Page 11 of 86 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not to be too picky, but any chance this thread could stay on topic and keep to BMO Field Construction Information & Photos of said construction? Still going on about CFL, and now over three dozen photos of other stadiums.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorth View Post
    Not to be too picky, but any chance this thread could stay on topic and keep to BMO Field Construction Information & Photos of said construction? Still going on about CFL, and now over three dozen photos of other stadiums.
    Yeah I really don't get it.

The Argo's are playing at BMO, deal with it.

This thread is about the physical construction progress of the stadium, not the politics behind it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have never seen a team make a huge renovation to their stadium or arena and not tout all the great benefits of those renovations on their web site. The TFC site gives no significant details about the reno so we share a few pictures and spaculate. Sorry but Argos moving in has affected the design and experience and given the fact that TFC has not shared anything leaves the door open to discussions about politics and the potential end design. TFC, share the details of the wonderful design and most of this speculation and bitching wil end.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The secrecy around the whole construction plan and progresses pisses me off more than anything.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ya but the other stadium photos show how in the UK and Europe many stadiums have changed significantly over the years, something that usually doesn't happen to often in USA/Canada, many people seemed to be saying as if this is the final stage of the stadium. I was just showing that just because the stadium North Stand is gone for now, does not mean it can not be rebuilt years later (Hopefully it does), and showing that having uneven stands and roofs is actually normal, BMO field having 3 different stands actually kind of makes it more like a stadium in England then many of the other stadiums in MLS to be honest. Also showing that while I have seen some people say we have no room to build or adjust to the location of our stadium, but if you look at many stadiums again in Europe you see they have been built and expanding in much more densely built neighbourhoods and sometimes you just have to get creative to renovate stadiums. Me personally I think are stadium still is in quite a very open space, I think if you ever wanted to adjust things (such as a new North End) if you look at creative ways you could still fit a new North Stand in no problem, just a matter of if MLSE ever wanting to put the time in, effort and money!

To be honest I am surprised many CFL stadiums never renovated there stadiums more, some are or were pretty old and had such huge open area to build new stands, exspecially behind many End zones. Anyways BMO field has gone through a lot of renovations in its short 9 years.
    Last edited by james; 12-04-2015 at 12:27 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

also construction photos are coming in slow, what else are we going to talk about between weeks waiting for the next photo? As long as its to do with construction, speculations and examples of stadiums I don't see anything wrong with it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    The secrecy around the whole construction plan and progresses pisses me off more than anything.
    Exactly, if they MLSE was open with fans throughout the process, installed a livecam and answered any seat holders questions with honest answers these threads would be a whole lot shorter. They are so secretive that their front line staff don't know what's going on.

When I asked my rep why there was no roof over the North end last November here is their response...
    "in terms of the roof, they decided not to cover the north end for reasons of the scoreboard"

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You are not even close to being the first to point this out and wish this. A hefty portion of this thread is composed of these posts. It takes everyone to stay on topic.

I'd like to thank @james for the other example pics as filler that isn't thread management while we all wait on the next pic of the actual stadium in question.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by C.Ronaldo View Post
    But MLS is tier 3/4 in the world of soccer, only upside is that it can one day become tier 1, the other leagues cant.

I want to CFL to succeed, but it needs to rethink its approach. should much more regional, Barrie, kingston, windsor, waterloo, etcc., then they only meet further teams in the playoffs

This crap of MLS being a lower tier of soccer must stop. Soccer is a global sport played by millions of players with Professional leagues everywhere and great players in every league. Our top league is MLS. Enjoy the games and don't let the naysayers who hate soccer lower our league and sport. We are not a sport that has only one or two leagues in the world who competes against no one else but claims to be World Champions.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Prof View Post
    This crap of MLS being a lower tier of soccer must stop. Soccer is a global sport played by millions of players with Professional leagues everywhere and great players in every league. Our top league is MLS. Enjoy the games and don't let the naysayers who hate soccer lower our league and sport. We are not a sport that has only one or two leagues in the world who competes against no one else but claims to be World Champions.
    Its amazing because alot of the same points in here can be made about peoples views of the CFL.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BuSaPuNk View Post
    Its amazing because alot of the same points in here can be made about peoples views of the CFL.
    I assume you mean in this thread or on this board. Prof's post pretty well outlined the biggest differences between the 2 sports in question.

