline was in November. NOW we get assurances. Too late. Everybody who trusts ya already has their seasons.
    Last edited by Fort York Redcoat; 02-05-2016 at 04:17 PM.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the update. I'm not thrilled with the ground sharing issue, but it definitely seems as though MLSE is pulling out all the stops to preserve the integrity of the game day experience for TFC supporters, so I give them credit for that.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kurt,

any indication as to what the Argo identity visible in the stadium will be?

Thanks.

My take:

Posters in those things above the urinals wouldn't be horrible.
    they pimp the marlies, MLSE foundation, etc...

maybe a banner in the concourse?

I guess they'll light up the roof Blue when the Argo's play, which isn't a big deal. (Pretty much what they do at Allianz arena in Munich, and other places)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

An honour to see you contributing on here Kurt, a fan of your column!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This was a good read. I don't always like your game stuff but you always try to provide good information when you can. This was actually an interesting article, still skeptical but feeling better about it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good to see MLSE spending the money to make sure the pitch stands up.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As the groundsdude said, the issue will be when 2 inches of rain falls during a game.

Good article Kurt - thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wagner View Post
    Kurt,

any indication as to what the Argo identity visible in the stadium will be?

Thanks.

My take:

Posters in those things above the urinals wouldn't be horrible.
    they pimp the marlies, MLSE foundation, etc...

maybe a banner in the concourse?

I guess they'll light up the roof Blue when the Argo's play, which isn't a big deal. (Pretty much what they do at Allianz arena in Munich, and other places)
    No indication. I pushed a little during my walk through. I didn't get the sense it would be significant. But, I mean, the Argos have a massive locker room. I imagine it will be decorated both inside and out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    As the groundsdude said, the issue will be when 2 inches of rain falls during a game.

Good article Kurt - thanks.

From what I can tell, two inches of rain during an Argos game would essentially signal what Heggie called an emergency. They'd basically bring in an entirely new pitch from Hamilton overnight. That pitch would need 3-4 days to settle. That's why it's key TFC/Argos got the schedules needed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last edited by Areathrasher; 02-05-2016 at 10:12 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From what I can tell, two inches of rain during an Argos game would essentially signal what Heggie called an emergency. They'd basically bring in an entirely new pitch from Hamilton overnight. That pitch would need 3-4 days to settle. That's why it's key TFC/Argos got the schedules needed.
    So if there was a significant downpour in more than 1 Argos game, we'd be out of reserve pitches? And what if it rains more than that?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    According to Kurt's article, the paint MLSE has settled on is the 3rd from the left. I have to say, that is impressive.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CanadaLFC View Post
    So if there was a significant downpour in more than 1 Argos game, we'd be out of reserve pitches? And what if it rains more than that?
    I would think there would be a postponement.