Page 71 of 86 FirstFirst ... 216167686970717273747581 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,130 of 2556
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    It's like an umbrella for the stadium. Nope. They're good with that.
    So the temporary seats in the south end, are they going to be a permanent fixture, or will they only be put in place when the event requires it?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by troy1982 View Post
    By make over do you mean, adding Argos items?
    Ti-Cat

OSKI WE WE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I must be the only one who thinks the renos look a right mess. What is with the gap between the top of the seating and the roofs? The roofing should be tighter to the stands if its to provide any protection from the weather, especially so close to the lake. This is especially true of the south end. Do they really believe that dinky little piece of metal is going to either protect fans from the rain or increase the noise?

If this is the return for having to put up with both the Argos and artificial turf (which looks awful btw) id rather we had left the stadium as it was

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So the 2 front row seats on the east side at least are a charming blue......
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jazzy View Post

Didn't stop Seba from doing this.

BMO gotta BMO.
    Last edited by OgtheDim; 05-05-2016 at 06:27 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i hope we win saturday

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm curious: Having never been to an ACC game, can you tell that the Leafs/Raptors occupy the same building on nights the Raptors/Leafs play (such as division banners, etc)? Wouldn't it be something similar?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Initial B View Post
    I'm curious: Having never been to an ACC game, can you tell that the Leafs/Raptors occupy the same building on nights the Raptors/Leafs play (such as division banners, etc)? Wouldn't it be something similar?
    Yes, every banner hangs in the rafters for both teams, just like at most arenas. From a stadium perspective there is only one stadium left for the time being anyways that houses both the NFL and Major League Baseball, Oakland.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Capo Stands waiting to find their home in front of the south end.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As has already been said, yes, the coexistence of both teams in the ACC is obvious both inside the arena and on the concourses outside.

Further to that, there seems to be very little, if any animosity between the two sets of fans. That's probably because neither really encroaches on or compromises the others identity. Additionally, very often a Raptors fan is also a Leafs fan at least in my (limited) experience.

It is strange that TFC fans and those of the Argos have such a deep loathing of each other and the team they support, which is due only to the shared stadium. Or is there a deeper reason? I don't know to be honest.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by StokeciTFC View Post

It is strange that TFC fans and those of the Argos have such a deep loathing of each other and the team they support, which is due only to the shared stadium. Or is there a deeper reason? I don't know to be honest.

That's a question probably best for year old but still simmering along thread about the decision about the Argos. This one is about construction only, in theory.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    That's a question probably best for year old but still simmering along thread about the decision about the Argos. This one is about construction only, in theory.
    True, apologies to veer off topic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    The Capo Stands waiting to find their home in front of the south end.

Where are the damn cup holders.... more damn lies

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would have been happy to have left the stadium the way it was if it meant keeping the Argos out! Like I mentioned earlier if the final product was a proper roof on all four sides with no gaps and still having a north stand but a proper north stand, if the final product was a stadium that was very similar to Liverpool's Anfield stadium then I would have no problem with the Argos coming in, however I will not accept the Argos and this big fail of renovations, this stadium renovation is a joke and we still have the Argos at BMO, what a waist of money!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As has already been said, yes, the coexistence of both teams in the ACC is obvious both inside the arena and on the concourses outside.

Further to that, there seems to be very little, if any animosity between the two sets of fans. That's probably because neither really encroaches on or compromises the others identity. Additionally, very often a Raptors fan is also a Leafs fan at least in my (limited) experience.

honestly i think the loathing is one way. Talked to a few football/argo fans about BMO during kids spring hockey on weekend, most aren't really aware of TFC/mls, one thought TFC played in CSL league, other two didn't really know any the issues. They are looking forward to football outside at BMO, two of them were "bouycotting" skydome last few years. One thing they said, just a massive hatred for Rogers ... one won't even buy anything Rogers name on it. Really happy new ownership bought the team as Braley was a terrible owner. Kinda oblivious of what is going on.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Onyx View Post
    honestly i think the loathing is one way.
    Uh, no.

I have blocked about 10 CFL twitter trolls.

But, again, that's for another thread.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jazzy View Post
    field side seating on the east side has been a BMO blue for at least a season if not two now. Nothing new.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Uh, no.

I have blocked about 10 CFL twitter trolls.