Not that this thread is about how these sports differ.

Anybody grab any pics on the way to work today? Maybe somebody can grab them on the way to the pub Sunday?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    I assume you mean in this thread or on this board. Prof's post pretty well outlined the biggest differences between the 2 sports in question.

Not that this thread is about how these sports differ.

Anybody grab any pics on the way to work today? Maybe somebody can grab them on the way to the pub Sunday?
    Our leauge is CFL that brand of football isn't played anywhere else in the world making it our leauge and the best leauge same as the argument that's being made about MLS.

Sure football is a world sport but please tell me what other world leagues have salary caps and 're entry drafts ect. MLS is the CFL of world football. Its our leauge and we love it just as people love the CFL.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BuSaPuNk View Post
    Our leauge is CFL that brand of football isn't played anywhere else in the world making it our leauge and the best leauge same as the argument that's being made about MLS.

Sure football is a world sport but please tell me what other world leagues have salary caps and 're entry drafts ect. MLS is the CFL of world football. Its our leauge and we love it just as people love the CFL.

There are plenty of differences in league structure around the world.

The game is played the same.

It's not semantics. CFL is a different game since it has different rules in how it's played.

You want to make the connection, there are differences, sure, but not in the sport being played. To infer otherwise is a reach you're making for some reason.

I don't agree with poo pooing the worth of a sports existence and the relevance of either games existence should not be a discussion but ignoring the very differences that make the sports attractive would be remiss.

Pics anyone?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i moved.
    otherwise i'd be posting daily.

there must be someone that works super close to the CNE?
    or lives in Liberty Village? Fort York Condos?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    There are plenty of differences in league structure around the world.

The game is played the same.

It's not semantics. CFL is a different game since it has different rules in how it's played.

You want to make the connection, there are differences, sure, but not in the sport being played. To infer otherwise is a reach you're making for some reason.

I don't agree with poo pooing the worth of a sports existence and the relevance of either games existence should not be a discussion but ignoring the very differences that make the sports attractive would be remiss.

Pics anyone?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We appear to be going backwards.

Sorry guys it was too dark yesterday by the time i went by to get anything.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my perspective is off.
    is that the north stand coming down?

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

found on the UrbanToronto website - photo from last wednesday

Fail to prepare, prepare to fail.
    Roy Keane

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Roy Keane

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Roy Keane

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sully View Post

I guess they got an exemption to use pesticides at BMO Field?
    Roy Keane

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol somebody stole my pictures, put them on urban Toronto, then you went there and brought them back here. Lol word.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol somebody stole my pictures, put them on urban Toronto, then you went there and brought them back here. Lol word.
    Ha ha. And I was kinda worried about if you're supposed to acknowledge owners of photos and how do you know who the owner is etc..
    Roy Keane

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Awesome pics guys, keep them updated if you can.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question! Are those supports remaing ? ....wtf
    Last edited by jazzy; 12-05-2015 at 12:47 AM.
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It looks to me the way the roof is angled it might get heavy and take on some pressure with the snow build up, anyone else see that?

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wagner View Post
    my perspective is off.
    is that the north stand coming down?
    It's the west stand going up... in 2006.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess they got an exemption to use pesticides at BMO Field?
    Nice catch, looks like it!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    It looks to me the way the roof is angled it might get heavy and take on some pressure with the snow build up, anyone else see that?
    Where the snow would collect happens to where the truss is, if anything it's probably the least likely place for a cave in.

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Not sure if this is politics or construction related but if folks are checking out the construction, I'd keep an eye out for paint cans.

This is the official 2016 Argos' Season Ticket page. I assume the fans are dressed in Blue hiding the Red seats? Artist rendition of course but this was vetted by their Marketing department presumably.

http://argosatbmofield.ca