Page 1 of 80 123451151 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default BMO Field construction thread

Pics and construction talk. No Argos stuff please.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://seasonseats.torontofc.ca/new-bmo-expansion.php

You can see that the north end is just a patio. It looks ridiculous.

Add in the fact that the canopy over the south end is so much higher up, it actually looks stupid.
    Last edited by CanadaLFC; 11-05-2015 at 10:51 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CanadaLFC View Post
    Add in the fact that the canopy over the south end is so much higher up, it actually looks stupid.
    I'd assume they are allowing for construction of more seats sometime in the future - or at least temporary seating for big events.

I wouldn't take the graphic too seriously ... if so, perhaps the bigger question is why is the entire south end sitting down during the anthem?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

seems they are also counting on TIFO going up - similar to Portland
    -have they offered to subsidize their creation?

"we will also be introducing a rigging system for tifo displays, similar to those in European stadiums, as well as new sound and lighting systems."

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OfficeGuy View Post
    seems they are also counting on TIFO going up - similar to Portland
    -have they offered to subsidize their creation?

"we will also be introducing a rigging system for tifo displays, similar to those in European stadiums, as well as new sound and lighting systems."

No need to subsidize their creation, but they have been working with all the groups as far as including this system in the upgrade.
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

Twitter: @RPBPhil

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm sure one of the reasons they're leaving the north end open is to allow for stage construction for concerts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will be going by bmo tomorrow night, ill see if i can snap a few pics.

Also have been told no concerts will take place.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pint View Post
    I will be going by bmo tomorrow night, ill see if i can snap a few pics.

Also have been told no concerts will take place.
    Concerts have never been a thing a BMO, heck they put on one and never again, too many better fabilities available for use.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just saw BMO field. There is no construction or workers going on yet

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What a joke of a stadium basically looks ugly to accommodate the Argos and the other events the stadium will hosts, so in the end because of it having to be an all purpose stadium you get this ugly looking stadium in the end. The North stands are gone, so Otis now an even more open stadium, the south end roof over the stands is a joke, how much will people be protected from the elements with that big space between the stands and the canopy, the sound will escape so the stadium will not sound more noisy exspecially with the north stands gone, but MLSE still is trying to sell this BMO renovation as a great thing when it's not. The stadium has not improved it has actually been made worse with the removal of the north stand, sorry but Saputo Stadium with all it's warts is way more intimate than this new BMO will be, MLSE really thinks we are all idiots.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SoccMan2 View Post
    What a joke of a stadium basically looks ugly to accommodate the Argos and the other events the stadium will hosts, so in the end because of it having to be an all purpose stadium you get this ugly looking stadium in the end. The North stands are gone, so Otis now an even more open stadium, the south end roof over the stands is a joke, how much will people be protected from the elements with that big space between the stands and the canopy, the sound will escape so the stadium will not sound more noisy exspecially with the north stands gone, but MLSE still is trying to sell this BMO renovation as a great thing when it's not. The stadium has not improved it has actually been made worse with the removal of the north stand, sorry but Saputo Stadium with all it's warts is way more intimate than this new BMO will be, MLSE really thinks we are all idiots.
    I fully agree with all your views expressed here.
    This is a huge slap in the face to all those who expected after so many years to have a covered stadium with real warm atmosphere and and least a good looking one.
    Fuck you MLSE!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My 2 cents - If you are made at MLSE, be mad at everything including your local governments.

I think that the GTA should have a nice stadium for soccer and 1 for football. This isn't the US (which is also changing) where you can justify giving things to teams.

How in the hell does the City of Toronto get the PAN AM games but Hamilton gets a stadium and not Toronto (??)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

It looks like Tim Horton's Field. Just another shitty CFL stadium - only this one will be empty!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post
    It looks like Tim Horton's Field. Just another shitty CFL stadium - only this one will be empty!!
    Tim Horton's field is actually quite a nice stadium, good sight lines and amenities.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    Tim Horton's field is actually quite a nice stadium, good sight lines and amenities.

