0 Thread(s)

Great update Og

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by greatwhitenorf View Post
    Nice shooting Og. Those images really give us a strong sense of the scale and size of the roof. The way the roof slopes back from the pitch-side edges, it looks like it's designed to draw rain water or melted snow towards the middle, where there must be drains to remove it. Wonder if they have a water recycling system to use it on the pitch. Or toilets.

Thanks.

I'm thinking the gantry at the dip is temporary (wood flooring) but likely to be used to put the drainage in place once the roof panels are installed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They may need to keep it up there for maintenance of the lighting and sound system

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What a big old bitch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Is some sort of ruggedized router setup for stadium wifi for the public being installed?
    We're so wrapped up with the NBA ASG and Practice Facility we have no time for anything else.

Considering the big events coming in the fall/winter next year, I'd wager we do roll that out but nothing official yet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by the beat View Post
    What a big old bitch.
    My thoughts exactly as I stopped by to see this in person. It's our Bitch and what a bitch she is

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by greatwhitenorf View Post
    Nice shooting Og. Those images really give us a strong sense of the scale and size of the roof. The way the roof slopes back from the pitch-side edges, it looks like it's designed to draw rain water or melted snow towards the middle, where there must be drains to remove it. Wonder if they have a water recycling system to use it on the pitch. Or toilets.

After seeing how the Minnesota Vikings are covering one side of the roof on their new indoor stadium with translucent plastic panels, I can't help but wonder if that would be do-able here. It would let light through but not create distinct shadow patterns on the field.
    they don't have seagulls in minnesota ... all your going to see through translucent panels is bird shit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ryan View Post
    We're so wrapped up with the NBA ASG and Practice Facility we have no time for anything else.

Considering the big events coming in the fall/winter next year, I'd wager we do roll that out but nothing official yet.
    Makes sense. Thanks.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great pics, Og.

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    I wonder what they will do with the snow, since the lowest part of the roof is not at the edge? (Good thing too, you wouldn't want snow & ice sliding off that baby, falling onto the spectators or players below.) Will they send someone up there with a roof rake? Or some kind of heating system in the roof to melt the snow & ice?
    From an engineering perspective, snow would likely concentrate at the lowest point, thereby focusing the snow load where there is actual support. You don't want a lot of snow towards either edge of the roof as the design would put larger moment of inertia/torsion on joints of the roof's supporting columns.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes I'm nit-picking, but the roof over the press box seems a little useless now. I wonder if they will do any renovations to it? I also wonder if it is big enough to accommodate larger events if needed since we aren't a soccer specific stadium any more.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Onyx View Post
    they don't have seagulls in minnesota ... all your going to see through translucent panels is bird shit
    One doesn't actually see much through translucent panels. But the bird issue doesn't seem to stop the use of such panels in British or European stadia. We can hire curling teams in their off season to go up and give it good wet mopping.

And our watch-hawk Bitchy will be in mid-season form all year long.
    Last edited by greatwhitenorf; 02-01-2016 at 03:46 PM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mastermixer View Post
    Yes I'm nit-picking, but the roof over the press box seems a little useless now. I wonder if they will do any renovations to it? I also wonder if it is big enough to accommodate larger events if needed since we aren't a soccer specific stadium any more.
    The potential is certainly there to build up the back and add more seats, party suites and a new media centre.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Initial B View Post
    Great pics, Og.

From an engineering perspective, snow would likely concentrate at the lowest point, thereby focusing the snow load where there is actual support. You don't want a lot of snow towards either edge of the roof as the design would put larger moment of inertia/torsion on joints of the roof's supporting columns.
    Yes that makes sense. Do you think they will just let the snow pile up though, and melt by itself? With the size of that roof, I could imagine that could get extremely heavy in a bad year -- like the previous two years, where it stayed cold very long so that snow & ice built up and didn't melt over a long time. Plus chunks of snow & ice getting blown off during an April game might be risky...?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From twitter user @TOsnowman who took this from a Porter flight

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's starting to take shape. It's going to look a lot more imposing when it's done.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    Yes that makes sense. Do you think they will just let the snow pile up though, and melt by itself? With the size of that roof, I could imagine that could get extremely heavy in a bad year -- like the previous two years, where it stayed cold very long so that snow & ice built up and didn't melt over a long time. Plus chunks of snow & ice getting blown off during an April game might be risky...?
    good point

walking around the Ex in the winter might be a risk if that snow / rice builds up and slides off

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    I just want to say something about this next shot.