But, again, that's for another thread.
    thats just a handful of nuts ... evey fanbase has those
    ... i talking about joe average fan

anyways, more pictures please

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by German21 View Post
    field side seating on the east side has been a BMO blue for at least a season if not two now. Nothing new.
    yes, its BMO bank blue

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Everyone has to understand this is only phase 2 of construction for bmo field, its only been 10 years and we've already had a massive upgrade. We shouldn't be comparing ourselves to Liverpool, and even if our stadium was like Anfield it seems like people in this thread wouldn't be happy either, each side is different and each roof is a different height... you can go on and on, but it is a unique stadium with character just like ours is becoming, but will take many more phases to complete. Cheer on the team, bring the atmosphere which brings more fans out and in turn hopefully another expansion to close the gaps!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SkokoFC View Post
    Everyone has to understand this is only phase 2 of construction for bmo field, its only been 10 years and we've already had a massive upgrade. We shouldn't be comparing ourselves to Liverpool, and even if our stadium was like Anfield it seems like people in this thread wouldn't be happy either, each side is different and each roof is a different height... you can go on and on, but it is a unique stadium with character just like ours is becoming, but will take many more phases to complete. Cheer on the team, bring the atmosphere which brings more fans out and in turn hopefully another expansion to close the gaps!!
    please no more looooonnnnng roadtrips

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Onyx View Post
    please no more looooonnnnng roadtrips
    haha yea, hopefully now that the roof is on they can do any expansion while still playing at home

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SoccMan2 View Post
    Of course they lied, but hey it's just part of doing business is it not ? This Hunter character did not know what a soccer ball was if it hit him in the head a few years ago now this is the guy in charge of overseeing that the stadium keeps it's soccer look, ya ok lol!
    Don't let them off so easy. They lied and had all the input and feedback to choose to do the right thing the right way.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flambe View Post
    So the temporary seats in the south end, are they going to be a permanent fixture, or will they only be put in place when the event requires it?
    Event.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by General Woolfe View Post
    I must be the only one who thinks the renos look a right mess. What is with the gap between the top of the seating and the roofs? The roofing should be tighter to the stands if its to provide any protection from the weather, especially so close to the lake. This is especially true of the south end. Do they really believe that dinky little piece of metal is going to either protect fans from the rain or increase the noise?

If this is the return for having to put up with both the Argos and artificial turf (which looks awful btw) id rather we had left the stadium as it was
    You must be the only one who doesn't read previous pages. Seriously, General, there's been plenty of complaints about the Frankenstadium.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    i hope we win saturday
    Even to the sound of unfinished construction.

(Just bringing it back to topic )

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stokeci, Raptors fans were so new and happy to get their own arena after playing in Skydome there was minimal disappointment when the biggest team in town got in on the action.

Also both sports have groundshare commonplace through the continent. This doesn't mean one can't find complaints from fans and players about rough conversions from one sport to another but it's regarded as something to tolerate.

The rest of your question on animosity would be in the Argos to BMO thread. Copious discussion there on the subject.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I found it funny that in the Kurt Larson interview with Hunter that Hunter says because they were in the top 5 for money spent on the stadium then that makes our stadium in the top 5 for venues in MLS. Just because you spent the money doesn't guarantee you that accolade. I guess I will wait to see it in person tomorrow since I have not been down there since the end of last season but going by the pictures it doesn't have that top 5 appeal in my opinion. I still think Red Bull Arena is tops but not sure where I would rate others. I haven't been to too many MLS stadiums so I guess hard for me to judge just from TV broadcasts. Any RPB road warriors want to take a stab at the top 5 stadiums in MLS? Are we one of them like Bob says?

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IMO when building or refurbishing stadiums if one needs accolades one needs to be THE best stadium when its done since the next one built will almost outshine it.

Agree on RB Arena. Although it balances out being in Jersey.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    I found it funny that in the Kurt Larson interview with Hunter that Hunter says because they were in the top 5 for money spent on the stadium then that makes our stadium in the top 5 for venues in MLS. Just because you spent the money doesn't guarantee you that accolade. I guess I will wait to see it in person tomorrow since I have not been down there since the end of last season but going by the pictures it doesn't have that top 5 appeal in my opinion. I still think Red Bull Arena is tops but not sure where I would rate others. I haven't been to too many MLS stadiums so I guess hard for me to judge just from TV broadcasts. Any RPB road warriors want to take a stab at the top 5 stadiums in MLS? Are we one of them like Bob says?
    I've been to a lot of soccer-first MLS stadiums. My opinion: Red Bull Arena and Children's Mercy Park are still nicer venues, but Toronto FC is firmly in the conversation for third-place alongside StubHub Center and, eventually, Orlando City's new stadium. Portland is cool, but turf.

If I were to rank MLS stadiums right now all things considered...

1) Children's Mercy Park
    2) Red Bull Arena
    3) BMO Field
    4) StubHub Center
    5) Providence Park
    6) Dick's Sporting Goods Park