Page 21 of 86 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BMO Field is no longer a SSS and we have to understand that. We can all have opinions on this and that, but the stadium is no longer TFC's (if it ever was considering its on CNE grounds)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by billyfly View Post
    BMO Field is no longer a SSS and we have to understand that. We can all have opinions on this and that, but the stadium is no longer TFC's (if it ever was considering its on CNE grounds)
    It never was TFC's. it was built for the U20 world cup as "Canada's National Soccer Stadium." The CSA seems to have given that away though. if they had been tougher, maybe, just maybe, the Argo situation would be different.

We deserve some of the blame though. By calling for a roof and other expensive additions, we opened the door for the Argo boosters to say "you can only have that with the Argos"

But isn't this the photo thread?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^Yes. So I wonder where the blue will be in those photos in the coming months.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^Yes. So I wonder where the blue will be in those photos in the coming months.
    When the Argos sign Rocket Ismail and Ricky Williams to long term deals.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Somewhere John Candy is looking down on all this and saying "I need a beer."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No I don't know that story per se. What I am saying is that the Argos will have a permanent foothold on CNE grounds and that ideas that BMO stadium will ONLY look to be a soccer ground with TFC imprints are incorrect. The exact details TBD.
    It sounds like you have some behind the scene knowledge. Care to share as MLSE doesn't seem to care to tell their the fans anything.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can this thread be for construction pictures only and not hyperbolic hearsay? I'm tired of this shit.
    Last edited by PopePouri; 01-05-2016 at 03:12 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PopePouri View Post
    Can this thread be for construction pictures only and not hyperbolic hearsay? I'm tired of this shit.
    My words are not hearsay and I was wondering where the blue and Argo logos will be in looking at the pictures.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Blame MLSE for not sharing any details about this phase with us.

We are just left to question everything

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by troy1982 View Post
    It sounds like you have some behind the scene knowledge. Care to share as MLSE doesn't seem to care to tell their the fans anything.
    The Argos will have a large presence on the CNE grounds and at BMO field (even greater than TFC who are in Downsview).

I like the pictures posted so far and thanks to the user who posted. I wish that the North end could have mimicked the south in least some aspects, but as most of us know there is a large number of people that enjoy the patio/beer garden environment at TFC games.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Please Agree

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the update " billyfly" so what your saying is that eventually when people think of BMO they will think Argos and wonder what is this TFC , can't say I will be surprised.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SoccMan2 View Post
    Thanks for the update " billyfly" so what your saying is that eventually when people think of BMO they will think Argos and wonder what is this TFC , can't say I will be surprised.
    Not necessarily. It will be a shared building but not as TFC as most of us would like.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My words are not hearsay and I was wondering where the blue and Argo logos will be in looking at the pictures.
    I can respect your views because you sound confident, but I'm having a hard time believing that. At least with any permanent structures. I'm not doubting there will be tons of banners and blue on Argo game days though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    I can respect your views because you sound confident, but I'm having a hard time believing that. At least with any permanent structures. I'm not doubting there will be tons of banners and blue on Argo game days though.
    Define what you think is permanent. Will they downplay one team when another one is playing/using the stadium? Sure

What we are talking about is there will be many "blue traces" and structures at BMO that are Argonaut specific.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Blame MLSE for not sharing any details about this phase with us.

We are just left to question everything
    I don't care.

This is a construction pictures thread. There's 15 other bullshit threads all about Argos and how they're going to ruin our BMO experience.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I expect that there will be some temporary banners and the like at BMO this year. However most of the large Argo sponsorship stuff and Argo signage will only be visible to the people watching on TV as they will be digital. The 750k TV audience is equally as important as the 25k in the stands maybe more so. This is actually good for us as the large field logos will be superimposed digitally.
    I.e. Nothing to wash off

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OTDude82 View Post
    I expect that there will be some temporary banners and the like at BMO this year. However most of the large Argo sponsorship stuff and Argo signage will only be visible to the people watching on TV as they will be digital. The 750k TV audience is equally as important as the 25k in the stands maybe more so. This is actually good for us as the large field logos will be superimposed digitally.
    I.e. Nothing to wash off
    The sponsors logos yes - but there's going to be an Argos logo in the centre of the field - and the Argos name will be in the north end zone only.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Argos will have a large presence on the CNE grounds and at BMO field (even greater than TFC who are in Downsview).