You want an idea of how big this sucker is?

Remember how LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG the upper East side is? Now look at this puppy.

See those beams that go across? They are 6 feet high.

This thing is HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE.

Is this not going to be a pizza oven towards the centre and top , in the summer months?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The one thing that comes to mind looking at the South East Pillar is that not everyone in 112 will be able to see everyone in 111 or 110. It can get the "Massive" a little bit more "less graphic" but it shouldn't be an issue.

I believe in the end, once everyone gets used to how the North End looks again, we will have a pretty great looking venue to watch footy games

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no because there will be airflow still (its not enclosed), it will be like sitting under a tree in the shade.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post
    It's starting to take shape. It's going to look a lot more imposing when it's done.
    I remember the video of DeFoe when he was driving in along the Gardiner and he saw it for the first time...lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mateo1985 View Post
    The one thing that comes to mind looking at the South East Pillar is that not everyone in 112 will be able to see everyone in 111 or 110. It can get the "Massive" a little bit more "less graphic" but it shouldn't be an issue.

I believe in the end, once everyone gets used to how the North End looks again, we will have a pretty great looking venue to watch footy games
    Similarly I would imagine that many of the people in the south end of the east stand upper deck will be looking down at the top of the south stand roof. Somewhat visually disconnected from the supporters, but hopefully still able to hear them.

Im in 110 so not a problem for me personally

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OTDude82 View Post
    Similarly I would imagine that many of the people in the south end of the east stand upper deck will be looking down at the top of the south stand roof. ..
    Based on what I saw last weekend the south roof will be at the same height as the top of the south east.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Based on what I saw last weekend the south roof will be at the same height as the top of the south east.
    What do you mean same height as the south east?
    The mounting points for the south roof are already on the support beams... It's going to be significantly lower than the east and west roof.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    What do you mean same height as the south east?
    The mounting points for the south roof are already on the support beams... It's going to be significantly lower than the east and west roof.

Here an example
    urbantoronto-10629-38316.jpeg

If you look at the image posted by AreaThrasher above, then I believe the roof will be secured at the third "rung" level of the support towers.
    Last edited by OTDude82; 02-02-2016 at 09:16 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ur right. About 10 rows will be above the south roof. I lay on my couch corrected.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ur right. About 10 rows will be above the south roof. I lay on my couch corrected.
    Lol.
    i just didn't know what you meant by "south east", but figured you were talking about the other roof sections. If the south was the same height as the west, that would be comical.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The new lighting is mounted under the roofs. What are they doing for lights on the north side since there are no stands or roof to mount them on. It would be disruptive to the players to have uneven lighting.
    Last edited by Fort York Redcoat; 02-03-2016 at 08:51 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    The new lighting is mounted under the roofs. What are they doing for lights on the north side since there are no stands or roof to mount them on. It would be disruptive to the players to have uneven lighting.
    I believe the lights will be located along the east & west sides?
    Last edited by Fort York Redcoat; 02-03-2016 at 08:52 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I swung by the stadium late tonight after viewing a condo near the area.

I must say, I agree with the poster who said it feels VERY intimidating. I really like this. Feels like a legit stadium now in my opinion. More then perfect for a team that's 10 years old. Really, really, really happy. This will make me want to go to more games this year. It really pumped me up to want to go to more games this year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Defoe View Post
    I swung by the stadium late tonight after viewing a condo near the area.

I must say, I agree with the poster who said it feels VERY intimidating. I really like this. Feels like a legit stadium now in my opinion. More then perfect for a team that's 10 years old. Really, really, really happy. This will make me want to go to more games this year. It really pumped me up to want to go to more games this year.
    It's starting to look pretty badass.

Last couple months I've had to go to Liberty Village on a regular basis and when I hit Ex Go, it's amazing the progress they've been making.

Our little BMO all grown up. Fuck the haters.