Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

don't wanna be a dick but I still see the line they were trying to wash off. Hopefully with a few more washes it will be gone completely.

I do wonder though: A lot of other clubs have enough resources to afford this "latest technology" to erase the football lines from the pitch before soccer games but they are always still visible. Some examples are Seattle, Houston, Philly. Through 2015 season they all played some games with football lines very visible. So I'm not too optimistic about this.

I'm still going to enjoy watching TFC games at BMO though. Or whatever it will be called once the sponsor changes.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by james View Post
    Wembley is completely relevant, it is a stadium that when other sports are being hosted different advertisements are raised, BMO field is no different (guess what..BMO is also a multi sport stadium). I am not saying Argos and TFC don't get along. I just don't see why Argos would not put up temporary posters for advertising reasons that are geared to Argos 28k Argo fans when Argos are playing, same for TFC. It just wouldn't make sense really not to. I would be really surprised if at some point Argos posters are not put up at BMO field. If not this year, it be only a matter of time id imagine, advertising involves money and sponsors, why would you turn it down for something like temporary posters?

Remember TFC manages the building. It's really up to them whether or not Argos can advertising in the stadium or not and how permanent the ads are. You are right, it probably will happen as any Argo advertising would have a percentage going to TFC coffers for sure.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post
    Remember TFC manages the building. It's really up to them whether or not Argos can advertising in the stadium or not and how permanent the ads are. You are right, it probably will happen as any Argo advertising would have a percentage going to TFC coffers for sure.
    Well mls manages the building... mlse also manages ticketing, marketing and a couple other back end things for the blue guys now

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pint View Post
    Well mls manages the building... mlse also manages ticketing, marketing and a couple other back end things for the blue guys now
    i'm told its managed the same way as the leafs and tfc. executive and front-office (sports related) personal at club level, everything else ticketing, sponsorships, marketing, accounting is run by MLSE.

apparently MLSE has hired a ton of people over the past few months to get ready for the argonauts.
    Last edited by Onyx; 01-06-2016 at 03:04 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by greatwhitenorf View Post
    Pas de problem, Sparky:

http://www.torontosun.com/2015/05/07...o-tfcs-stadium

Leiweke is usually quoted, but the story indicates Bob Hunter was part of the group and he happily echoed everything Leiweke said. MLSE staunchly maintained that tone throughout all their discussions prior to BMO Field reopening last spring. My group even had MLSE communications director Dave Haggith for company.

Here's what he said in another article:
    But as MLSE chief project development officer Bob Hunter explained to the Sun, the organization is already doing testing to determine the best method of removing football lines for MLS games.

“We’re testing it at the Kia Training Ground now,” Hunter said. “It would be a steam cleaning system to remove the lines.
    “We’ve had a mandate that we can’t screw up the soccer experience.

http://www.ottawasun.com/2015/05/06/...-new-bmo-field
    Molinaro's tweet from oepning 2015 "18,000 season seat holders + 2,000 "premium seat" holders for a total of 20,000 season seat holders."

WOW, i never read that last year. So it really is a matter of people just not showing up

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gazza_55 View Post
    I don't think it's possible to remove an Argos logo off the field in 6 days to be ready for a TFC match.
    I'm confident i heard that there will be no logos on the grass surface except for playoffs and grey cups. This is probably just for argos marketing. There will be logos on the north endzone which will be field turf.
    I watched lots of MLS games from Dallas and houston and do see washed out markings but they are far more faint than picture ... and they are more heavily used for football than bmo will be. coloured logos don't wash out as well as white, thats why i don't see it happening.
    Last edited by Onyx; 01-06-2016 at 01:08 PM.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    My god man, billyfly you just hit 25 000 posts on here. I don't know whether to congratulate you or wish you well in TFC rehab.
    Word. He dwarfs pretty well anyone else on here.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by C.Ronaldo View Post
    Molinaro's tweet from oepning 2015 "18,000 season seat holders + 2,000 "premium seat" holders for a total of 20,000 season seat holders."