I like the pictures posted so far and thanks to the user who posted. I wish that the North end could have mimicked the south in least some aspects, but as most of us know there is a large number of people that enjoy the patio/beer garden environment at TFC games.
    Can you be more specific, larger than TFC in what way

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let's hope that the rendering of the Argos field is conceptual.
    Sort of like the lights mounted under the south stand roof.
    Last edited by OTDude82; 01-05-2016 at 06:05 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Define what you think is permanent. Will they downplay one team when another one is playing/using the stadium? Sure

What we are talking about is there will be many "blue traces" and structures at BMO that are Argonaut specific.
    By perminent, I mean any blue paint on metal / concrete. It doesn't really make sense financially or esthetically. It would make more sense for them to paint the stadium white, rather than blue. You know what I mean?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GabrielHurl View Post
    The sponsors logos yes - but there's going to be an Argos logo in the centre of the field - and the Argos name will be in the north end zone only.

I don't think it's possible to remove an Argos logo off the field in 6 days to be ready for a TFC match.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OTDude82 View Post
    Let's hope that the rendering of the Argos field is conceptual.
    Sort of like the lights mounted under the south stand roof.
    It looks like they changed the seats from red to blue, so I would say it's 99% just a concept photo.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ahh, so this is what Billyfly must have meant when he said the Boatmen would have a larger, on-going presence in the stadium area.

Shrinkwrapped boat storage. Dandy employment for the Argos in their many months of down time.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who from MLSE promised us that no permanent Argos symbols would be on the stadium?
    MLSE stadium ops boss Bob Hunter, for one.

Told a gathering of media just before the re-opening that it would always be a 'soccer first' stadium. A few days later, he told a group I was with that they "can't screw this up for soccer", and that the field would always be a proper grass surface.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Wembley was built as a multi use stadium. Bad example.

There's no need for the Argos new ownership to be that provocative. I also recall somebody stating specifically they wouldn't do that.

By all accounts Argo and TFC staff up at Downsview get along. We'll see. There are a few asshats among Argo fans but the majority are just looking for a new experience.
    Wembley is completely relevant, it is a stadium that when other sports are being hosted different advertisements are raised, BMO field is no different (guess what..BMO is also a multi sport stadium). I am not saying Argos and TFC don't get along. I just don't see why Argos would not put up temporary posters for advertising reasons that are geared to Argos 28k Argo fans when Argos are playing, same for TFC. It just wouldn't make sense really not to. I would be really surprised if at some point Argos posters are not put up at BMO field. If not this year, it be only a matter of time id imagine, advertising involves money and sponsors, why would you turn it down for something like temporary posters?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I personally don't care about posters or Argos banners. The pitch and the team is the only thing that matters to me. The seats can be pink with pony stickers on them, I don't care.. I'm not there to support the seats or the external look of BMO field.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    I personally don't care about posters or Argos banners. The pitch and the team is the only thing that matters to me. The seats can be pink with pony stickers on them, I don't care.. I'm not there to support the seats or the external look of BMO field.
    While I agree with your priorities posted, this thread would be the thread to talk about appearances.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by greatwhitenorf View Post
    MLSE stadium ops boss Bob Hunter, for one.

Told a gathering of media just before the re-opening that it would always be a 'soccer first' stadium. A few days later, he told a group I was with that they "can't screw this up for soccer", and that the field would always be a proper grass surface.
    I'll need a quote for that. I met with Mr Hunter and while he said they were trying grass this year he by no means promised that would be the case in perpetuity. This year is very much a test case.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pas de problem, Sparky:

http://www.torontosun.com/2015/05/07...o-tfcs-stadium

Leiweke is usually quoted, but the story indicates Bob Hunter was part of the group and he happily echoed everything Leiweke said. MLSE staunchly maintained that tone throughout all their discussions prior to BMO Field reopening last spring. My group even had MLSE communications director Dave Haggith for company.

Here's what he said in another article:
    But as MLSE chief project development officer Bob Hunter explained to the Sun, the organization is already doing testing to determine the best method of removing football lines for MLS games.

“We’re testing it at the Kia Training Ground now,” Hunter said. “It would be a steam cleaning system to remove the lines.
    “We’ve had a mandate that we can’t screw up the soccer experience.

http://www.ottawasun.com/2015/05/06/...-new-bmo-field
    Last edited by greatwhitenorf; 01-06-2016 at 10:25 AM.