or this thing that looks like a birth canal:

i'm fine.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jazzy View Post
    With the rioof as high as it is , the rain will enter the lower seats don't believe there is much rain / wind coming from the east . It comes off the lake or in really bad storms from the north ...id say approx 10 to 20 rows up . Surprised no one has mentioned the turnaround on turf at the sky dome . If that is so then why did the Aholes have to leave ? Conspiracy . Was know all the time .
    The Argos have been wanting to get out for a while with the way Rogers had been handling their dates, basically telling them their 9 home dates with no give or take at all. It was not ideal at all as they would have four games on the road, 4 straight games at 4. The worst was being forced to play on the Tuesday after Labour Day weekend, the first day back at school for most kids. It was a mess all around. With a consistent schedule at BMO Field, it will give them a big boost in terms of ticket sales. The notion of putting grass in the dome was what finally forced the move out.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The move away from Grass at the Sky Dome is an internal thing within the Jays - Beeston wanted it but the bean counters at Rogers don't think they need it to sell seats or players on coming. The new president doesn't seem to care so much. Its got nothing to do with the Argos.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With the rioof as high as it is , the rain will enter the lower seats don't believe there is much rain / wind coming from the east . It comes off the lake or in really bad storms from the north ...id say approx 10 to 20 rows up . Surprised no one has mentioned the turnaround on turf at the sky dome . If that is so then why did the Aholes have to leave ? Conspiracy . Was know all the time .
    I didn't say that people wouldn't get rained on.. I just said that it covers all the seats. Saying the roof covers only 60% of the seats would be wrong as it does in fact cover all of them. (ie if you look straight up the roof is over head. If the rain comes in at an angle.. well that was always an issue.. and any roof is going to leave the most expensive seats exposed.. they are expensive they can afford the right clothing :P

Though I do recall (and this isn't directed at you) that in the past I said the people on this forum would never be happy, that even if we got a roof people would complain that it wasn't the right kind of roof or it wasn't a good enough roof, or it wasn't a pretty enough roof.

Turns out... people are now complaining it isn't the Right kind of roof, it isn't a good enough roof, and it isn't a pretty enough roof.

Nice to know people are predictable.
    Last edited by Kaz; 12-22-2015 at 09:33 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seems from the design, the high canopy over the South End won't do much to block rain but I'm also concerned about sun shade for summer afternoon games. Having a bit of shade will help the energy level in the section. Will just have to see how much shade the high canopy and the West Side canopy provide.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by __wowza View Post
    as long as we're not playing in this:

Reminds me of Gold Saucer from Final Fantasy VII.
    Toronto 'til I die - but I think they're trying to kill me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eustacchio View Post
    Reminds me of Gold Saucer from Final Fantasy VII.
    I remember watching this show as a kid.............Reboot I believe???

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by __wowza View Post
    as long as we're not playing in this:

or this thing that looks like a birth canal:

i'm fine.

I remember watching this show as a kid............ReBoot

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kaz View Post
    I didn't say that people wouldn't get rained on.. I just said that it covers all the seats. Saying the roof covers only 60% of the seats would be wrong as it does in fact cover all of them. (ie if you look straight up the roof is over head. If the rain comes in at an angle.. well that was always an issue.. and any roof is going to leave the most expensive seats exposed.. they are expensive they can afford the right clothing :P

Though I do recall (and this isn't directed at you) that in the past I said the people on this forum would never be happy, that even if we got a roof people would complain that it wasn't the right kind of roof or it wasn't a good enough roof, or it wasn't a pretty enough roof.

Turns out... people are now complaining it isn't the Right kind of roof, it isn't a good enough roof, and it isn't a pretty enough roof.

Nice to know people are predictable.

I'm also 100% sure that after our first match on a sunny but cool day we will have a complaint about someone freezing their ass off because of the shade thrown by our new roof. Guaranteed.

I for one like the new design and the new roof. Sure, the open north end isn't perfect but there's nothing to say the stadium will never undergo another phase of development. We have had five phases of growth in ten years - Original > Grass Field > North Stands > Second Deck > Roof/Argos

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chevy View Post
    I'm also 100% sure that after our first match on a sunny but cool day we will have a complaint about someone freezing their ass off because of the shade thrown by our new roof. Guaranteed.