WOW, i never read that last year. So it really is a matter of people just not showing up
    I think thats just more TL bullshit.
    Based on games last year, i would estimate the season ticket base is around 13k-15kish. single game purchases is 3k for normal games, big games in summer 8-10k. That where you get the realistic 14k for crap games, 18k for normal games and 25k for impact, orlando, etc (the apparently "soldout" games).

Except in the southend, i guessing they will have a drop off in season ticket base ... people are realizing you don't need to be a SSH any more to get good seats with stadium expansion, last year had a giant seba signing to sell to SSH, argos coming, etc...
    Last edited by Onyx; 01-06-2016 at 01:06 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GabrielHurl View Post
    I think there is a great opportunity here to make a fun TIFO with Neo from the Matrix... "There is no line" vs. "There is no spoon"

All depends on how visible the lines are!
    Tune into the Official Red Patch Boys Podcast on Spotify and Apple Music.

https://open.spotify.com/show/09Tk3GUscsd2ca1wl4mao1?si=vr_u5SdqRvm4HMqKYBE1wQ&d l_branch=1

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pas de problem, Sparky:

http://www.torontosun.com/2015/05/07...o-tfcs-stadium

Leiweke is usually quoted, but the story indicates Bob Hunter was part of the group and he happily echoed everything Leiweke said. MLSE staunchly maintained that tone throughout all their discussions prior to BMO Field reopening last spring. My group even had MLSE communications director Dave Haggith for company.

Here's what he said in another article:
    But as MLSE chief project development officer Bob Hunter explained to the Sun, the organization is already doing testing to determine the best method of removing football lines for MLS games.

“We’re testing it at the Kia Training Ground now,” Hunter said. “It would be a steam cleaning system to remove the lines.
    “We’ve had a mandate that we can’t screw up the soccer experience.

http://www.ottawasun.com/2015/05/06/...-new-bmo-field
    Firstly, am I the only one who merits that pet name? If so, kudos.

Secondly, I'm not arguing their best intentions to experiment with natural grass THIS year. There's not been any guarantees (rightly) about what happens to the surface after this experimental year.

Assurances about the future from someone no longer at the club don't fill me with confidence.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was told otherwise on the ticketing side.
    I could be wrong, but the guy that told me would know.
    rogers probably doesn't want the 40% of each worker that is theirs handling Bell Media property stuff.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Word. He dwarfs pretty well anyone else on here.
    I've seen too much too young.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ahh, so this is what Billyfly must have meant when he said the Boatmen would have a larger, on-going presence in the stadium area.

Shrinkwrapped boat storage. Dandy employment for the Argos in their many months of down time.

Good one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wagner View Post
    I was told otherwise on the ticketing side.
    I could be wrong, but the guy that told me would know.
    rogers probably doesn't want the 40% of each worker that is theirs handling Bell Media property stuff.
    could be right but i could have sworn i saw MLSE post a director of ticketing position for the blue guys

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

could be right but i could have sworn i saw MLSE post a director of ticketing position for the blue guys
    You did - I saw it on the jobs sites before Christmas. The ad is gone now though

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If that's the result after only one garden hosing, maybe it will work after all?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

interesting.
    it makes sense.

i wonder how that works.

they might as well do the jays while they are at it...
    why not?
    CFL = TSN/Bell
    MLB = SN/Rogers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pls dont confuse what I am saying and do not interpret what Bob Hunter and TL told you to mean no Argos anywhere.

There will be blue and there will be an Argos footprint at BMO. Exactly what, where, when is pending approvals and other decisions. It will not even be this coming season per se but a few years out.
    Last edited by billyfly; 01-06-2016 at 06:17 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post
    If that's the result after only one garden hosing, maybe it will work after all?
    As long as they don't use the same paint for the soccer lines...especially on a rainy day. What happens when Argos play on a rainy day? No lines by halftime?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You did - I saw it on the jobs sites before Christmas. The ad is gone now though

I would think they could simply assign double duty to the ticket director of the Marlies.

Basic job is to shovel a satchel full of free tickets into community service genie (and very nice person) Greg Schell's hands and have him trot off to house league rinks in Scarboro with some fuzzy-suited mascot where they'll hand them out in a bid to lure the poor, the down-trodden, the un-informed and the apathetic to attend a tier-two hockey event mostly played by guys they've never heard of. Or will.