I saw the Pan Am Soccer finals there. Nothing intimate about it. The open ends really kill that vibe. It draws your focus outside the stadium.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Oh I'd like to add a suggestion here - not that MSLE reads the boards anymore, but

- In the concession area, when the 12 minute intermission is up, there should be some sort of audible notification to tell people to go back to their seats. They did it in a few stadium I went to in England and they also do it at the opera house in Toronto. Really works well IMO

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post
    Oh I'd like to add a suggestion here - not that MSLE reads the boards anymore, but

- In the concession area, when the 12 minute intermission is up, there should be some sort of audible notification to tell people to go back to their seats. They did it in a few stadium I went to in England and they also do it at the opera house in Toronto. Really works well IMO
    This is a great idea.

But my cynical side says I doubt they do it, because it would mean a few less people buying from concessions.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's so fugly...
    go stand behind the north end during warm up if you want some free soccer balls.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe i'm in the minority, but I really like the look of the design. Sure the north end is far from perfect, but overall it will be an excellent venue for footie.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We're gonna have a 3 sided stadium again? Why are we going backwards? lol.

Oh well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brooker View Post
    We're gonna have a 3 sided stadium again? Why are we going backwards? lol.

Oh well.
    typical of MSLE 1 step forward 18 fucking steps back. Sorry for my belligerence but this seriously chaps my ass.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It does seem like a step backwards. For a multi-use facility, I guess that's the best design we could hope for. It would have been nice to have retractable/removable bleachers to fill out the north end, but MLSE must have decided against it due to budgetary concerns.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No stand in the north makes it look very minor league.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As I've mentioned somewhere, the open end is worse than Columbus field and say goodbye to any retained sound .....nothing is good about next year ! Raise $, some seats simply gone for some , same team , we'll rise to 5th place maybe ? Worse thing is I really was hoping for a sound emporium where the great singers could be heard . Probably the only form of intimidation we can bring to BMO field , despite Bez's letter to STH's that our stadium has become an intimidating place where teams find it difficult to play ?? What a gap btwn us and FO . Simply no link or idea/input btwn us. No one in their right mind would ever show this stadium as an example of a soccer stadium .
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jazzy View Post
    ...No one in their right mind would ever show this stadium as an example of a soccer stadium .
    This expresses the best my feelings about BMO field 2016.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can't they just do some kind of temporary seating in the north end instead of leaving it looking like a piece of shit?

Also, is the roof in the south end really gonna be that high? No way will the acoustics be taken advantage of.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff s View Post
    Can't they just do some kind of temporary seating in the north end instead of leaving it looking like a piece of shit?

Also, is the roof in the south end really gonna be that high? No way will the acoustics be taken advantage of.
    i'd be surprised if a roof over the southend is even built, they need room to put in winter classic/grey cup seats.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Qman View Post
    i'd be surprised if a roof over the southend is even built, they need room to put in winter classic/grey cup seats.
    The supports were being worked on before the season ended.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    The supports were being worked on before the season ended.
    Exactly. I'm not sure why people are doubting that construction of the roofs will happen, given that it's already started!

Quote Originally Posted by SoccMan2 View Post
    I'm wondering if the south stands are going to be retracting anymore? I read that all they are going to do now is just configure the field differently at least for CFL football from what I read. Therefore , they are really changing the original plan to save money it seems.
    Good question. We haven't heard much about the first 6 or 8 rows of the south being modified since they made the Argo deal, somehow cutting the renovation costs, and the CFL agreeing to play on a somewhat shorter field than usual.

It's my theory that changing to the shorter field, has made it possible to leave the south stands alone, thus saving money. But there's been little communication.
    Last edited by nfitz; 11-06-2015 at 10:22 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff s View Post

Well if BMO was a Soccer stadium both those point would have been addressed but BMO is now a multi purpose stadium so the canopy is that high on the south end for extra seating for the Grey cup and outdoor hockey games.