I for one like the new design and the new roof. Sure, the open north end isn't perfect but there's nothing to say the stadium will never undergo another phase of development. We have had five phases of growth in ten years - Original > Grass Field > North Stands > Second Deck > Roof/Argos
    I Agree with this!!

Haters gonna Hate

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was just gonna say a bunch of complainers, glad were not all goin campin togethor
    "bob is settin up the tent, oh great, wait whys it under the tree, how long is this gonna take..

Im so happy we got roofs over the stands for alot of reasons obviously, we started with a shit cheap stadium but theyve been good to us in the upgrades we got since. I mean fuck theyre not even gonna turn a profit for the next couple years and we've gotten reno's the last 2 winters. Is it the best stadium? Fuck no, but its ours and nothing else looks like it. I like character
    Last edited by dutch; 12-23-2015 at 12:01 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This exactly.
    Quote Originally Posted by dutch View Post
    I was just gonna say a bunch of complainers, glad were not all goin campin togethor
    "bob is settin up the tent, oh great, wait whys it under the tree, how long is this gonna take..

Im so happy we got roofs over the stands for alot of reasons obviously, we started with a shit cheap stadium but theyve been good to us in the upgrades we got since. I mean fuck theyre not even gonna turn a profit for the next couple years and we've gotten reno's the last 2 winters. Is it the best stadium? Fuck no, but its ours and nothing else looks like it. I like character

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here is the question, the renovation of BMO Field without the Argos, the Grey Cup and the outdoor hockey games would it had happened? BMO Field remaining a mainly soccer only stadium I don't think even gets a roof over the stadium looking back at history now. However, BMO Field from all accounts was turning a profit before the addition of the new east stand, therefore I think it was generating enough money to at the very least cover the original 3 stands plus the added north stand with roofs, no need for that expanded east stand if we were not getting the Argos, the Grey Cups and the outdoor hockey games. However, what we might have gotten was the keeping of the north stand with a roof, and a proper roof over the south stands, not this crazy open roof they are putting over the south stands which will be so high above the south stands in order to accommodate temporary stands for the Grey Cup and outdoor hockey games. Therefore, without the Argos, the Grey Cup and outdoor hockey we might have been able to build proper renovations with the stadium looking so much better, however, because this is Toronto we get good old accommodating just look at that old Exhibition Stadium where the Argos and Jays and even the old Toronto Blizzard soccer club use to play and look what accommodating created with that ugly excuse for a stadium!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SoccMan2 View Post
    Here is the question, the renovation of BMO Field without the Argos, the Grey Cup and the outdoor hockey games would it had happened? BMO Field remaining a mainly soccer only stadium I don't think even gets a roof over the stadium looking back at history now. However, BMO Field from all accounts was turning a profit before the addition of the new east stand, therefore I think it was generating enough money to at the very least cover the original 3 stands plus the added north stand with roofs, no need for that expanded east stand if we were not getting the Argos, the Grey Cups and the outdoor hockey games. However, what we might have gotten was the keeping of the north stand with a roof, and a proper roof over the south stands, not this crazy open roof they are putting over the south stands which will be so high above the south stands in order to accommodate temporary stands for the Grey Cup and outdoor hockey games. Therefore, without the Argos, the Grey Cup and outdoor hockey we might have been able to build proper renovations with the stadium looking so much better, however, because this is Toronto we get good old accommodating just look at that old Exhibition Stadium where the Argos and Jays and even the old Toronto Blizzard soccer club use to play and look what accommodating created with that ugly excuse for a stadium!
    the east stand and the roof came mainly as a way to increase revenue once rogers and bell bought the team and invested all of that money on the product. They foresaw renewed fan investment and sizable increase in attendance once we became perennial powers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let's go floating stadium.