Pretty much fits how it'll work for the Argos. Just substitute high-kicking, pom-pom rustling, super enthusiastic cheerleaders for the mascot and malls for arena dressing rooms.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would think they could simply assign double duty to the ticket director of the Marlies.

Basic job is to shovel a satchel full of free tickets into community service genie (and very nice person) Greg Schell's hands and have him trot off to house league rinks in Scarboro with some fuzzy-suited mascot where they'll hand them out in a bid to lure the poor, the down-trodden, the un-informed and the apathetic to attend a tier-two hockey event mostly played by guys they've never heard of. Or will.

Pretty much fits how it'll work for the Argos. Just substitute high-kicking, pom-pom rustling, super enthusiastic cheerleaders for the mascot and malls for arena dressing rooms.
    Greg is actually in the Hockey Development dept.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It looks like shit. I want no lines. This is not acceptable, garden hose or not. Show me results with 100% results. I would cancel my season tickets if I see this shit come 2016!!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It looks like shit. I want no lines. This is not acceptable, garden hose or not. Show me results with 100% results. I would cancel my season tickets if I see this shit come 2016!!!
    Just out of curiosity, don't take this as an attack...
    why do the faint lines matter? If they were there 3 games of the year... You'd stop supporting TFC?
    What if there are solid not washed football lines on the pitch for 2 games? Out of 17 home games... You'd leave?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    why do the faint lines matter? If they were there 3 games of the year... You'd stop supporting TFC?
    What if there are solid not washed football lines on the pitch for 2 games? Out of 17 home games... You'd leave?
    I probably won't attend any games this season with viable lines... if too many happen or they happen in high profile late season/playoff games then i reconsider my tickets.

I can use the money i would spend going to bmo on away travel.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think faint lines do matter for me. I live and breath TFC (to the detriment of those around me). No other sport has ever come close to the game day experience for me. Any kind of pointy ball lines on the field will be a distraction and constant irritation. It's not going to make me cancel my season tickets. I'll still be at every game but there will be a certain amount of resentment at having any part of the game ruined.

RPB Member
    Vice-President

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    I think faint lines do matter for me. I live and breath TFC (to the detriment of those around me). No other sport has ever come close to the game day experience for me. Any kind of pointy ball lines on the field will be a distraction and constant irritation. It's not going to make me cancel my season tickets. I'll still be at every game but there will be a certain amount of resentment at having any part of the game ruined.
    This. I have watched soccer games on TV and Youtube with so many other permanent lines on the field as well as the soccer pitch lines that I was confused as to when a ball went into touch. But still watched it - irritated, but watched it. I don't think this will be worse than watching a soccer game played on a baseball field (watching TFC play at NYCFC is just plain painful), or better yet, the early season NFL games that are played on baseball diamonds.
    Road Games:
    2013 - Montréal , 2014 - Orlando (Disney Classic), Montréal
    2015 - Columbus, New England, Montréal
    2016 - NYCFC (Leg 2 Conference Semis), Montréal (Leg 1 Conference Final)
    2017 - Ottawa (Leg 1 Canadian Championship Semi), DCU, Red Bulls (Leg 1 Conference Final), Columbus (Leg 2 Conference Final)
    2019 - Montréal, NYCFC (Eastern Conference Semi @ Citi Field), Seattle (MLS Cup Final)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i dont care if we win or lose...i jus hope the lawn looks good

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would cancel my season tickets if I see this shit come 2016!!!
    If they were there 3 games of the year... You'd stop supporting TFC?
    Cancelling seasons tickets is not cancelling support of the team. It's not even saying one isn't attending. Only that one won't commit a season to an unguaranteed quality. Not that that's even the only reason to not renewing seasons. There are plenty. Just like there are plenty of ways to support.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are any of you fans of the Leafs or Raptors? Did you cancel your Raptor's seasons tickets when you found out that the Leafs were also going to be playing in the ACC? (If I'm not misstaken I believe the ACC was initially being built for the raptors).