Best seats to whoever pulls up their boat.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stopped by again earlier today. Looks like almost no work was being done, only a handful of people on the site.

http://imgur.com/a/gp7Ln

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why does it look like the north end has additional roof supports on the towers and the south end doesn't?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimiv View Post
    Why does it look like the north end has additional roof supports on the towers and the south end doesn't?
    Sorry? Not quite getting what you're asking.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Onyx View Post
    at very least hang wind screens at back gaps and part of the sides
    the sides won't have any screens because that would block part of the CFL field from view, it would have been doable if the field wasn't longer than the stands

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Stopped by again earlier today. Looks like almost no work was being done, only a handful of people on the site.

http://imgur.com/a/gp7Ln
    I would expect very little work to be happening this week or next.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blizzard View Post
    Sorry? Not quite getting what you're asking.
    look at these 2 images...

the left one is North end (photo posted by Ivy) and the right one is south (photo posted by Greg), the left has what looks like some sort of support bracket on the back post.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The North East tower was the first one started.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes , we are hard to please creatures , agreed . Roof is ok . I will get wet and really it's ok . I actually am more upset about the wind sweeping through , removal of north stands and generally the openness of it all . There is no way the sound reverberates as it should . Everything simply seems added on in patchwork style . Will Toronto ever go first rate in anything . Hell knows with really the best sports fans in the world we are constantly taken for granted .
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hell knows with really the best sports fans in the world we are constantly taken for granted .
    people saying shit like this is why everyone hates us.
    Last edited by molenshtain; 12-24-2015 at 09:24 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes , we are hard to please creatures , agreed . Roof is ok . I will get wet and really it's ok . I actually am more upset about the wind sweeping through , removal of north stands and generally the openness of it all . There is no way the sound reverberates as it should . Everything simply seems added on in patchwork style . Will Toronto ever go first rate in anything . Hell knows with really the best sports fans in the world we are constantly taken for granted .
    Lets be honest even if it was a "first rate" design people would still complain about it. It is what Toronto Sports fans do. Nothing is ever good enough for Fans in Toronto.

nothing about the roof makes the watching experience any less. All the Complaints are about the Narcissistic issues with the Supporter groups because all they care about is the chanting... we've scored goals in the south end where supporter groups were the last to know because they were too busy chanting in French at each other. That is what this is all about.. Supporters groups want a better stages for them, not for the boys on the pitch.

Northend I'm pissed about. the lies told about the design I'm pissed (ie retractable seating) .. the Argos coming in for free really, I'm pissed. The Roof I'm not worried about. People love to complain about "fairweather fans" the roof will help keep them there so it will do well.

If it was an ultra modern fully redesigned stadium, people will say it isn't a classic enough, or it is ugly, it is style over function.

The stadium is larger, there is a roof that will help keep people in their seats, the seats are still red, the pitch is still grass, next summer we will discover how bad the CFL will destroy it.. but at least for this year it is still grass.

All I care about is if I go to the game I can see the pitch and watch soccer. The rest is meaningless to me, it is some place to sit down. If I can sit down without getting rained on, great, if I get rained on.. meh. The Wind has always been an issue. I remember watch a Labrocca free kick catching the wind and going in the net.

BMO is a stadium that is a patchwork stadium, with history, many European stadiums are patchwork stadiums. It is a place to watch the game. Nothing more. As long as I can see the pitch and I can take a pee that is all I need.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am still shock that MLSE is willing to spend this much money on city owned stadium when they could have easily built a proper stadium somewhere in GTA for $100-120 million and own it themselves like ACC and make more money than they would compare to BMO field.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC07 View Post
    I am still shock that MLSE is willing to spend this much money on city owned stadium when they could have easily built a proper stadium somewhere in GTA for $100-120 million and own it themselves like ACC and make more money than they would compare to BMO field.
    it would cost at least 250 million to build this exact stadium somewhere else in the GTA.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by molenshtain View Post
    it would cost at least 250 million to build this exact stadium somewhere else in the GTA.
    How so?

BMO field is built cheaply and reason why upgrades cost $100 million because MLSE had to redo inside of BMO field which is costly compare to building it from scratch.

Depending location, land wouldn't have cost as much compare to building a stadium in downtown Toronto.

Most importantly, MLSE would have actually own and control their own stadium and keep all profits to themselves instead of sharing some of it to city.

But let's say they did spend $250 million, just imagine how much better the stadium will be and how much more attractive it would be to host other events compare to BMO field that looks like more stadium built for university football with roofs.

In the long term, I think they will look back and see how much they messed up on BMO field renovation.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The only alternative to the Ex would be a stadium at Downsview. When MLSE moves TFC there around 2030, they will be building a 60K stadium that can be scaled down to 45K. We will need it by then.

There is no use building something small now when they will be building something bigger later.

This is a stadium built to survive the next 15 years.